Phase3 Vaporizers

Pukka

That info is TOP SECRET.... LMAO!!
It's a super simple system I came up with in my workshop. If you have some tools, it is very easy and quick to make.

First you need to figure out what size you want your screen to be, this can take a bit of trial and error...
The locate a Stainless Steel washer that has the same size hole. I had to modify mine slightly and make the hole bigger by grinding it out some more. I mounted it on two pieces of board that i had lying around, it's very rudimentary and should be built much stronger. More support around the entire circumference would be beneficial.
The I found a drill bit that fit in the hole with an even gap all the way around that was about the same thickness as the mesh I was using.
Cut a square of mesh that overhangs the hole by about 8mm on each side.
Center the drill bit over the mesh that is over the washer and press down to form the screen.
Remove screen and trim the edges to the height you want!

Our one amazing member and manufacturer @Delta3DStudios sells a kit to make your own basket screens.
May be easier!!

My nasty bits and bobs for awesome screens!

Washer mounted to boards, the right side is broken... I just super glued it together.
I will remake it with a wooden base and a cut out for the washer to sit in perfectly.
The problem is, I have been using the same screens I made more than 5 years ago with this contraption and they are still looking new!
20231126-145007.jpg

Brill bit next to the amazing screen contraption!

20231126-145105.jpg

Space around brill bit shank and washer is even to or slightly larger than thickness of mesh being used to form the basket.
20231126-145111.jpg

Hope this makes some sense...:shrug::rofl::hmm:
Absolutely! Thank you. I would buy the Delta3D one but it's never in stock 🙃

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hopefully now that they have been pinged, they will come and check the thread out and help you out!
@Delta3DStudios We need some help here with your screen basket Screen press!! :D:D:D

Greta company to deal with and their products last a long time!!!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hopefully now that they have been pinged, they will come and check the thread out and help you out!
@Delta3DStudios We need some help here with your screen basket Screen press!! :D:D:D

Greta company to deal with and their products last a long time!!!

Thanks for the shoutout!

Lol yeah - the basket screen press was made by an old friend of mine many years ago based on specs I provided. However his pricing and build quality was not up to my standards so the product was discontinued until I could find another machine shop to work with. I still have one copy of the basket presses in stock so I can punch out fresh basket screens in 5-packs for customers, but that's it currently.

I have a few awesome ideas for a new basket screen press, however I haven't had a chance to finalize them as there's never enough time in a day to accomplish everything on my todo list :lol:

I did recently acquire a few off-the-shelf parts which I suspect could work (with the help of some 3D printed parts to hold everything in place), but I haven't had a chance to design/assemble anything yet for beta-testing the proof of concept.

If someone is interested in helping sponsor a beta-test of a new v2 basket screen press, by all means send me a private message. This is the height of my busy sales season, but things should slack of a bit in January and I'll have some time to work on the project. Biggest info I need to know is what size ID the basket screen needs to fit, so I can find a similar glass tube to use for test-fitting prototypes.

lazylathe

Almost there...
So I just impulse bought a 14mm zx plug and play bundle. Stupid excited. Only thing I don't know is what to do about a handle for the coil...

I do not use a handle anymore!
The head is so "light and fluffy" there is no need for an extended handle.
The coils shipped with the ZX are quite small already and I like keeping it small and compact.
The metal part I use as a handle never even gets warm, so I have zero concerns!

And....

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I do not use a handle anymore!
The head is so "light and fluffy" there is no need for an extended handle.
The coils shipped with the ZX are quite small already and I like keeping it small and compact.
The metal part I use as a handle never even gets warm, so I have zero concerns!

And....

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!

Which part do you use as a handle?

Also,

THANK YOU!

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Just like this!

20231129-151411.jpg

Gotcha. Thank you! I didn't realize the zx was so small. Awesome!

I'm with @lazylathe ! I don't use a handle, I just hold the shiny metal piece that joins the coil to the cord. IMO one of the greatest features of the zx and it's brethren is it's light weight.

Oh yeah, welcome to the party! :science:

Thank you my friend!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Gotcha. Thank you! I didn't realize the zx was so small. Awesome!

Thank you my friend!

I was taken back as well when i opened my ZX package!
Coming from other brands of ball vapes I was used to them having some serious weight behind them.
Apparently @invertedisdead did some black magic reverse engineering stuff and made a head just as effective, if not more than the heavy heads!
My arthritic hands and Carpal Tunnel wrists thank him!!

For a quick size comparison, the ZX is just a bit bigger than your standard 18mm to 14mm adapter!!!

20231129-153408.jpg

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I was taken back as well when i opened my ZX package!
Coming from other brands of ball vapes I was used to them having some serious weight behind them.
Apparently @invertedisdead did some black magic reverse engineering stuff and made a head just as effective, if not more than the heavy heads!
My arthritic hands and Carpal Tunnel wrists thank him!!

For a quick size comparison, the ZX is just a bit bigger than your standard 18mm to 14mm adapter!!!

20231129-153408.jpg

Man. That's insane. I was expect this to have a head around the size of, idk, a slimmer zeal (no disrespect to the zeal). But man, this thing is tiny.

I guess I picked a hellivah vape for my first entry in to this side of vaping huh?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Man. That's insane. I was expect this to have a head around the size of, idk, a slimmer zeal (no disrespect to the zeal). But man, this thing is tiny.

I guess I picked a hellivah vape for my first entry in to this side of vaping huh?

If you are going to jump in, might as well be the deep end of the pool!
All the cool kids hang out here!

The kit you bought is all TOP gear and is right up there with the top off the shelf manufacturers!
It has been my go to vape for the past 7 months! Only it's older brother, the Z8 has also joined the party!
It should keep you happy for many years to come!
V.A.S. is a real bugger though...:D

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
If you are going to jump in, might as well be the deep end of the pool!
All the cool kids hang out here!

The kit you bought is all TOP gear and is right up there with the top off the shelf manufacturers!
It has been my go to vape for the past 7 months! Only it's older brother, the Z8 has also joined the party!
It should keep you happy for many years to come!
V.A.S. is a real bugger though...:D

Yeah @coolbreeze talked me into this one. Originally I was going to go with the couch log but due to card issues I chose this wee beastie to hold me over until I figure out purchasing internationally

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’ve been using the handle from Brian at Old Head on my ZX. It’s not the most handsome handle (most of my others have Ed’s TNT handles), but it fits the ZX very well, it’s also incredibly light and not overly expensive.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I’ve been using the handle from Brian at Old Head on my ZX. It’s not the most handsome handle (most of my others have Ed’s TNT handles), but it fits the ZX very well, it’s also incredibly light and not overly expensive.

Thank you. I'll grab this just in case!

Top Bottom