Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Dude if the T1 was ok for concerts then so would the INH. It is only slightly taller. I recommended the pax for you cause you said you didn't mind cleaning and the quirks. The form factor on the pax is the cutest.

SoCalShore

Well I went ahead and picked up an amethis.... ametis.... a PURPLE PAX (In deference to Elmer Fudd) :D
I absolutely love the concept and technology of this device.
In a word: WOW.
Now I just need to find out the minimum size bowl that will work for me so that I can preserve my stash.
I am thinking it will be ~.2g but time will tell.

My serial number is AH0416X. Anyone else out there with a similar serial number and if so when did you purchase your unit? Just curious when mine was produced.

How do you register this device with Ploom? Usually you can register on a manufacturers website
but I see no option on ploom.com.

Congrats on your Pax! I have the amethyst (purple) one too and I love it. My serial #AH04490 and I purchased it from Ploom. I don't think you are going to have any issues with Ploom CS, but if you have any doubts, use the chat option on monday, explain to them where you got your Pax and you just want to make sure you have the full warranty benefits, then save the chat or print it out so you have confirmation of it. But honestly, I don't think you have to do any of that. That would just be for your peace of mind. Ploom CS is fantastic.

As far as your question on filling the oven. I sometimes medicate in the evening right before bed and I fill my oven with enough flowers to cover the screen and then I pack it tightly. That gives me enough for a session on low, a little stir and then pack again, and then a session on medium. That really does the trick and medicates me quite well. I am not nearly buying as much flowers as I thought I would. Then if I want to fill the oven, I think the fullest I have had it is 3/4 fully packed (sorry I don't have a scale) and that lasts me the whole day on low and medium and sometimes I can medicate from that same load the next day on medium and high. I dont use the high all that often.

Hope that helps.

SoCalShore,
i would hold off. Ive had my pax since August and now the heater doesnt even work. I turn it on and the purple light works but it doesnt heat up. Ive cleaned it and the mouthpiece is "working". I dont understand, its worked perfectly for 3 months and all of a sudden one day it doesnt heat up? I would wait if i was you, Thermovape Cera looks promising. My .02 cents. :)

Frustrating for sure, but that is where the 10-year warranty comes into play, eh? I've heard a lot of people say here that Ploom CS is excellent. I know some bum units have happened, which is not necessarily all that unusual in this market, being so relatively new and rapidly advancing technology. As long as the bugs are not extremely common, and the company will stand behind its product, as the feedback here seems to uphold, I am starting to get pretty comfortable with the idea of taking the plunge and hoping for the best.

And like Jamband said, I won't be going into it blind. I've read the first and last 20 pages of this thread, watched a few reviews and done a bunch of other research on this one and several others. I think the Pax fits what I am looking for currently in a portable. I will also say, though, that the Inh, Cera, and V2 VP all look really interesting. Oh to have the money to just get them all. :shrug:

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: SoCalShore
Dude if the T1 was ok for concerts then so would the INH. It is only slightly taller. I recommended the pax for you cause you said you didn't mind cleaning and the quirks. The form factor on the pax is the cutest.

I'll say this, the Inh would work BETTER in one way for sure - I LOVE the removable canisters so that you can pre-fill 3-4 cans and do a quick change throughout the show. On the other hand, while the Evo's size and shape is okay for larger concerts where people are all over the place and many are sparking up anyway, I always feel a little self-conscious in smaller club-type shows that I go to a lot. I always FEEL like people are noticing and wondering what that black pen-looking thing is that I am trying to non-nonchalantly draw on. lol. I have detected a few double-takes. It's probably not something to really worry about, but it makes me feel self-conscious if nothing else. The Pax, I think, would be much less conspicuous and would make me feel more free to use it.

TheDudeNextDoor,

UnixRasta

Congrats on your Pax! I have the amethyst (purple) one too and I love it. My serial #AH04490 and I purchased it from Ploom. I don't think you are going to have any issues with Ploom CS, but if you have any doubts, use the chat option on monday, explain to them where you got your Pax and you just want to make sure you have the full warranty benefits, then save the chat or print it out so you have confirmation of it. But honestly, I don't think you have to do any of that. That would just be for your peace of mind. Ploom CS is fantastic.

As far as your question on filling the oven. I sometimes medicate in the evening right before bed and I fill my oven with enough flowers to cover the screen and then I pack it tightly. That gives me enough for a session on low, a little stir and then pack again, and then a session on medium. That really does the trick and medicates me quite well. I am not nearly buying as much flowers as I thought I would. Then if I want to fill the oven, I think the fullest I have had it is 3/4 fully packed (sorry I don't have a scale) and that lasts me the whole day on low and medium and sometimes I can medicate from that same load the next day on medium and high. I dont use the high all that often.

Hope that helps.

Thx SoCal, yes this definitely helps!
So I wonder if my unit is ~330 units older than yours?
Mine just showed up in my local HS this past week.
It could have been sitting somewhere in stock for a while I guess.
I am thinking that the most recently produced units would have the most recent updates
like the newest mouth piece etc.
I can't tell, based on CarlosSpiceyWeiner's pictures if my case is the newer finish and texture
or the old style.

kushcloud

When the Pax worked it was great! I am going to get in touch with Ploom and see what they say tommorow. I hope this is a rarity, but what gets me is the Pax was functioning good since August and all of a sudden it stopped heating? As a Canadian customer it is just extra headaches and wait times. I guess its combustion for the next few weeks. sigh. :(

kushcloud,

Dreamerr

Dude, after seeing the solo cup mod, I think that can be done with a lot of vapes on the market. I am going to make one with one of those freebee water bottles so many throw at us. I don't think a concert will care if you walk in with an empty plastic bottle. I don't see any reason this can't be done with the pax or the INH. I currently use a really long tube on my INH so it isn't even visible. I do it for cooling but it works for stealth as well.

Dreamerr,

kevin ras

Car Charger for my Pax... please advise before I use it.

Is it ok to use this car charger for my Pax that I bought from ebay? The car charger is has an output of 12V 2A... different than the wall charger that comes with the pax. Will using this car charger ruin the Pax battery?

kevin ras,
When the Pax worked it was great! I am going to get in touch with Ploom and see what they say tommorow. I hope this is a rarity, but what gets me is the Pax was functioning good since August and all of a sudden it stopped heating? As a Canadian customer it is just extra headaches and wait times. I guess its combustion for the next few weeks. sigh. :(

I hear you brother. That's frustrating as hell, no doubt. Still, at least it sounds like you can feel pretty comfortable that Ploom will take care of you. Going back to combustion sucks. You should consider picking up another vape as a backup if nothing else. You can pick up an original Iolite for about $100 these days. Good little vape for cheap.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Tomorrow will be Animal Kingdom.

2004-12-31193049.jpg

IMG950539.jpg

Dreamerr

Fabulous Deadshort...went with all your material on a plane and now into Disney with no issues woohoo:clap:

Dreamerr,

kushcloud

Thanks for the support guys. I REALLY miss the Pax. Combustion just leaves such a vile taste in your mouth, yucky! Of course, when i am medicating i am thinking to myself............F*CK Combustion!

Deadshort480

Fabulous Deadshort...went with all your material on a plane and now into Disney with no issues woohoo:clap:

Getting into the park with everything is as easy as walking through the turnstile. Getting it on the plane required some 007 maneuver type shit.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Getting into the park with everything is as easy as walking through the turnstile. Getting it on the plane required some 007 maneuver type shit.

Really? Well, i'm not gonna have flower, just the device, and I'm gonna throw it in my check in. Hope it works.

newVaper420,

Dreamerr

Guess you have a connection to get some then otherwise a pax without flower is a useless pax.

Dreamerr,

Deadshort480

Really? Well, i'm not gonna have flower, just the device, and I'm gonna throw it in my check in. Hope it works.

Getting the device on the plane is no problem a long as it's at least semi clean. The Pax is a perfectly legal device and can be carried in your check on bag. Don't even hide it. I had the device riding shotgun with a baggie of pipe tobacco in my check on bag.

Here's my setup while traversing the parks. It's the same setup on the plane except for replacing the flower with tobacco. Notice how everything is pre ground and ready to go?

2012-11-04162535.jpg

Deadshort480,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just had one of the greatest sessions, using my Pax.
It was not just a good session for the Pax, but a great session for any vape.
I loaded the oven to go to the Supermarket, and the thing jammed the entire trip, with thick clouds that lasted through the store, and all the way back home.
I had the oven packed pretty tightly. The herb was not overly dry.
I got home, and was absolutely delighted with it's performance... maybe it is finishing it's period of being well broken in, and it wants to please it's owner!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Guess you have a connection to get some then otherwise a pax without flower is a useless pax.

Well, I'm going somewhere to an island, and the help there is helpful to say the least. However, it's ridiculously overpriced and shitty. But at least I don't have to risk going to jail. Especially internationally.

SoCalShore

Thanks for the support guys. I REALLY miss the Pax. Combustion just leaves such a vile taste in your mouth, yucky! Of course, when i am medicating i am thinking to myself............F*CK Combustion!

I feel your pain...I am so sorry. :( Right before I got my Pax, I was combusting too and I cant imagine being without my Pax. But, all of you are reminding me through this thread, I should really get a home unit or a back up unit. hmmmmm.

I loaded the oven to go to the Supermarket, and the thing jammed the entire trip, with thick clouds that lasted through the store, and all the way back home.
I got home, and was absolutely delighted with it's performance... maybe it is finishing it's period of being well broken in, and it wants to please it's owner!

Vito, I am so happy that you had this great experience. I too, just on Wednesday, had a most stellar experience with my Pax. Now, I'm not discounting that the herb could have been a factor because I decided to clean out my grinder and use the leftovers along with some fresh herb in the oven but I packed the oven about 3/4 full and tight and I could swear to you that I stepped into another dimension for the whole day. The Pax performance was just a stellar with nice clouds and great taste. I'm not quite sure where wednesday went but I was definitely on a fabulous vacation on my couch.

UnixRasta

I feel your pain...I am so sorry. :( Right before I got my Pax, I was combusting too and I cant imagine being without my Pax. But, all of you are reminding me through this thread, I should really get a home unit or a back up unit. hmmmmm.

SoCal I would like to chime in for the viVape 2 for a good home unit.
This unit just won the Best Vaporizer award at the 2012 Kush Expo.
Very high tech. like the PAX.
Retail is $450.00 but with a 20% discount code of "5773" and the $50.00 rebate form in the box
you can acquire one for around $310.00.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would also suggest the Cloud as a home unit, but you have to want to be really careful if you buy one, they have an all glass air path (aside from the ss ELBs you load your herb in) but it's at the $500 price mark (includes glass water tube) but the hits I can get with it are unbelievable. I have no experience w/ the viVape2, other than seeing vids of it continuously blowing vapor so I can not add anything useful to that one.

Glad you had a good Pax day Vitolo, thanks for sharing the experience.

Tweek

Vitolo...you are one cool dude. Thanks for the update :rockon:

SoCalShore

SoCal I would like to chime in for the viVape 2 for a good home unit.
This unit just won the Best Vaporizer award at the 2012 Kush Expo.
Very high tech. like the PAX.
Retail is $450.00 but with a 20% discount code of "5773" and the $50.00 rebate form in the box
you can acquire one for around $310.00.

Jams and Unix, thanks for the recommendations. I have actually been lurking the viVape2 and Cloud threads, I'm glad I am on the right track. I also have VapingHole and Ontario to thank for the viVape2 recommendations as well. I will probably wait till after the first of the year and see what the manufactures are coming out with for the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom