Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drastic

Vape4Life
Someone said earlier in the the thread that it made a difference which way the pax was facing in the charger so maybe try putting it the other way.

The contacts on the inside of the pax are the same piece of metal warped around, doesn't matter its position on the charger.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Im notorious for hating the solo after once loving it. I still pop in every now and then to see if they make changes or to check out things like that REALLY cool user made battery upgrade. I don't tend to say much in threads of vapes I don't like, but I still read. And on the polar opposite side I haven't posted in the Underdog thread in months. I rarely ever say a word in the cloud thread. Those are 2 of the best vapes I've ever owned, there just isn't much to say because everything is still working the same with no changes made/needed IMO.

If anything I tend to be more vocal about things I don't like, either to hopefully save people a few bucks if they are similar to me, or to try to brainstorm ways to improve whatever product it may be. I may not get as many likes on the forums, but IMO its a much more productive method than posting "this thing kicks ass" every single day on the cloud thread. Believe me I LOOOOOOVE my cloud, but what else is there to post about until I get some new glass or something.

I am the same way as you and would love to hear your negs on the solo so please head over to that thread so we can "brainstorm" which is what intelligent people do.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The contacts on the inside of the pax are the same piece of metal warped around, doesn't matter its position on the charger.

Nervertheless Dreamerr is right. Early in the thread some people reported that their Pax wouldn't charge one way but would when it was reversed.

BittenBagel

I had a problem with keeping my Pax in the charger overnight. I think once the battery is full the unit stops charging, but the light stays on which should be draining the battery. I took my Pax off the charger after a full night and it was flashing yellow when I shook it. I had to put it back on the charger and let it charge fully again. Now I take mine off the charger as soon as it's done charging.
On the website and the person I talked to on Ploom said it is best to leave your Pax on for a extra 30 min after it turns green. Hit Ploom up and see if your device has a bad battery if you want, you may even get a new Pax!

BittenBagel,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

jambandphan03

in flavor country
There is definitely a connection to having a clean screen in the pax and good performance. I have been letting my screen get dirty, discolored, and it has a layer of residue built up on it. I noticed vapor was not quite as thick as it was in the beginning, and thought maybe it was my herb. I got the 10pk of replacement screens in the mail today, so I popped one in, and finished the load that was already half toasted. I noticed a difference in the thickness of the vapor right away.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
There is definitely a connection to having a clean screen in the pax and good performance. I have been letting my screen get dirty, discolored, and it has a layer of residue built up on it. I noticed vapor was not quite as thick as it was in the beginning, and thought maybe it was my herb. I got the 10pk of replacement screens in the mail today, so I popped one in, and finished the load that was already half toasted. I noticed a difference in the thickness of the vapor right away.

Where did you get a 10 pack from? That would be awesome! :-)

newVaper420,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Who has a 10 pack for sale? I just saw the 3 pack from Ploom...

Bluntcrush,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Jams that's a very interesting observation. I have new screens also. I think I'll try. Thank you.

Side question, with the Pax, does it use a blinking light to indicate a low battery?

willieR,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Jams that's a very interesting observation. I have new screens also. I think I'll try. Thank you.

Side question, with the Pax, does it use a blinking light to indicate a low battery?

Not exactly. You shake it and the LED flashes green, yellow, or red depending on battery state. I don't know what the related percentages are and they wouldn't mean a lot anyway. All you need to know is charge it when you hit red. I don't know how long it will last after it reaches red but I know I've hit it several times after I discovered it was red and it never completely died.

elevation

I'm very relieved knowing the screens can be replaced. I was a little worried about this.
3 screens for 10 dollars is quite reasonable in my opinion. So screens can be easily taken out to be cleaned too?

The mouthpiece replacement is a little steep though. 20 dollars? Maybe i am missing something but the mouthpiece doesnt look all that expensive to produce.

BittenBagel

On that note I am going to pick my self up some screens.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"Glad you are having better luck Tstat! Did you ever get that screen replaced? Looks like VW just started shipping back ordered screens."

Nope, I still am using some stainless screens I had. I think they work great, but I guess I should buy some real ones. I finally ordered some ELBs after nearly a year of use with one screen, hehe.

MCfunkyJ

(*_*)__~
Please toss out experiences w/ Bubbles, Wax, Oils and methods whether your topping it, doing it str8 or maybe putting it some weird canister thing like the DV mystery vape machine.

I been holding off for the best portable vape that can do greenz n hiZzy.

MCfunkyJ,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well guys, I have to say, I have been without my Cloud for a while now (it's getting fixed, long story). That's off-topic. Anyhow, what's on-topic has been my experience with the Pax which I have been using far more frequently. I can't believe how much of a beast this device is. I find it delivers crazier hits than my EQ (although I don't do elbow packs). I have been going between Medium and High, but it's been delivering sick clouds.

So anyway, I just want to say, for the cleaning shit you have to do with this unit, it's worth it. And honestly, I cleaned it once good yesterday and I haven't touched it since and it's been fine. I'll probably have to clean it again either later today or tomorrow. But it's actually not a problem whatsoever.

Pax is truly a great device.

willieR

Been here since 2009
I cleaned mine today, just because I wanted to. It's such a sweet looking device that I don't like to see gunk on it. I even took steel wool to the original screen.

The only area that I clean regularly, however, is the spring area and (original) mouthpiece. I would say my attention to that spring area since I bought the Pax is the reason I haven't had a single issue with it yet.

BittenBagel

Any good ways to clean around the sping area? Is there a way you'd be able to push down and lock the mouth piece spring to get a deeper clean?

BittenBagel,

ipax

Just got my pax (my first vape!) I was holding off on getting making an account till I got it (really, nobody took the username "ipax?")
First impressions: this thing us fucking huge! in the videos and pics it looks half the size it does in real life. Also its a little (not a lot) cheaper feeling than I was expecting.

Those two things are making me think I should've gone with the solo... hoping this works out though... its charging right now. So excited.

P.s. hi!

ipax,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Just got my pax (my first vape!) I was holding off on getting making an account till I got it (really, nobody took the username "ipax?")
First impressions: this thing us fucking huge! in the videos and pics it looks half the size it does in real life. Also its a little (not a lot) cheaper feeling than I was expecting.

Those two things are making me think I should've gone with the solo... hoping this works out though... its charging right now. So excited.

P.s. hi!

First welcome to the forum. It is a great place to learn.
I hope you enjoy your purchase but if you decide to switch to the solo will you change your name to I-SOLO?:D

If you have been reading these forums you know you will end up with a lot of vaporizers.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, if you think the Pax is huge, then the solo would seem gigantic... so far, out of all the portables I have and tried, the pax is the smallest unit out there that does flowers. Hope you enjoy it! I love my pax!

ipax

First welcome to the forum. It is a great place to learn.
I hope you enjoy your purchase but if you decide to switch to the solo will you change your name to I-SOLO?:D

If you have been reading these forums you know you will end up with a lot of vaporizers.
Haha, I guess I'd have to change the name. But I've still yet to try the pax.. so we'll see.
I'd actually probably go for the inh 004, it looks like a light saber.

Thanks for the welcome!

Also, this video freaked me out: http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch?v=Tli578MAC6Q&feature=related

So does anybody know where to find a polycarbonate diamond grinder besides their website? I don't really trust it, doesn't seem like a lot of people use that site.

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I like my three piece metal grinder.

In other news, I just cleaned the Pax, after a week of use (Nothing too crazy, I am trying to not vape through everything that I have..) and boy does she feel amazing.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the Pax has serial numbers? the last three of mine are 777, which makes the only name I can name my pax is Lucky. *Random vapehead fact/quote from last night.

evildos

Hello everyone !

Just a small update for my screwed powered adapter story. I found a good one in castorama for 25€. I though I could share this for the eventual future french customers.

The device works just fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom