Pax3 versus TinyMight 2

Madtater

Hello everyone. I hope the holidays is finding everyone well. Not looking to start a huge thread here, just looking for a bit of advice.

I have recently (within the last 6 months or so) gotten into dry vaping. Before the military, i was always a combustion guy, stopped for 20 years, and have recently picked it up again for medical purposes. these days though, as i am much older now, i dont want the mess or the hassle of combustion. So i asked around to different shops in my area, and was told the Pax3 was “top of the line” and recommended. So i bought one, and have been using it successfully without issue.

So my uncle came over last night and talked about this forum. He also spoke about the TM2. We are both trying to justify the cost of grabbing one.

So my Question(s): for those of you who have tried either, am i missing something? Is there a big difference in taste between the two? I am finding that there isnt much of a difference in taste between strains in the pax3. I dont know if i am doing something wrong (doubtful), but i think my expectations for the pax3 than what i feel i am getting.

Please help me justify spending the $350 for a TM2.

Thank you for all the help.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'll throw you a curve. Take a look at this Roffu/Tinymight comparison.
George is very well known and respected.
Pax is a beautiful tool, I had a 1 and a 2. Pain to clean! Yes consistent vapor, but flavor is not it's strong suit.
My path to fucking combustion started with a Pax 8 yrs ago, and has moved through about a dozen vapes.
If you will vape often, treat yourself to a good time!
George actually calls the Roffu a Pax killer or some such thing...

Madtater

TM is the ultimate fix for Pax. More watts (70w vs ~40w~) Bigger heater, 18 holes for airflow, stronger battery, can extract a whole 0.1gr in a huge dense shot.
The TM/2 will make you happier.
Thats the goal i have in mind. I am not looking to get a ton of vapes, just one that i am happy with. Not looking to blow my mind, but i want an enjoyable experience. I would classify the pax3 as a mediocre experience, but i have little to compare it to. I guess i just feel as though i am missing the taste aspect from the pax3

Pax is a beautiful tool, I had a 1 and a 2. Pain to clean! Yes consistent vapor, but flavor is not it's strong suit.
My path to fucking combustion started with a Pax 8 yrs ago, and has moved through about in a dozen vapes.
Thank you for the video. At work rught now, but i added it to my list and will watch it when i get home this evening.

Something else to think about….thank you.

Madtater,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Thats the goal i have in mind. I am not looking to get a ton of vapes, just one that i am happy with. Not looking to blow my mind, but i want an enjoyable experience. I would classify the pax3 as a mediocre experience, but i have little to compare it to. I guess i just feel as though i am missing the taste aspect from the pax3
the TM2 will be the last vape you will need, until you read too much in the forum etc' and maybe VAS comes on.... :lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thank you for the video. At work rught now, but i added it to my list and will watch it when i get home this evening.

Something else to think about….thank you.

Yeah see above, it's good to have backups and things to mix up the experience, the TM would make you never want to use a pax likely or any session conduction vape, unless it turns out that is what you like, you have to try to know for sure, you could resell the TM if it is not for you... It is going to be completely different on demand pure convection with the full power and full temp range, swappable batteries and glass stem-based chamber and pathway, so yeah especially milking low settings with plain glass path the flavor is incredible and the vapor is much denser, Pax is very old tech and was never actually top of the line (those people just don't know what they're talking about) it is pretty and functional is all

Madtater

Yeah see above, it's good to have backups and things to mix up the experience, the TM would make you never want to use a pax likely or any session conduction vape, unless it turns out that is what you like, you have to try to know for sure, you could resell the TM if it is not for you... It is going to be completely different on demand pure convection with the full power and full temp range, swappable batteries and glass stem-based chamber and pathway, so yeah especially milking low settings with plain glass path the flavor is incredible and the vapor is much denser, Pax is very old tech and was never actually top of the line (those people just don't know what they're talking about) it is pretty and functional is all
Thank you for your insight.

I am definitely feeling the vibe of things, with the replies here and the PMs i have been getting, that is what the consensus is.

Appreciate your feedback.

I think i may just get one to shut myself up😂. It seems i was steered in the wrong direction. Well, not wrong, just not right.

Shit Snacks

think i may just get one to shut myself up😂. It seems i was steered in the wrong direction. Well, not wrong, just not right

Yeah don't worry though, you're not alone, most of us start with a simple vape like that, just a shame you had to pay a lot of money for it haha but it got you here at least! Lot of great info if you skim through the Ask FC previous posts too, and threads like the TM thread, best to start at the end and just skim backwards, they get so big when they're really popular (Pax thread is mostly pretty quiet here lol it had its day though)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think a lot of folks love the pax. A conduction experience is just the thing for a lot of people. It can really add a nice dimension to the vapor.

That being said, I adore my TM. I like the different experience from all my devices, but I use my TM more than any other portable. It is extremely versatile. High and low temps are great. Direct draw stem hits are great. Hitting it on glass is fantastic.

If all my vapes were destroyed today, the first one I would replace is the Tinymight.

ElMetrico

If you have a sensitive throat, tinymight can be more irritating. In this case I would consider buying a better cooling stem for the tinymight if you like fewer but larger and more potent hits. If you like longer sessions consisting of smaller, easier hits i would go with the pax.

trance89

I had PAX3 for a few weeks but my opinion is it's just an overpriced shit which has only good marketing.
My TM2 arrived last week and i absolutely fell in love, it's completely another dimension. Forget the pax, just add a few money and buy the TM2, you will not regret.
I was a longtime Arizer user, i had 1st gen Solo then Air, last year i got a Solo II + Air 2 but now i need to sell them all after my TM2 experience :)
I dont think that TM2 is more irritating my throat than my Arizers or PAX3, quite the opposite, i find its vapour very smooth, flavourful.

Last edited:

Sonics420

I had the 1st gen Pax, it was alright but the air restriction was a deal breaker.

Sonics420,

Madtater

My path to fucking combustion started with a Pax 8 yrs ago, and has moved through about a dozen vapes.
Finally got to watch the video.

Thank you for giving me another option. The roffu looks pretty nice. They seemed to like it in the video, but still migrated towards the TM2 in respect of hit volume and cooling ability. They also said the roffu gets hotter (almost like my pax3 i would assume.

I think i am still leaning towards the TM2, HOWEVER, as was said “the more you read on FC, the more you will try”, i MAY grab a roffu first just to see. That is only if i can beat my wife into submission 😂

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Finally got to watch the video.

Thank you for giving me another option. The roffu looks pretty nice. They seemed to like it in the video, but still migrated towards the TM2 in respect of hit volume and cooling ability. They also said the roffu gets hotter (almost like my pax3 i would assume.

I think i am still leaning towards the TM2, HOWEVER, as was said “the more you read on FC, the more you will try”, i MAY grab a roffu first just to see. That is only if i can beat my wife into submission 😂
I've been liking the Roffu, especially after getting it BF sale for $99, compared to $300+ for the TM.
The TM by almost all reports is at the top of its class. If you are inclined, do it. Either you or your uncle should get one that you can both try!
Probably the only reason I don't have one is that I've been too busy buying other pricey vapes this year. :shrug:

vapviking,
Reactions: Grass Yes

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I've watched this video before and found it intriguing too. However, George also has a video where he puts the TM2 up against the Old Head Freight Train and claims the TM2 keeps up with the FT, which is a desktop ball vape. So if the Roffu keeps up with the TM2, then the Roffu can also keep up with the FT?
I'm taking his comparisons with a grain of salt. Not to discredit the Roffu. It sounds like a solid vape for its niche.

Last edited:

3dayphunk

These days now that the Pax Plus is out, I think the Pax 3 is a relative bargain and performs well. Some people think of them as the apple of vape products and dislike them because of that...which I understand because apple rubs me the wrong way too. But I had a Pax 2, and then a 3, and now a Plus. (also their Era for oil extracts) and found them all well made and to work well and are VERY discreet and portable. BUT I have not tried a Tiny Might. I will have to try to at some point but it is more pricey for sure. I got the brand new Pax Plus for $200 shipped on black friday and it looks like the TM2 is around $350.

Last edited:
3dayphunk,

GoldenBud

but if the pax plus is 50w heater and has 6 air holes for airflow (just an example) and tm2 has 18 air holes and 75w ... so the 150$ is negligible if you use it daily for years...

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

These days now that the Pax Plus is out, I think the Pax 3 is a relative bargain and performs well. Some people think of them as the apple of vape products and dislike them because of that...which I understand because apple rubs me the wrong way too. But I had a Pax 2, and then a 3, and now a Plus. (also their Era for oil extracts) and found them all well made and to work well and are VERY discreet and portable. BUT I have not tried a Tiny Might. I will have to try to at some point but it is more pricey for sure. I got the brand new Pax Plus for $200 shipped on black friday and it looks like the TM2 is around $350.

The TM2 can be had for $315 ordering from the right place... TM1 is less and still much better than any new Pax imo... Pax Plus is now available for more like 180 from somewhere, better pricing, should be the standard, because the tech is still so basic, load the bud tight and set it to one of the preset temps, then it just creates the vapor for you with session conduction until it turns off, you are free to puff on it or let it run out... There's just not enough power to finish a bowl quickly and the flavor fades when there's still so much actives left, slow to heat up and smelly as well, I'm tempted for the industrial design to grab one, I just know I'll never use it so what's the point lol I'd rather an oil pen than that (or an Era honestly I did not care for mine much compared to various pen batteries with regular cartridges and a button) Anyway the TM is more like that, herbal dab pen, powerful pure convection on demand hits with pure path... Commands higher price for materials, power, versatility, and vapor quality... Pax for $100? Sure

3dayphunk

I hear you guys and generally agree with yous. Can't argue with any of it and I want to try a TM sooner than later...and will after your posts, thanks! But I will say, for a fella who's priority is discreet, portable, simple/basic, and less expensive, it checks those boxes. Pax 3 direct price is $160 currently. If one is willing to buy used, they're like $75 now.

Shit Snacks

I hear you guys and generally agree with yous. Can't argue with any of it and I want to try a TM sooner than later...and will after your posts, thanks! But I will say, for a fella who's priority is discreet, portable, simple/basic, and less expensive, it checks those boxes.

Yeah they're just others that check the boxes better potentially, better value, perhaps more discreet and effective, even cheaper too...

Pax 3 direct price is $160 currently. If one is willing to buy used, they're like $75 now.

I believe the Pax Plus can be had at that price now on sale or close to it like 180 but I would sooner grab Arizer Air Max or even DaVinci IQ2 personally for that style of vape... Next up would be Roffu and V3pro, or HealthyRips Fury Edge and Rogue over Pax

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I hear you guys and generally agree with yous. Can't argue with any of it and I want to try a TM sooner than later...and will after your posts, thanks! But I will say, for a fella who's priority is discreet, portable, simple/basic, and less expensive, it checks those boxes. Pax 3 direct price is $160 currently. If one is willing to buy used, they're like $75 now.
I can't remember, did you already consider the Xmax v3 pro, Roffu and ALP? All of those, except maybe the ALP, meet all of your criteria and taste better to boot. Any of you like you pax, I say keep it. I just found it was a very run of the mill conduction session device. Hell the POTV One seems like a much better value.

Grass Yes,

3dayphunk

I believe the Pax Plus can be had at that price now on sale or close to it like 180 but I would sooner grab Arizer Air Max or even DaVinci IQ2 personally for that style of vape... Next up would be Roffu and V3pro, or HealthyRips Fury Edge and Rogue over Pax

Is it really available for $180 somewhere right now? That would sorta suck for me if so since $200 seemed like the best bargain I could find. I didn't like the Arizer I had but I am intrigued about the HealthyRips options for sure.

I can't remember, did you already consider the Xmax v3 pro, Roffu and ALP? All of those, except maybe the ALP, meet all of your criteria and taste better to boot. Any of you like you pax, I say keep it. I just found it was a very run of the mill conduction session device. Hell the POTV One seems like a much better value.

I was looking at the Roffu some.

3dayphunk,

Shit Snacks

Is it really available for $180 somewhere right now? That would sorta suck for me if so since $200 seemed like the best bargain I could find.

Check the thread, someone shared a link to ElementVape I think on sale

I didn't like the Arizer I had

Yeah they are kind of like glass stem conduction which I like better for the purity but still a bit too weak and not ideal for me but I haven't tried the newer models latest versions...

Originally I had the indica vaporizer instead of Pax and I did like it a lot but I just don't think I enjoy session, especially session conduction, much anymore these days.

but I am intrigued about the HealthyRips options for sure.

Yeah they are great because they are more hybrid convection conduction so they hit a bit harder and more efficiently

I was looking at the Roffu some.

Yeah I prefer the V3P but there are a lot of people who prefer the Roffu and it is definitely sleeker smaller

3dayphunk

Check the thread, someone shared a link to ElementVape I think on sale

Dude, you're totally right, actually it was $165.99 (+ tax)! That's a great deal I wish I got. Timing is everything I suppose. Also not sure why I didn't get a notification as I'm a watcher of the thread...weird.

Top Bottom