Pebble - SS Herb Grinder

GratefulDread

Just came across this new stainless steel grinder from a company called Pebble; out of Toronto, Canada.

Features: (copied from website)
  • 100% food and medical grade stainless steel
  • Threadless, entirely magnetic easy opening and closing featuring rare earth neodymium magnets
  • 3-piece unique compact design, without sacrificing capability or capacity
  • 100% food and medical grade SmoothGlide ring for an effortless grinding action
  • Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
Approximate dimensions:
  • Diameter: 2" (50 mm)
  • Height: 1.4" (35 mm)
  • Weight: 1/2 lb (250 g)
Currently priced at 99$ USD
They're also working on a larger version
(Excuse my mouse pointer in the second image)

52892353737_c7dc40bbff_z.jpg
52893092134_5981fd2d1b_c.jpg

Last edited:

mcscruffy

I'm not as up on equipment after a long hiatus, is this kind of ripping on the OM post design or was that a thing before the OM grinders came into existence?

Edit: wow ok I was deciding between OM and BCG a couple weeks ago before going OM and honestly never noticed the center post in the collection area for BCG. Pebble looks almost identical to OM though for it which is what prompted the question.

Last edited:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Just came across this new stainless steel grinder from a company called Pebble; out of Toronto, Canada.

Features: (copied from website)
  • 100% food and medical grade stainless steel
  • Threadless, entirely magnetic easy opening and closing featuring rare earth neodymium magnets
  • 3-piece unique compact design, without sacrificing capability or capacity
  • 100% food and medical grade SmoothGlide ring for an effortless grinding action
  • Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
Approximate dimensions:
  • Diameter: 2" (50 mm)
  • Height: 1.4" (35 mm)
  • Weight: 1/2 lb (250 g)
Currently priced at 99$ USD
They're also working on a larger version
(Excuse my mouse pointer in the second image)

52892353737_c7dc40bbff_z.jpg
52893092134_5981fd2d1b_c.jpg
Too small dia and no grip texture at all; would not work well for old/tired hands and dense sticky product.

Radwin Bodnic

Having a magnet post in the middle of the grinding area is not needed and is a waste of grinding space.:2c:
I like how some manufacturers are now putting the catch area magnets on the side walls for a large open catch area.
Considering a cylindrical grinder, if you put the magnets on the side wall you'll need to align the magnets to close it. Having the magnet in the middle allows not to worry about aligning magnets. It is a design choice and IMHO I don't see one choice better than an other.

Too small dia and no grip texture at all; would not work well for old/tired hands and dense sticky product.
A 250g grinder is probably not for old/tired hands anyway. Make it bigger and it will be heavier. I personally find the 2" size a tad big for my use. But I have good hands.

Pebble

Accessory Maker
Hi everyone! We're Pebble - makers of the 100% stainless steel, threadless, and effortless grinder. We're based in Toronto, Canada, and are relatively new. We've went through a soft launch for the past few months and now we're ready to expand based on the good feedback we've received.

It's not just another grinder - we've put our hearts and souls into this one. We're just people who love and appreciate what this hobby has done for us and want to contribute developing and advancing it further. We want to elevate your experience.

As an introductory offer we offer free shipping anywhere in the US and Canada, and 10% off using code FC10. We ship within 1-2 days and we don't charge tax on US orders.

pebble_main_hero.jpg

A little about the Pebble...

The grinder is made of 100% food and medical grade stainless steel. This means the Pebble is significantly more durable than aluminum grinders, doesn't chip easily, and doesn't releases aluminum dust right into your ground flower. We have a lifetime warranty on the Pebble.

The grinder is completely threadless, relying instead on a unique design based on rare-earth magnets that allows the different pieces to snap open and close effortlessly. It's really easy and fast - no aligning, no twisting, and no screwing around with cross threading or even quarter-turns. It can be done using just one hand.

We've made countless prototypes to optimize the cutting action to design a grinder that requires very little effort to grind, so the grinder does most of the work and not your wrists. It will not slip, it will not jam, and is constantly self cleaning when used.

The grinder offers a grind size usually referred to as medium - perfect for vaping or rolling. The collection chamber (bottom piece) has a large rounded bottom to make loading easy - designed to fit common vape stems diameters for direct grinder-to-stem collection without an auxiliary separate tool (e.g. guitar pick).

We've decided against including a kief catcher, since most people do not need one. Instead we stuck to the proven 3 piece design. Kief is kept attached to the ground flower and you collect the kief together with the ground flower rather than filtering it out.

In terms of size, we focused on what most people want which is 2" diameter. While stainless steel is three times as heavy as aluminum, we managed to make our grinder relatively compact and not as bulky as other stainless steel options, coming in at 250 g or 8.8 oz. We're considering a larger version in the future but it will take a while.

We are happy to answer questions if you have any!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Why can't anyone make a grinder with older, arthritic hands in mind? How the fuck am I supposed to grip that thing‽

SLX has an perfectly sized 88mm grinder.... Only quality manual grinder I have found that I can use.
My guess is older folks were not historically a target demographic for this type of product developer, or much of anything in the cannabis related industry.

Now that seniors are one of the fastest growing groups, it makes sense they factor in that group's needs.

Have you looked into the large BCG (aluminum) or OMD (SS) for better grip?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Why can't anyone make a grinder with older, arthritic hands in mind? How the fuck am I supposed to grip that thing‽

SLX has an perfectly sized 88mm grinder.... Only quality manual grinder I have found that I can use.
Yeah. I can grip things fine but my first thought was exactly the same as yours. To me, the whole point of a premium grinder is quality of life upgrades.

I have not used a pebble but it seems like it was designed to check keyword boxes, rather than give the best grinding experience.

It's a good start with having a threadless design. But the size and shape seem not well considered.

Maybe as more info and videos are posted I will be proved wrong.

The link to the site is over in the original thread so I'll post it here too:

Pebble

Accessory Maker
I appreciate your feedback, and I hear your concern. We are currently working on a larger grinder but it might take a while.

The reality is that the majority of people prefer a 2" grinder which is why we focused on this size grinder. We have uploaded a video on the product page that shows how easy it is to operate.

Pinehurst

I appreciate your feedback, and I hear your concern. We are currently working on a larger grinder but it might take a while.

The reality is that the majority of people prefer a 2" grinder which is why we focused on this size grinder. We have uploaded a video on the product page that shows how easy it is to operate.
It does look as effortless to spin as my Lift but that doesn't matter if I can't grip the spinner. Again forced to use the sub par grind from the SLX 88mm.

I get that a large size might not be the money maker but patients need workable tool, not just cool ones....

A ring that fits around the spinner to make the diameter larger would be better than a bigger grinder. Im just asking someone to make a quality grinder that doesn't leave my hands aching from the tiny grip.

Im 40 btw, probably not considered elderly but definitely a considered common MMJ patient

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The reality is that the majority of people prefer a 2" grinder which is why we focused on this size grinder

I'm curious how you determined that reality? As in my experience, my perspective, seems that most people would actually prefer 2.5 inches minimum (often new companies start with a smaller size too because it is also cheaper to produce... then those sales can help fund production of a larger version as customers seem to demand it) so I think ultimately 2 inches is considered quite small

Finessseee

I’ll be following this one closely as it’s not only stainless, but threadless? Sounds rad. I’ve been looking for a solid 3 piece stainless grinder and am tempted to place an order!

Finessseee,
Reactions: Photonic

nicknobody

I think 2” is perfect.

I want a fresh grind every time so I grind more frequently. Don’t need a huge one personally. I use my 1.5” hr more than my 3” bcg 😂

Edit almost 3” large bcg (2.7”)

nicknobody,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think 2” is perfect.

I want a fresh grind every time so I grind more frequently. Don’t need a huge one personally. I use my 1.5” hr more than my 3” bcg 😂

I use the big one just because it is more ergonomic. But I have two regulars for traveling.

Edited to add: I pretty much hate my HR. It jams often and is basically a SS SCS.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think 2” is perfect.

For the record I often do as well, and I still think that's too small, to be comfortable, and would require too much reloading and re grinding even during one session potentially

Top Bottom