Phase3 Vaporizers

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Drama Monkey GIF

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
OH MY GODZILLA! It’s next week already and still no ZBowl news, I cannot take this much anticipation anymore. Me wee heart cannae cope with the stress!

They just shipped from my manufacturer, should be here in 7-10 days, maybe a little quicker if they zip through customs! I can't wait to get them sent out to all you excellent people!

Also playing around with some newer designs again, so we'll see what else we can get going 🧐

Sultana lungs

They just shipped from my manufacturer, should be here in 7-10 days, maybe a little quicker if they zip through customs! I can't wait to get them sent out to all you excellent people!

Also playing around with some newer designs again, so we'll see what else we can get going 🧐
Seems like there’s a bit of pep back in your step good to see

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I thought I was nearing peak efficiency with ZX on SBL running @404 on DC PID. Just did a maiden run on a DFreeZ Z bowl, getting milky hits and chocolate ABV running in the 380’s on the DC PID! It’s a nice small bowl too, very akin to the original glass but the head gets closer to the material. Makes a good compliment as a small option opposite the SBL bowl for a larger load.

The Phase3 eco-system is good, all the options of a big head with the efficiency (energy conservation is a good thing, right?) of the 14mm original!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Almost all of the orders are shipping out today but I ran out of screens from giving everyone extras with the zirconia bowl, so there’s a few 50pc screen orders I can’t fulfill right now. Sorry about that, I ended up giving everyone extras and that cut me a little short. I also just ran out of shipping labels 😬 running to town to see if I can find some, if not I’ll have to order some.
My apologies for the growing pains, still working through the process of managing all this stuff. Thanks everyone for your patience and support!

Ryan

edit: geez, just ran out of small boxes too, haha my apologies for the less than perfect preparation!

MonkeyTime

Has he mentioned when the units might be back in stock? It also looked like there's a package with the new zirc or an I misunderstanding something? Can I just order the whole new setup?

Seems it's about time I try a ball vape and I can't think of a better project to support.

B!

Love the ZX. So much so that I ordered a second a few days ago for our basement HT, along with a 2nd coil/pid from Vgoodiez (since phase3 was oos on the kits). I got tired of moving the kit up and down floors, and happy to help inverted keep the doors open.

I don't know if other ballers are this convenient, but I can use the ZX in any female 14mm joint I've tried so far. It basically works as easy as a lighter/pipe in this way, just with a 3 minute warm-up. No need for re-heating in between. Normally use it through a waterpipe, but straight into a sherlock works great too! We use it at 500f all the time, but we could go less if we wanted. Wife's tiny lungs has an easier time at that temp :)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Has he mentioned when the units might be back in stock? It also looked like there's a package with the new zirc or an I misunderstanding something? Can I just order the whole new setup?

Seems it's about time I try a ball vape and I can't think of a better project to support.

I'm waiting on a ruby restock but I'm going to assemble all of the ZX's I can today with what I have and add them to the website. I wanted to get them before the housings and bowls but I had to wait and see what my customs fees were going to be before ordering any of this other stuff so that's what caused these small delays.

I should have enough rubies to put a few kits together. I also need to re-order more electronics as I'm about out of coils, I think I have two left.

I haven't put together any new bundles on the website yet but there's definitely going to be some with the zirconia bowl.

I'm excited to hear what you all think of the new BowlZ. Still early in testing but I feel like it's hitting even harder now :D the glass milks up extremely fast for such a small amount of material and pure convection evaporation. It's pretty impressive really, most vapes rely on heavy conduction to produce similar results.

Heads up: they do get a bit warmer than the glass bowls due to the ultra low profile design and slighter higher heat transfer over borosilicate. Hasn't been an issue for me as I just grab down low, but I might be able to do an insulated band or something for them if anybody thinks it's necessary.

Thanks so much for rocking with us and thank you for your patience as we work through these mountains and valleys lol.

Love the ZX. So much so that I ordered a second a few days ago for our basement HT, along with a 2nd coil/pid from Vgoodiez (since phase3 was oos on the kits). I got tired of moving the kit up and down floors, and happy to help inverted keep the doors open.

I don't know if other ballers are this convenient, but I can use the ZX in any female 14mm joint I've tried so far. It basically works as easy as a lighter/pipe in this way, just with a 3 minute warm-up. No need for re-heating in between. Normally use it through a waterpipe, but straight into a sherlock works great too! We use it at 500f all the time, but we could go less if we wanted. Wife's tiny lungs has an easier time at that temp :)

Man that is extremely cool, I had ideas about doing something like that years ago but never really tried it, that's a super sweet minimalist setup right there, I'm digging that for sure!! I bet the flavor and punch is just ridiculous!

Also thanks so much for your continued support!! Two ZX's is totally epic, thanks for rocking with us!!

Ernielicous

How about a matching zirconia j hook? Even include the mako cooling system somehow, ohh and take all my money while you're at it 😂

Trackrat

" Wife's tiny lungs. " I find that statement totally hilarious.

Really enjoying this thread and thermodynamics science. I purchased ZX with pre-installed coil because I wanted to ensure tightest fit with no movement or twist around center post along with the Phase 3 glass bowl and then also pre-ordered Zirconia bowl. Received my ZX about a month ago and appreciate the design, smaller form factor, inverted contributions to the community, and looking forward to receiving the Zirconia bowl! Hope for super tight seal with the ZX and the herb sitting closer to the heater then the current glass bowl.

Tested the ZX at various temperatures from 425F to 600F to dial it in. Tested back-to-back on two different strains, medium grind, same material quantity (One full Old Head scoop), light tamp, stirring every hit or two, same draw speed and duration of each hit. To ensure consistent starting temperatures the entire vape (housing, balls, and coil) were left on for 10 minutes after PID reaching setpoint to allow all components to completely heat soak at the start of each bowl. I’m not getting much vapor density sub-450F. The ABV is a light green-tan below 500F, 500-550F provide an even greenish-brown ABV and above 550F the ABV starts to get brown with slight roast flavors.

With my 20mm coil powered B2 diffuser ball vape, my sweet spot is to target 2 hit full extraction, with the Titanium bowl heat soaked prior to a fresh load at about 645F on the PID. This provides a super quick extraction that is dab like in intensity of flavor and vapor. While the first hit does roast the top of the bowl, no roast flavors are introduced to the pallet during the secondary weak clean up hit which leaves a fully extracted bowl and super dark brown ABV with no stirring required.

With the ZX I am still trying to dial in the high temperature 2 hit extraction. Raising the temperature to 575F+ does milk the glass but starts getting more roast on the top center of bowl and due to the depth of the 14mm glass bowl being deeper than wide, it requires stirring to evenly extract the bottom portion of the bowl which introduces the roasted flavors throughout the second and third hit that I am trying to avoid. Higher temps will give denser vapor and allow to ride the line closer to the edge but the compromise in flavor is not worth the quicker extraction to me personally. I think the two-hit dab like extraction can be done by bringing the load closer to the heater with reduce load depth. Once I receive the Phase3 Zirconia bowl, I can revisit this, as it sits 33% closer.

475F:​

475F brings out a crisp flavor that is lost at higher temperatures with a focus on the terpenes with discernable strain specific notes, 85% extraction leaving behind some desirables after 5 hits, ABV was mostly light-green with some hints of light brown. (450F is great at preserving the crisp flavor but takes way too long to finish a bowl and doesn’t fully extract all the desirables.)

I stepped up the PID to 550F to see if I can extract more vapor; I got another 2 hits from the same bowl with very faint generic herb taste, no roast, decent vapor, ABV was 45% light-green / 55% light-brown. Closer to 90% extracted after 7 hits.

475F temp ramp to 550F: (1) 475, (1)490, (1) 515F, (1) 540F, (1) 550F​

This is where the ZX really shines and brings out all the flavorful nuances with the 475F to 550F ramp throughout the 5 hits of the bowl, starting crisper and purer terpene focused to more fast-onset potent yet flavorful hits to the end, while achieving about 90% extraction producing a brown to light brown ABV.

525F:​

First two hits with a fresh bowl and heat soaked ZX at 525F creates thick dense vapor with a quick onset and got a nice consistent flavor profile from beginning to end of the bowl with remaining 3 hits giving diminishing vapor as the hits progressed. This is a great daily setup for a balance between flavor and quick extraction without fiddling with temp ramping. Closer to 90% extraction after 5 hits per bowl with a gold-light brown ABV.

My current daily setup is at 525F for the ZX but I do enjoy the 475F to 550F temp ramp from time to time. Cannot wait for the Zirconia bowl!

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Really enjoying this thread and thermodynamics science. I purchased ZX with pre-installed coil because I wanted to ensure tightest fit with no movement or twist around center post along with the Phase 3 glass bowl and then also pre-ordered Zirconia bowl. Received my ZX about a month ago and appreciate the design, smaller form factor, inverted contributions to the community, and looking forward to receiving the Zirconia bowl! Hope for super tight seal with the ZX and the herb sitting closer to the heater then the current glass bowl.

Tested the ZX at various temperatures from 425F to 600F to dial it in. Tested back-to-back on two different strains, medium grind, same material quantity (One full Old Head scoop), light tamp, stirring every hit or two, same draw speed and duration of each hit. To ensure consistent starting temperatures the entire vape (housing, balls, and coil) were left on for 10 minutes after PID reaching setpoint to allow all components to completely heat soak at the start of each bowl. I’m not getting much vapor density sub-450F. The ABV is a light green-tan below 500F, 500-550F provide an even greenish-brown ABV and above 550F the ABV starts to get brown with slight roast flavors.

With my 20mm coil powered B2 diffuser ball vape, my sweet spot is to target 2 hit full extraction, with the Titanium bowl heat soaked prior to a fresh load at about 645F on the PID. This provides a super quick extraction that is dab like in intensity of flavor and vapor. While the first hit does roast the top of the bowl, no roast flavors are introduced to the pallet during the secondary weak clean up hit which leaves a fully extracted bowl and super dark brown ABV with no stirring required.

With the ZX I am still trying to dial in the high temperature 2 hit extraction. Raising the temperature to 575F+ does milk the glass but starts getting more roast on the top center of bowl and due to the depth of the 14mm glass bowl being deeper than wide, it requires stirring to evenly extract the bottom portion of the bowl which introduces the roasted flavors throughout the second and third hit that I am trying to avoid. Higher temps will give denser vapor and allow to ride the line closer to the edge but the compromise in flavor is not worth the quicker extraction to me personally. I think the two-hit dab like extraction can be done by bringing the load closer to the heater with reduce load depth. Once I receive the Phase3 Zirconia bowl, I can revisit this, as it sits 33% closer.

475F brings out a crisp flavor that is lost at higher temperatures with a focus on the terpenes with discernable strain specific notes, 85% extraction leaving behind some desirables after 5 hits, ABV was mostly light-green with some hints of light brown. (450F is great at preserving the crisp flavor but takes way too long to finish a bowl and doesn’t fully extract all the desirables.)

I stepped up the PID to 550F to see if I can extract more vapor; I got another 2 hits from the same bowl with very faint generic herb taste, no roast, decent vapor, ABV was 45% light-green / 55% light-brown. Closer to 90% extracted after 7 hits.

This is where the ZX really shines and brings out all the flavorful nuances with the 475F to 550F ramp throughout the 5 hits of the bowl, starting crisper and purer terpene focused to more fast-onset potent yet flavorful hits to the end, while achieving about 90% extraction producing a brown to light brown ABV.

First two hits with a fresh bowl and heat soaked ZX at 525F creates thick dense vapor with a quick onset and got a nice consistent flavor profile from beginning to end of the bowl with remaining 3 hits giving diminishing vapor as the hits progressed. This is a great daily setup for a balance between flavor and quick extraction without fiddling with temp ramping. Closer to 90% extraction after 5 hits per bowl with a gold-light brown ABV.

My current daily setup is at 525F for the ZX but I do enjoy the 475F to 550F temp ramp from time to time. Cannot wait for the Zirconia bowl!
Great post. What controller? Your exp matches mine w/ an Auber; I adjust between 530-550 dep on strain.

coolbreeze

You're good, man....
7a9e4115-a730-4876-9693-4f105078d5b5_text.gif

DC PID?

Top Bottom