Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the absolutely perfect cleaners to clean the vapor tube area to avoid the temp light issue. These dental picks have the bristles like the others but the other end and the body of the stick itself is like a thin, roughened pipe cleaner, and it's shaped pretty flat, so it fits perfectly. You can see in the second pic the post-cleaning end on the bottom pick compared to a new one on top. I don't know if these are new or what, but I found them in Wal Mart in the teeth cleaning aisle.

RgiY3hn.jpg

PaxQc

I use the exact same! working great but i gotta be gentle so the little brush dsnt break

Good one, Dude.
I use a similar product.
Photoon2012-09-23at13212_zpsb6a470c1.jpg

Ive used these for my first "spring removal"

97888746.jpg

And the spring was pretty dirty!

46118866.jpg

so i wont use pipe cleaner for this part of the cleaning

65780960.jpg
(a put a small rubber band for extra grip)

Soo i clean it once a week
okay maybe once two in two week but i try to do it often otherwise the air path gets block
I was like "why theres not vapor coming up
and the air path was shut close

anyways the owl cleaning the spring thing helped alot with the temps issue (wich sometimes its anoying but eh its alot stealthier thena the Solo so ;)

Peace!

PaxQc,

Stroked97GT

I was just charging my pax, and it was kind of crooked on the charger, so I was rocking it back and forth and the light was flickering. I pushed down firmly on the pax and the light started blinking green !!!!! ....I quickly removed it and placed it back on the charger and everything was fine. I think maybe your contacts on the charger might be screwed up. Try wiggling the pax around on the charger, or check the contacts to see if they are straight. you might have to bend them a little with needle nose pliers. good luck....

I checked them out, they seem good... considering the fact that its brand spankin new lol. I fiddled with them with my fingers but to no avail. Wiggled, took it off, put it back on, ect. I've had a pretty unlucky day with this thing lol. I finally got it to do something while off the charger, took it off and it kept blinking green for about 30 minuets, so I figured I'd let it die while doing that, took a nap and woke up and no more light. Placed it on the charger and it started up again, lol. So, my situation looks pretty hopeless. I was pretty excited about having a nice vape sesh before Easter dinner too.. :\

Stroked97GT,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
on another note, anyone find a good option for vaping super full melts besides sandwiched in herb? such as a cut piece of ceramic or some safe wire mesh like the volcano pad?

I ordered a volcano pad from amazon, one more thing, is there any good fitting rubber covers for smell proof? I searched and nothing came up, I remember someone said a screw or bolt cover from home depot or some such thing. Thanks!

kushcabbage,

Vitolo

Vaporist
dont cover the oven door with any rubber caps/cover.
The air intake is around that door.

Vitolo,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
dont cover the oven door with any rubber caps/cover.
The air intake is around that door.
I think he means for transporting, not blazing with the cap on. Theres plastic tubes with rubber caps that work, (mine were for paintball barrels) I wouldnt mind making a little leather end cap for keeping the lid on, I dropped it the other night for the first time and the fucking thing like exploded (the mouthpiece shot out, lid came off, all the bud came out, as well as the screen.):o I have a feeling that'll be somthing they find a solution for in their next model.

Anders Nelson

I have even had the oven open up in my pocket.. which kinda sucks because u have steaming weed all over pocket. Although it was when I was skateboarding, I still think it would be cool if they had maybe a lock mechanism for it or something

Anders Nelson,

Beaunaire

Looking at Pakalolo's photo documentary on spring removal with a MFLB cleaning brush. Can anybody think of a similar tubular item that would fit and achieve the same thing? Poking around with a paper clip seems like it might present some potential for damage. Ordering the brush from Vapeworld would probably invoke higher shipping costs than the actual brush.

Beaunaire,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Looking at Pakalolo's photo documentary on spring removal with a MFLB cleaning brush. Can anybody think of a similar tubular item that would fit and achieve the same thing? Poking around with a paper clip seems like it might present some potential for damage. Ordering the brush from Vapeworld would probably invoke higher shipping costs than the actual brush.
I pop mine out with a dental pick.

welderboy,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

FWIW, Pak is using the old style MFLB brush thats hollow.

I have taken my spring out a few times to clean.

It never was this dirty.

46118866.jpg

It was always just tacky.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I took mine out by accident and thought I fucked myself :lol: I did so by spinning a pipe cleaner in the space next to it, eventually it got caught on the spring as I pulled it up.

Mr.Krinkle,

Beaunaire

I took mine out by accident and thought I fucked myself :lol: I did so by spinning a pipe cleaner in the space next to it, eventually it got caught on the spring as I pulled it up.
Yeah, I usually poke a pipe cleaner in there when cleaning but not to the extent of removing the spring. I guess it's just a matter of poking around with a toothpick or something until I catch it. Just scared of screwing it up and being without a vape. And yes, I checked out Vapeword's MFLB brush and it looked solid so that's out.

Beaunaire,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Yeah, I usually poke a pipe cleaner in there when cleaning but not to the extent of removing the spring. I guess it's just a matter of poking around with a toothpick or something until I catch it. Just scared of screwing it up and being without a vape. And yes, I checked out Vapeword's MFLB brush and it looked solid so that's out.

That's how i removed mine. When i was cleaning with a pipe cleaner one day. I noticed that the pipe cleaner pulled the first rung of the spring passed the latch. After that i used a wooden toothpick to carefully unscrew it out counter clockwise. Just be careful not to pull and stretch the spring.

Then to get it back in is a little tricky. The hard part is getting the first rung of the spring started passed the latch. Once you do that it screws back easily going clockwise.

Ploom doesn't recommend doing this. It will void your warranty if you mess it up. :2c:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Belgianvapor

Is it just me or is it possible that lately I have more "debris" in my mouth after a session, it seems that this started at about the same time as when my oven screen started acting up and didn't want to stay put as easy as before.
Could it be that the rims of the screen are getting worn wich leads to slightly bigger gaps trough wich debris can travel?

Belgianvapor,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Is it just me or is it possible that lately I have more "debris" in my mouth after a session, it seems that this started at about the same time as when my oven screen started acting up and didn't want to stay put as easy as before.
Could it be that the rims of the screen are getting worn wich leads to slightly bigger gaps trough wich debris can travel?

When the screen starts popping out. I just put in a new one.

I think the cost is worth it. Having a screen that stays put is less stress on me.

I'm not 100% sure but i think i put a new screen in every 2 month. So for me, since i clean mine once a week. I replace one every 8 cleanings. My Pax is my daily driver so that's around 4-6 sessions a day.

It could be the screen causing the debris. Or you are just pulling to hard.

Belgianvapor

problem is, I'm from Belgium, so it was an ordeal to get it here in the first place (not to mention the fact that my pax probably costed about double if you also count shipping and tax etc, so it's not easy to order replacement screens for me, can't do it on the ploom website or any other vape shop because they don't ship to europ (at least not the unit itself so i figured they walk the same line when it comes to the accesories)

Belgianvapor,

Anders Nelson

I have a minor problem with cleaning my pax guys. I bought a thing of 91% iso alcohol, some q tips, and those GUM sticks. I first soaked the mouthpiece + screen in it, then brushed the oven piece with a clean tooth brush + iso, and attempted to wipe off the oven with the iso-soaked-q-tip. The oven piece and mouthpiece turned out sparkly clean, but the oven and screen seemed unphased by the alcohol. Was it the time I soaked them for? (about 10 mins) or could it be that I chief like hell on the red heat setting, therefor permanently engraved in my last screen (:()? And btw i tested it out after and it tastes like straight iso, and stopped right away. help plzzzz

Anders Nelson,

MolecularConcept

Steel wool or a magic eraser soaked in whatever will get those surfaces clean . Strawberry red bull is the shiz

MolecularConcept,

spaceshipbob

problem is, I'm from Belgium, so it was an ordeal to get it here in the first place (not to mention the fact that my pax probably costed about double if you also count shipping and tax etc, so it's not easy to order replacement screens for me, can't do it on the ploom website or any other vape shop because they don't ship to europ (at least not the unit itself so i figured they walk the same line when it comes to the accesories)

I bought a spare mouthpiece and screen door from (I think) vapeworld and I'm waiting for screens to come back in stock and they shipped to the uk no problem.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I have a minor problem with cleaning my pax guys. I bought a thing of 91% iso alcohol, some q tips, and those GUM sticks. I first soaked the mouthpiece + screen in it, then brushed the oven piece with a clean tooth brush + iso, and attempted to wipe off the oven with the iso-soaked-q-tip. The oven piece and mouthpiece turned out sparkly clean, but the oven and screen seemed unphased by the alcohol. Was it the time I soaked them for? (about 10 mins) or could it be that I chief like hell on the red heat setting, therefor permanently engraved in my last screen (:()? And btw i tested it out after and it tastes like straight iso, and stopped right away. help plzzzz
water works better in my experience, let it heat up with a dab of water off to the side of the oven with no hole, use a qtip or somthing to work it around. I dont usually leave it on, just let it get got enough to see the steam. I clean the screen the same way to start, leave it in the oven and get a little water on a qtip and work it around in there as it heats. The results are pritty quick. Dont use cheap qtips, I like the ones with the cardboard style stick like the ones on lolipops, had regular name brand qtips that had plastic stick so I had to buy another brand. (plastic tips will melt doing this) You can get wooden hoby qtips those are ideal. You can heat up the oven with a dab of water and use a toothpick to scrape the gunk off first too, adding a little steam power to the mix makes it easier to get the gunk off. Sometimes I have to do a few cycles of scraping and dabbing with qtips, but when I am done it looks brand new.( And I mean brand fucking new.) ISO evaporates too low a temp to work for this.

Mr.Krinkle,

coolieman

I've been following this forum since i received my pax back in February and just wanted to share one observation that may help others reduce cleaning frequency and mouthpiece sticking.

I notice that if i put my pax to charge right after using it the mouthpiece would get gummed up very quickly, usually requiring a cleaning within a week, sometimes less. If i let it cool right side up before putting it in the charger i can go about 2 weeks between cleanings with daily use.

I suspect that when upside-down some of the resin(if that's the proper term) may trickle down the tube and settle close to the mouthpiece when its hot. If it's right side up that resin will settle closer to the oven where it wont cause mechanical issues. I do notice that around the hole in the oven i see a buildup of resin when i do this but that's way easier to clean and does not affect the mechanics of the mouthpiece.

coolieman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom