Phase3 Vaporizers

TedJones

Received the ZX a few days ago and agree with everyone's conclusions here. It's a great lil flavor machine! Perfect for the micro-doser like myself. Been trying through various glass, both big and small, and found THIS old simple rig providing great results. Liking a real fine grind for the zirc chamber, filling it about 1/2 full (or a bit more) for a single extraction. I'd be in for a bigger one that would possibly be easier to stir than the glass. Although it's real easy to dump, clean, and reload the current size :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
First of all thank you sooooo much if you left a reviews or testimonial on my website, this should really help build trust for enthusiasts who are new to my products and my company and I'm really happy about that.

I sincerely appreciate your help with this a whole lot, if anyone reading this post is really loving their ZX and just catching up on the thread, please consider leaving a short review on my website, it would mean a lot!

Thank you kindly and cheers friends, I hope everyone following along is gearing up for an excellent weekend with lots of tasty terps! I know my ZX is fired up bright and early this morning (I rarely turn it off 😁 )

PSA: I've noticed that the inner edge of the 14mm female joint on my glass has some new/fresh chips and suspect a combination of cavalier operation and the sharp unbroken outer edge at the bottom of the ZBowl. My glass is cheap so I'm not too flustered but if I had some of y'all's glass I'd be peeving hard (at myself).

@invertedisdead - could be a reasonable upgrade to consider breaking that edge; even a tiny radius would be gentler than what's there now.

The new ZX housings are rounded off at the end of the joint, so I should be able to work that into the next batch of bowlZ. I don't have that many zirconia bowls left in stock, I think there's about 30 left.

Appreciate your feedback and your support!

I wanted to share some praise for the SX. I don't use it a lot compared to the Zs but I have found the perfect niche: camping.
IMG-1607-CROP.jpg

I was fortunate to win a ball vape kit from another mfr and included was a brief case for travel and I reckoned this was the opportunity to test ball vape portability. That vape is a large diffuser so I also wanted something for the quick punch too, hence the SX. The upshot is that bringing both was a lot of fun but if I were to bring one only, it would be the SX, not because the other was disappointing in any way but because even on vacation the SX is a friendlier size for me. Its durability and performance are top-notch of course so it's travel-friendly and can get the job done while being adjustable in terms of hit size.

I'm not sure when we'll see the SX return but I hope others will consider this ultra-durable P3 suitable for travel, camping, and of course, everyday use.

Thanks a ton for the great testimonial for the SX! I could probably do a SX preorder just like I did the first time to prove interest. I’d just have to get some new quotes. I’d be potentially open to if I could get them made affordably enough to not compete so much with the ZX. I'm just not sure how many people would buy a SX if they are nearly the same price as the ZX. The SX's were actually turned totally by hand on a manual lathe. The local machinist who made them for me has CNC capabilities now so he might be able to help me nudge the price down a bit through the time savings from the automation.

I do feel the ZX really represents my original vision well following in the footsteps of all my earlier glass/quartz concepts, but I do want to give the people what they want 'cause I need the revenue to buy food and develop more innovapive concepts, so if more SX's is the ticket I'm down for it. Could do more Z8's too if there's interest there, I'm open to bringing back some of my already developed ideas if there's enough interest, even if it's just through limited runs or drops and not constant availability.

But I’m really trying to add some 220V controllers so my international customers can order Plug & Play ZX kits, so that’s kind of where I’m trying to go. If this interests anybody reading please let me know! I'm thinking of running a pre-order for that to gauge interest and help secure more electronics to be able to offer my products in more convenient "ready to rip" packages as people have definitely been asking for them.

I love the SX. I think I would like my ZX more if I had never tried the SX. It is totally great in so many ways.

I think I would probably only stock the ZX, if I were a retailer, because it has more unique features. But I personally like the SX so much more. Mine works faster, more efficiently, and the flavor is indistinguishable from the ZX. I did the blind taste test even. And flavor is the number one reason I choose to vape.

Anyway I know I am an outlier, but the SX kicks ass.

Appreciate you posting your feedback and experiences! Thanks so much for supporting the vision! I'm stoked you're still digging the SX! Thanks a lot for supporting that run as that was a pivotal moment in me deciding to follow through with officially starting this company.

Received the ZX a few days ago and agree with everyone's conclusions here. It's a great lil flavor machine! Perfect for the micro-doser like myself. Been trying through various glass, both big and small, and found THIS old simple rig providing great results. Liking a real fine grind for the zirc chamber, filling it about 1/2 full (or a bit more) for a single extraction. I'd be in for a bigger one that would possibly be easier to stir than the glass. Although it's real easy to dump, clean, and reload the current size :tup:

Thanks so much for rocking with us!!! So stoked you're enjoying the ZX so far! :rockon:

Personally I never stir anymore since going down from 18MM ball vapes to my 14MM lineup since I did the Z8 last November (crazy that was almost a year ago)

Nothing wrong with stirring your bowl, super common in the scene but I do feel the issue with stirring is once the material has been dried out it becomes extremely brittle and when agitated I feel this tends to clog the screens a lot faster. And ironically this actually leads to more uneven vaporization when the rim of the screen is clogged and air is only being pulled through the center.

I recommend cleaning the bowl or just changing out the screen frequently for an optimum vaping experience. When the bowl is still warm and heat saturated you can pretty much completely clean it with a quick cotton swab ram-rodded down the bore like a musket.

I'm still using my trusty BCG medium plate but I should really try ordering their fine plate, I know this is subjective but I've always preferred a very fine grind for true one hit snapper extraction as you are exposing maximum surface area of the botanical materials. There's some research on commercial cannabis extraction that peers into this concept. I just have not tried the fine plate as I haven't really bought anything for myself since I started this company. I used a Kannastor fine plate for most of the early InVerzion prototypes when I was developing this purpose built, coil powered, ruby ball vape concept.

A larger matching zirconia bowl about the size of our glass chambers could definitely happen. A decent number of people have expressed interest in that so that could materialize fairly quickly. It would probably be a little bit more expensive than the ultra low profile zirc chamber just considering the larger dimensions.

Thanks again everyone for following along, don't hesitate to reach out if I can help with anything. I'll be working on some stuff this weekend so I should be around for a quick reply. Going to work on some of the things mentioned in this post and bag up some more of these Viton handles for my preorder zirconia bowl buyers.

Thank you kindly friends,

💚 Your friendly neighborhood phase change experts

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Love and use my ZX most but I feel privileged to have a Z8. Would you make the Z8s with the new mfr, or does it need to be done by a more experienced shop, as before? It's such a fine vape it would be wonderful for more people to have a chance at one.

They would probably be made by my ZX manufacturer unless there was a lot of interest in making them in Japan again like the original Z8's.

The original idea was for the Z-Pro to replace the Z8, but I just don't think there's much of a market for that price class of vape so that (Z-Pro) project is on pause for now.

I’d be interested in either a SX or a Z8.

Appreciate your input as always friend! Hope you've been well.

Rainy day today so plenty of reasons to hit the ZX, cheers!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I've got just a couple of these blemished zirconia bowls in stock that didn't pass my QC. These function perfectly but feature a small aesthetic defect on an exterior surface. Photo is for reference, exact flaw might not be identical, but for reference the photo is probably the worst one, so these are very small flaws here. Good opportunity to grab a spare bowl or to pair with a ZX heater to save some coin!

Happy Sunday friends!

MonkeyTime

I've got just a couple of these blemished zirconia bowls in stock that didn't pass my QC. These function perfectly but feature a small aesthetic defect on an exterior surface. Photo is for reference, exact flaw might not be identical, but for reference the photo is probably the worst one, so these are very small flaws here. Good opportunity to grab a spare bowl or to pair with a ZX heater to save some coin!

Happy Sunday friends!
Had to jump on this! I was just thinking it would be nice to have a second bowl so I can soak one and use one!

I've been loving my ZX, need to get online and leave a proper review!

Coming from a Vapbong that almost demands larger amounts over time (or I have no will power 🤔) I was trying to love a Nano XL, but the routine felt like was much work as a portable. I did love the flavor, butt it was a little too much work. Along comes my ZX.... and it all fits.

Great work Ryan!

Now let's talk about those ZX XL's....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'd take a Zpro or z8, it's a fantastic vape, in my top few right now.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Had to jump on this! I was just thinking it would be nice to have a second bowl so I can soak one and use one!

I've been loving my ZX, need to get online and leave a proper review!

Coming from a Vapbong that almost demands larger amounts over time (or I have no will power 🤔) I was trying to love a Nano XL, but the routine felt like was much work as a portable. I did love the flavor, butt it was a little too much work. Along comes my ZX.... and it all fits.

Great work Ryan!

Now let's talk about those ZX XL's....

Thanks so much for rocking with us over here in Flavor Town! 😁

Awesome to hear you’re still thoroughly enjoying the ZX!!

Do you mean a larger bowl for the 14MM ZX, or a larger sized vape like an 18MM ZX (ZXL?)
I've considered doing both of those, I really want to make what people want, but I also don't want to be too superfluous and redundant with it either. I'm not totally sure why I feel so guilty about carrying on a concept I practically pioneered, but it is what it is. I just want people to feel like they are truly buying the best I have to offer and not just fluff to make a repeat sale.

Also thanks again to everyone who grabbed one of the blemished zirconia bowls last night, I have just one of those left.

I also have one blemished bowl and ZX housing set available. Just add electronics. Trying to clear out stuff laying around here as I'm losing my house and trying to lighten my load.

Happy Monday friends, please don't hesitate to reach out if I can help with anything.
Ryan

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So long as you're asking... I'd like the next size up coil diameter still with a 14mm exit for use w 14mm Zbowl. A little more thermal capacity, a little less restriction.
And a pony!

That would probably be more restricted, as adding more beads would induce more flow resistance, and with the outlet being the same diameter it would have the same choke point.

If you want more airflow that's in testing right now. :wave:

Sorry, I realize now just how many ways that could be taken! I was referring to the talks of a larger bowl for the ZX...

I'll draw it up and find out!

MonkeyTime

:razz:That would probably be more restricted, as adding more beads would induce more flow resistance, and with the outlet being the same diameter it would have the same choke point.

If you want more airflow that's in testing right now. :wave:

I'll draw it up and find out!
Wait, bigger what and more airflow? In testing? Why can't I order this :nod:

someTooL

It's funny I feel almost no restriction with my zx. I use 2 types of chinaglass adapters 14 to 18 and 14 to 14. I usually load about 0.1g but I could load the triple without the herb touching the heater.
Was hoping it wasn’t just me lol. Little to no restriction with my ZX. If I don’t use water in my piece it’s almost just like taking a normal breath…edited to add this a good thing :tup:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wouldn’t 3.5 mm balls in the ZX allow more airflow? Seemed to be the case for my Q ball but that also fits quite a bit more ..

That would increase the airflow but would reduce the heated surface area. Whereas my version actually has an increased heat transfer rate.

It’s basically like putting a turbocharger on the ZX. 🏎️🏎️🏎️

It's funny I feel almost no restriction with my zx. I use 2 types of chinaglass adapters 14 to 18 and 14 to 14. I usually load about 0.1g but I could load the triple without the herb touching the heater.

I designed the ZX to have a comfortable airflow close to natural while still allowing for just enough back pressure to satisfy a strong inhale if someone really feels like moving some air through the heater.

All while avoiding the miserable draw restriction that occurs when a ball vape uses hundreds of beads. That was the very first thing I tried, funny thing is it actually results in worse heat transfer.

The problem with the “more is better” philosophy is that “Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.”

I want my customers to genuinely benefit from the 3 years I spent reading heat transfer textbooks and PhD thesis’ every day for many hours a day, trying to truly build better vapes and understand what’s actually going on here on a fundamental level when we talk about vaporizing.

Was hoping it wasn’t just me lol. Little to no restriction with my ZX. If I don’t use water in my piece it’s almost just like taking a normal breath.

The biggest factor is going to be the glass piece you pair with the ZX.

Water adds drag, a lot of water adds a lot of drag. Physically larger rigs will also add more drag. Or anything with sudden contractions or expansions. Or anything that induces turbulence.

Close to a natural breath is really what I was going for. Having used these ruby ball vapes day in and out for nearly 4 years now and trying basically everything possible, I definitely find an open airflow paramount to reducing irritation. You don’t want so much drag that you end up pulling with your throat and putting tension and strain on your airway.

A lot of folks are still very new to ball vapes so I want these enthusiasts to benefit from me having already “been there, and done that” and offer solutions that will work better for them long term.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sorry, I realize now just how many ways that could be taken! I was referring to the talks of a larger bowl for the ZX...

How much larger would you be interested in seeing? About the same as the glass bowl, or larger than that?

ZX Bowl can hold up to 0.2G, maybe a little more.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: lazylathe
Top Bottom