Pet Pictures

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
New Rabbit Cage I have to show off...

I think I'm our pet's equivalent to a disney "Imagineer" albeit on a $2 budget, researching their natural habitat and worrying about quality of life

when my wife bought a red-eared slider i got it a sixty gallon tank filled with water
when we got a cat in coyote country I netted in the backyard and put catwalks up on the walls inside

now it's a dwarf rabbit for our daughter, and you can see it's original cage on top of the one I built with sticks and waterproof panelling...it's the sun-room on top, where it can look out the window - sorry buddy can't do anything about the noise, but i gave you as much space as i could, it's 2' x 4' 5" with 18" high ceilings.

and this rabbit is sooo eff'in glad to not have to stand in her own pee all day now...lol

di-WFL7.gif

VWFringe,

frogbmth

Looks way cool, my folks breed rabbits and I look after them when they go out of town to shows and stuff. They are great!

Here are some of my frogs...

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

frogbmth,

weedemon

enthusiast
the frogs looks amazing. don't have any pets atm, just my vapes :p want to get a dog though.

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
nice to see some fellow animal lovers on the boards!

nice cage setup VW, i need a larger cage for my flying squirrel, hes getting a little cramped in his current home. also makes me miss my bunny :( had to give him away due to allergies

and those frogs are friggin' sweet, i only had a wee little frog when i was younger, and it died pretty quickly :/

this is my golden named cooper
39784_1548726035892_1167321735_1563805_7046019_n.jpg

he's super chill, getting pretty old and has bad arthritis so sometimes i'll blow a couple vapor clouds at him lol

this is plamka, a german shepherd/alaskan malamute mix
40647_1548726275898_1167321735_1563807_7789268_n.jpg

she's very camera shy, and a little stir crazy. i have a feeling her previous owners mistreated her.

and last but certainly not least, my flying squirrel skippy
205047_1962381657024_1167321735_2370712_686619_n.jpg

stroh,

lwien

While I love pics of all animals, the pics that really stand out here is the one with the blue frog as well as the one above with the squirrel. Great photography.

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Thanks for posting pictures and sharing stories. It really does provide a bright spot. I'm a dog person mostly (had a cat with FIP but it died unfortunately), so those are especially liked. I'm thinking of adding to the pack of 2 dogs (Cairn and Border Terrier/Lab/Shepard cross) after I move in 4 weeks. Currently considering Border Collies, Wheaten Terriers and Standard Poodles (I've had 2 previously and both lived to about 16 yrs).

Anyone out there have some nice Rottweilers?

Tom

tdavie,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
This is young Tweed at my old apartment in a slum. He's half australian and half german. We're now in a happy place right close to a fine park.

tweed6.jpg

tweed13.jpg

tweed18.jpg

Orestes,

Smokey

Cloud Master
These are my little furry friends, first one is Snowie, our maltese. He lives always with us at home.
Snowie.jpg

Hahahahahah soooooo dirty! xD
Snowie2.jpg

The second pet is Choco the cat, he lives on mountains near our second home.
Choco.jpg

Choco2.jpg

:D

Smokey,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
chow mix:
96s17.jpg

local dog we named "dog marley" (yes, hes got a natty tail):
n25712324_32293785_6678.jpg

great dane x giraffe (somnath, india):
n25712324_32293789_8103.jpg

water buffaloes (gir lion sanctuary, india):
n25712324_32293787_7400.jpg

baby turtle (my 1st & only true pet ever...was given away to friend with another turtle for companionship - i felt too sad seeing it confined to its tank for the rest of its life):
n25712324_32294217_3390.jpg

indigenous himalayan mountain dog (all the other ones had thicker coats...this was was the "best groomed" of this village, triyugi narayan...does anyone know the official name of this breed?):
n25712324_30656149_2237.jpg

took all these pics myself!

n25712324_32266283_2493.jpg

akwardsauce,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
akwardsauce, such beautiful eyes. Male or female?

Here's my little guy, Cosmo, last fall:

momofthegoons,

akwardsauce

every dog above is male, the camel & turtle are of unknown sex, the water buffaloes are opposite sex (i like to believe they were a family together).

mom, your dog looks friendly! i like the colors of the leaves in the background...almost that time of the year again!

akwardsauce,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
mom, your dog looks friendly!

Actually, not so much. :lol: Once he gets to know people and trusts them, he's a lovey. But, man, if he thinks you are a threat in any way (or if you are a squirrel, cat, possum, raccoon, skunk, etc.) he is one fierce little poofy dog. He even tried to bite the vet...

momofthegoons,
My sweetheart :
P9118435.jpg

Smartest,prettiest,toughest,cuddliest dog in the world she is. :)
Very rare Dutch breed known as a Zwart-Witte Rotterdamse Roteb-Terrier(which could be translated as a Black-White Rotterdam Mutt-Terrier). ;)

Edit :
Ps @Akwardsauce
Might be a Tibetan Mastiff?

Havelock Vetenari,

treecityrnd

Placebo, male calico = genotype XXY (Klinfelter's Syndrome). Only way for a male to be calico...
image338.png

Chani - named after Paul Atreides' wife of the Fremen people in the book Dune by Frank Herbert. She's my desert cat.
image336.png

treecityrnd,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
This is my Bearded Dragon, Chief! (named him Chief because I like to chief lol)

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

I also have a Green Anole named Sativa, and my House Gecko, Indica just passed away :( My wife has a Leopard Gecko named Bella.

CombustionJunction,

akwardsauce

@ havelock: i think you are right abt the tibetian mastiff...that one looked way different than the other mountain ones...they were much more shaggy, natty, and solid colors (mostly all black ones)...this one looked very interesting & somewhat acted like the "alpha". it sat down right in front of that little market shop every day & would chase other dogs away from there. it would also get the occasional biscuit/snack from a passerby (probably because it was the "cutest"). your dog is also awesome! ive never heard of that breed before. kind of looks like some pitbulls (maybe its just the way its rolling around).

@ treecitynrd: interesting about the xxy...i didnt know they called that same mutation "klienfelters" when it dealt with cats...i also love that face patch color on your desert cat.

@ sd_haze: i see your dog is mac saavy...did he upgrade to lion yet?

@ combustion junction: nice dragon! are the holes in the side of its head his "ears"?

so ive never owned a dog that was solely my responsibility. but when i finally can, my dream breed is called the "rhodesian ridgeback". i just love everything about it...i just wonder if i have the energy to keep up with that dog...they apparently train with marathon runners & can run long distances easily. their defining characteristic is the ridge of hair that grown in the opposite direction along their spine. the only other breed like this is called a "thai ridgeback". i think theyre more common in south africa cuz they were bred by the dutch hunters.
Rhodesian-Ridgeback1.jpg

tumblr_lloder2w4w1qznw41o1_500.jpg

Rhodesian-Ridgeback1.jpg

on the other hand, i also like the laid back attitudes of english bulldogs, too. like your most lazy stoner friend in dog form...i will definitely get a dog whenever i can take care of one...

akwardsauce,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
akwardsauce said:
@ combustion junction: nice dragon! are the holes in the side of its head his "ears"?
Yes, there's a thin membrane inside that picks up low frequency vibrations.

CombustionJunction,

colly

I used to have a Ridgeback, my first pet.

The pet I've had since I was 8, Tigger the Boxer!

dog.jpg

m6IdS.jpg

colly,
akwardsauce said:
your dog is also awesome! ive never heard of that breed before. kind of looks like some pitbulls (maybe its just the way its rolling around).
Thanks and yes she is,isn't she. :)
She a mixed breed of course,we call them 'vuilnisbak' in Dutch,which means 'garbagecan' in english and 'Roteb' is the name of our local garabagecollecting firm. :p
Don't feel bad please!
Even a lot of Dutch folk don't get it the first time. :lol:
I had a DNA-test done just for fun and it revealed she's 50% American Staffordshire Bullterrier(which was no surprise as mammie was one of those)and 50% (Jack)Russel terrier(which was,daddy was a Mutt-Terrier himself ;)).
Not that it makes a difference in anything,still love her to bits.
PC222280.JPG

PB211460.jpg

:D
akwardsauce said:
my dream breed is called the "rhodesian ridgeback". i just love everything about it...i just wonder if i have the energy to keep up with that dog...
If you're wondering...probably not! :p
I have 'some' experience with dogs in general including the ridgeback,they do need lots of excercise.
All dogs need regular,daily excercise of course,but these need a few hours if you want to keep them really happy and healthy.
They are beauties though!

@SD_haze
Smart dog indeed :lol:,looks like an Airedale Terrier?
Beauties too,i named my dog after the Airedale we had when i was a kid.

Havelock Vetenari,

SD_haze

@SD_haze
Smart dog indeed lol,looks like an Airedale Terrier?
Beauties too,i named my dog after the Airedale we had when i was a kid.

yeah I've had airedale terriers all my life (biggest terrier breed - lil factoid)

they're normally like 45 lbs but I have a giant whose dad was 100lbs and he's around 80-90.
he's an old guy now :myday:
223301_1578340638827_1844977946_1036591_5843412_n.jpg

SD_haze,
Top Bottom