Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett

See, this is what I was telling him, but he kept trying to say that there were so many issues and to get the vaporblunt (enjoyed one of these, but it is too big for me to be portable) and then the Iolite (haven't used one, but had friends who did, and no one likes the butane aspect of it). All of this being said, I guess I can ask my other questions now.

I want to get one, but the Mouthpiece issue is a new thing to me, haven't heard much about it.
-I just want to know how long it takes to diagnose if you have a defective Pax, and what you can do about it, I know that you can send in for a new mouthpiece, but I also know that takes a while.​
Also, I know this might be a crazy question..
-Is the Pax TSA proof?​
I have heard that people wrap headphones around it, and everyone thinks that it is an MP3 player, but what is the practical way to travel with it?​
And finally
-I am looking for a portable vaporizer, but I am looking for something that later on, I don't want to get rid of it and something new and better has come out.​
-Is the Pax that device? The guy at the head shop talked about the new VaporBlunt V2, supposedly that is their new portable vaporizer that is soon to come out. Rumored to compare to the Pax and compete with the Pax. Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?​

I'll be trying pax for first time today, so can let you know.. I wouldn't take it on an airplane because of residue / sniffer dogs etc.. But you know maybe there are ways around that if your gaim. Seems like a lot of vaps around / coming out. You prob need to own a few to work out what's right for you, so embrace all the options, it's good there is a lot of choice out there!

brett,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I'll be trying pax for first time today, so can let you know.. I wouldn't take it on an airplane because of residue / sniffer dogs etc.. But you know maybe there are ways around that if your gaim. Seems like a lot of vaps around / coming out. You prob need to own a few to work out what's right for you, so embrace all the options, it's good there is a lot of choice out there!

I am open to options, but being a college student, I don't have the bread to throw out to sample all of the vapes, I guess I could have addressed this in a generalized thread. Granted, I have been leaning towards the Pax, and have yet to find anything big enough wrong with it to actually make me want something else. The only other one I was looking at was the vaporblunt, but again it isn't small enough for me. I have a Pelican 1050 case that I love as it is waterproof and air tight. It holds everything very nicely, and you cannot smell a THING when it is sealed.

So my constraints on a portable vape is
-Electric​
-Efficiency​
-Size​
And other than that, it is up in the air.

ILoveCollege,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I am open to suggestions, and in order to keep the clutter out of here, if you would like to discuss what you think is the best portable electric vape, shoot me a PM.

-College

ILoveCollege,

Dammit

I got mine shipped through myus.com via ploom.com, it's excellent service.
So you didn't get it DIRECTLY from Ploom. That might have wiped your warranty then, but I'm glad your pax is still working. BTW, that's the back of the power supply. Voltage should be on the other piece in you office somewhere if you can locate it :lol:

Dammit,

Dammit

So I was in my local head shop today talking to them about this vape. I swear that I have seen in the reviews, seen where people have posted it on here, but he would not stop insisting that the Pax was PURELY for concentrates and unless you get a secondary chamber, one for purely flowers, that I would be disappointed with the Pax.

Can someone clarify this for me? I have been lurking on the forum for a while, joined up and have only been on this thread.

I apologize if this has been covered, and is a repeated post (I am a mod on some other forums, so I get the repost) I tried using the search button, but that did not being me to the answer that I wanted.

I have some more questions, but those can wait. Those are dependent on this answer.

Thank you,
College
Does he carry the Pax? To be honest, it sounds like he's trying to talk you out of it so he can sell you something that he does carry.

brett

Yah I blew that part somewhere into pieces, can't find it lol... Nevermind I've got the thing charged now with a $21 charger from local electrical shop.. Testing later today yay..

brett,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Does he carry the Pax? To be honest, it sounds like he's trying to talk you out of it so he can sell you something that he does carry.

Well my friend who has the VB bought it there, and he told me that. Granted now my friend believes this guy more than me, I feel like me doing research is going to be better than some head shop guy selling me a product that won't serve my need.

ILoveCollege,

Dammit

I came across this a while ago that might be of use to you, college
Vaporizer-Comparison-Chart.jpg

My only complaint is that the solo doesn't have it's stem, and the MFLB doesn't have it's battery and stem in the size comparison chart, especially since the other ones have their stems/mouth piece up as well. I guess the prices can be deceiving too since they have the MSRP listed but you can find some better prices online if you shop around.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Interesting graphic, Dammit. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the Da Vinci is (16 oz?). I don't have my scale, but I'm pretty sure that is not accurate. Nor the NO2 for that matter.

I call Bullshit.:rant:

:peace:

Stu,
I just got my Pax today and am still getting used to vaping after being warned by my doc that I was making my asthma worse. I do enjoy the Pax and its definitely different from my Silver Surfer. I noticed that the case gets really warm, to the point that I have to put it down. Also, after it turns blue on standby for a moment or two, it turns off. Do I have a defective unit?

mustangmaddi,

Dammit

Interesting graphic, Dammit. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the Da Vinci is (16 oz?). I don't have my scale, but I'm pretty sure that is not accurate. Nor the NO2 for that matter.

I call Bullshit.:rant:

I can't really comment on the accuracy of the graph, as I only own a Pax. Just thought it was interesting too and that it might be of some help to some people.

nysuperscum

So my mouth piece is now sticking..... how do I clean the spring area?

I had the same problem after a month or so of daily use. After talking with the nice folks at Vapeworld, I got some isopropyl alcohol wipes, and cut off a small corner of it - maybe a 1-inch triangle of material. Then I used a paperclip to jam as much of it as I could down into the area around where the mouthpiece connects. Then I used the paperclip to run it around a few times, and repeated probably 5-10 times over the course of a couple of days.

Now she's running like new again. No problems. I intend to do it now as part of my weekly cleanup.

nysuperscum,

Dammit

Not what I was hoping to hear. I wrote an email to Vapeworld. Lets see what they say. Thanks.
Mine gets pretty warm around the oven area, especially if it's been on high for a while. I just hold it near the top. Also, I think it's supposed to shut off automatically if it's been on standby for a bit. I'm not sure after how long it's supposed to shut off though.

Edit - from their website
How does the motion-sensor power-down work?

The device has an on-board accelerometer. When the device sees no movement for around a minute, it goes into standby mode (lower heat setting, around 150C). Then, it will shut off after another minute or so. A bumpy car ride is enough motion to keep the device awake. You can’t trigger sleep-mode by accident. Leave it alone and it powers down, simple as that.

Mine gets pretty warm around the oven area, especially if it's been on high for a while. I just hold it near the top. Also, I think it's supposed to shut off automatically if it's been on standby for a bit. I'm not sure after how long it's supposed to shut off though.

Edit - from their website
How does the motion-sensor power-down work?

The device has an on-board accelerometer. When the device sees no movement for around a minute, it goes into standby mode (lower heat setting, around 150C). Then, it will shut off after another minute or so. A bumpy car ride is enough motion to keep the device awake. You can’t trigger sleep-mode by accident. Leave it alone and it powers down, simple as that.[/quote

mustangmaddi,
Thanks so much for the info. I couldn't find where the instructions said if the unit powered off after awhle by itself. That, plus several folks claimed that theirs stayed in standby mode until they manually turned it off. I couldn't understand why the mfg would do something like that, considering the great engineering design. After all, how many folks do you know who remember to turn off anything after a good session? :lol: Well, now that I know that my unit isn't defective, think I'll go upstairs and check to see if the little light is green yet. Have a great evening!

CuttyBuddy

Ow wow. Everyone has the issue. Well it's a constant cleaner unit that's for sure. She's higher maintenance than my lady.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Checking in to remind fellow Paxists that a clean Pax is a happy Pax!

I was an early adopter and still have zero issues with mine--it's a freaking workhorse. I clean the shit out of it, however. Sometimes I get down with ISO, and sometimes I clean it right after use while it's still hot. Regardless, I clean that fucker 'til it shines.

Paxify to the Paxifism, all you Paxifists :tup:

XOXO,
Vapinghole

Edit: CuttyBuddy - Your avatar = DAMN!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just got my Pax today and am still getting used to vaping after being warned by my doc that I was making my asthma worse. I do enjoy the Pax and its definitely different from my Silver Surfer. I noticed that the case gets really warm, to the point that I have to put it down. Also, after it turns blue on standby for a moment or two, it turns off. Do I have a defective unit?

If you have the temperature set to red (high) and it is on for a while (green) then the bottom does get fairly hot. It won't burn you just by touching it, but it's too hot to maintain contact for more than a second or so.

As an experiment to determine battery life, I filled mine with ABV, set it to high, activated party mode, and waited to see how long it would last. It died at 1 hour 45 minutes, which is not bad at all. The relevant point is that it got really hot, almost too hot to pick up, especially at the bottom, as you would expect. The ABV was really black.

Oh, it stunk almost from the beginning. It'd smell nicer with fresh weed but I'm pretty sure the odour would be even stronger.

Cutty, post that animated gif for tha fans one last time, will ya?

Aside from being off topic ;) he doesn't need to. Click on his avatar.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom