Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Can you take the screen out and take a picture? I'm just seeing the notches on the edges of the screen.

Deadshort480,

2 Paces

Please confirm this if other people have the same view as I do about this issue.

Agree. I would love to see a pic of that oven without a screen in it.

Do you think that everyone that has stated in this thread that they have used this ridge to secure their screen successfully is being insincere?

If you don't have this ridge, your unit is either defective or it has been worn off somehow.

No offense meant Grokit (I wasn't trying to call anyone insincere, just stated that mine didn't have notches), but if there are notches they are a new development. I had 2 made in July 2012, and 1 from April 2013, and none had notches when new. All three were straight from Ploom. The one from April was a warranty replacement for one of the July ones.

I'm not saying there aren't notches now, but when you say that mine must have had notches that got worn off, you are just plain wrong.

Last edited:
2 Paces,

zyzz

for what it is worth, I just got my pax today and it has notches..

Hey guys, I saw a video online of a user using his Pax. To increase efficiency I saw the user bend a silver screen into a "U" shape and pack it into the oven along with the herbs.

The screens are similar to these: (http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Vaporizer-Chillum-Tobacco-Smoking/dp/B00BSEYAPS/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1375834936&sr=8-23&keywords=vaporizer screens)

Any Pax owner use a screen inside their oven?

The video can be seen here:

Thanks a bunch!
20mm pipe screens are what you want and yes lots of people use them if they don't want to pack a full oven

zyzz,

Deadshort480

I guess the notch is a new thing. Summamabitch! I still don't think I could give up my current Pax for a notched one.

Deadshort480,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I've had notches on all of mine, purchased mine in December and made a few returns, all my models had them. I bent the very edges of my screens upwards to catch the notches even more, locking the screen in place.

Mr.Krinkle,

ipax

Has anybody found a better solution to the temp light thing? When was the last MP designed? I remember, I think, one revision? I've pretty much stopped using it since it's embarrassing when the temp light issue happens. That and moving to NYC for a job and fearing a certain kind of test. But mostly the embarrassment/frusteration thing

ipax,

grokit

well-worn member
Agree. I would love to see a pic of that oven without a screen in it.

No offense meant Grokit (I wasn't trying to call anyone insincere, just stated that mine didn't have notches), but if there are notches they are a new development. I had 2 made in July 2012, and 1 from April 2013, and none had notches when new. All three were straight from Ploom. The one from April was a warranty replacement for one of the July ones.

I'm not saying there aren't notches now, but when you say that mine must have had notches that got worn off, you are just plain wrong.

I never imagined that this was due to a revision, because I found out about it from a post (that I can't find upon a 5-minute search) in this very thread when I first got my pax a couple of months ago. The one I bought was from an ebay seller, $215 shipped brand new. I continue to have lofty, unfulfilled expectations when it comes to portable battery-operated vapes, but the pax wasn't half bad in retrospect.

grokit,

jeff

Has anybody found a better solution to the temp light thing? When was the last MP designed? I remember, I think, one revision? I've pretty much stopped using it since it's embarrassing when the temp light issue happens. That and moving to NYC for a job and fearing a certain kind of test. But mostly the embarrassment/frusteration thing
Interdental brushes and iso

Can you take the screen out and take a picture? I'm just seeing the notches on the edges of the screen.
I so tried. It was too difficult and I gave up. Look in the middle of screen (skinny side) you can see the little lip.

jeff,

salivape

can you elaborate on where to use the dental brushes and iso? Do you mean the metal 'stem' on the MP and the vapour tube? Sorry I know it may be a dumb question I just don't want to iso the wrong part and make he MP stick. That's one problem I don't need!

salivape,

unknownlegend

Regarding the pictures above showing the oven and screen; I agree that the picture seems to reveal notches on the walls of the oven and in fact I see the exact same view on my Pax; however under closer inspection and with a magnifier and especially after removing the screen there are just no visible evidence of notches on the oven walls; I believe the indentations on the screen itself are responsible for the illusion of notches at least with the Pax that I own.

jeff

can you elaborate on where to use the dental brushes and iso? Do you mean the metal 'stem' on the MP and the vapour tube? Sorry I know it may be a dumb question I just don't want to iso the wrong part and make he MP stick. That's one problem I don't need!
So you do it on the top of the pax itself. In the gap between the pax and the vapor tube. It cleans the spring area that the MP goes in to. Vaporcritic or someone made a good cleaning video that includes this technique. Just wipe of extra iso, flooding temp light is bad.

ipax

So you do it on the top of the pax itself. In the gap between the pax and the vapor tube. It cleans the spring area that the MP goes in to. Vaporcritic or someone made a good cleaning video that includes this technique. Just wipe of extra iso, flooding temp light is bad.
Wow. found the video: http://www.vapecritic.com/blog/2013/03/12/pax-cleaning/

I do that, but he had a much better dental brush than I did. gonna have to go try his and see if it fixes it. My mouthpiece has never been as dirty as the one in the video though, and mine barely works. #pissed.

ipax,

Shadowdjinni

I know this has been discussed before but I seem to be having a lot of difficulty positioning the screen so that it sits or locks as it should. I clean my Pax every few days and have been perfecting my cleaning technique to the point where it has become routine. But it often takes me 5 or 10 minutes to fiddle with the screen to the point where it seems to be "locked" in the oven. If I don't spend a lot of time on this I will start using Pax and the screen invariably will move or shift and herb will get into the hole and travel up the mouthpiece which is a big hassle. I haven't yet been able to figure out the proper way of getting the screen to sit in the oven without spending maybe 10 minutes pushing it down in many different ways. I try and keep the screen above the hole elevated more than the opposite side but it is very difficult to get the screen to lock in this way. If anyone has a good way of getting the screen to lock or fit properly please let me know!

I noticed that the more you take the screen in and out of the device, the harder it is to get it back in correctly. After weekly cleanings for about 2.5 months, I've finally had to change the original screen out for one of the replacements I bought. I kept the old screen because it still fit SOMETIMES, but having to potentially fiddle with it every time I turned the load was annoying.

Shadowdjinni,

Sonics420

Now that my XP has broken the Pax is my main unit. It does have its quirks like the weak battery life and sticky mouthpiece when you don't clean it.. But I have learned to deal with it by applying pressure to the MP til the light is green.. I clean very minimal, about once a week and use the Pax everyday.

I usually use the Pax to myself as I dont want people having to fidget with the temp light issue also, and plus it just works better for personal/solo use.

Sonics420,
Reactions: grokit

zyzz

as requested (note that I just got my pax yesterday and I have only used it once):

qs010m.jpg

21jsmko.jpg

e71l6c.jpg

zyzz,

zyzz

I used my pax for the first time tonight and it was easily one of my best highs ive ever had and everything worked flawlessly. The mouthpiece is also more fluid now after the first use.

for anyone who is curious, here is what the oven looks like after I cleaned it:

nvcrwm.jpg

atssja.jpg

2uemjo8.jpg

zyzz,
Reactions: grokit

Hexi

Pax has this to say about their plate/screen

Should my screen have holes in it?
The Pax screen is a solid plate with a screen-like pattern, not actual holes. The design is unique to the industry, featuring a plate that channels vapors through the heating chamber.

Hexi,

Deadshort480

Pax has this to say about their plate/screen

Should my screen have holes in it?
The Pax screen is a solid plate with a screen-like pattern, not actual holes. The design is unique to the industry, featuring a plate that channels vapors through the heating chamber.
Yeah, there are notches all around the side of the screen for air to pass through. There aren't any actual holes in the screen. We are wondering if there has been an update to the oven. There may now be small notches in the sides of the oven for the edges of the screen to catch into.

Deadshort480,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I can't get my fucking Pax to charge. I cleaned it good, both the unit and the charger. Nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I have to say that this is the worst purchase I have ever made. Most of the time the mouthpiece either sticks or doesn't activate- even after thorough cleaning with ISO and Q-tips. It usually took me 5 minutes of taking the thing off the charger, cleaning the charger and the Pax, and replacing it before it got a contact and started charging. This happened EVERY time and now it's dead and won't charge.

I HATE this piece of shit. I paid all that money and it has never worked right. Especially when I needed it to.

Went to Boston and needed to medicate for a couple of days. I wouldn't turn green the whole time.

Don't have a car tomorrow and Friday and need to medicate at work. Nope, not going to happen.

Going to a festival in a couple of weeks, it won't charge.

I have been anal about keeping this thing clean every day. If I can't get it charge I'm going to take a hammer to it. I'll post pics, LOL.

Edit: I destroyed the charger trying to take the cheap piece of shit apart. I'm done with this crappy toy.

Tstat,

Hexi

Did you try contacting Ploom first? Mine is in the exact same boat, but I'm about to interact with them again regarding the warranty...

Hexi,

Deadshort480

I can't get my fucking Pax to charge. I cleaned it good, both the unit and the charger. Nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I have to say that this is the worst purchase I have ever made. Most of the time the mouthpiece either sticks or doesn't activate- even after thorough cleaning with ISO and Q-tips. It usually took me 5 minutes of taking the thing off the charger, cleaning the charger and the Pax, and replacing it before it got a contact and started charging. This happened EVERY time and now it's dead and won't charge.

I HATE this piece of shit. I paid all that money and it has never worked right. Especially when I needed it to.

Went to Boston and needed to medicate for a couple of days. I wouldn't turn green the whole time.

Don't have a car tomorrow and Friday and need to medicate at work. Nope, not going to happen.

Going to a festival in a couple of weeks, it won't charge.

I have been anal about keeping this thing clean every day. If I can't get it charge I'm going to take a hammer to it. I'll post pics, LOL.

Edit: I destroyed the charger trying to take the cheap piece of shit apart. I'm done with this crappy toy.

You want a Solo loaner? I haven't used it much lately. It would only take a day to get to you. Just return it whenever you're done with it. Hit me with a PM and let me know.

2 Paces

as requested (note that I just got my pax yesterday and I have only used it once):

I'm still not seeing anything, but it's tough to get a good photo of the bottom of the oven.

But I guess I'm not sure what I'm looking for. They have been called notches and ridges so far.

Is it a ridge that the screen pops into? Sort of a line that is etched into the metal?

Or are they notches that protrude out from the sides of the oven that the screen gets wedged under?

2 Paces,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom