Packing unleashing more vape?

HuskerMath

Okay, for awhile now, I've been leaving my herbs completely loose in the wand - no packing what so ever. For reasons that don't matter, I decided to pack down some herb that I knew for a fact was already used up. I hit it twice, and man, there was still a LOT of potential in there. What's going on? By packing, did I break open the 'leaves' (don't know what they're actually called) and expose unvaped herb?

HuskerMath,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
By packing you caused a restriction in the air-flow which meant that the hot air spent a longer time filtering through the herb and thus extracted what was left from a looser fill :2c:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hitting slower tends to raise the temp of a hit, so you could always raise the temp of your vape if you don't want to change draw speed. (I'm assuming it's a variable temp vape?)

Also, by packing it, you may have crushed it up a bit and exposed more surface area.

With my LSV, I can get to a point where I think there is nothing left in the herb, then I use the back of my pick to crush it up a bit more in the WPA, and I can get another 1 or 2 hits out if it.

Just another thought, if you are getting where you want to be when vaping the herb the first time, you could always save the ABV for edibles. :brow:
Then it doesn't really matter if there are actives are left in there.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom