Overwhelmed Picking a Vape

s3vaping

I would like to try switching to vaporizing, but every-time I begin looking for a vape I become overwhelmed and continue combusting.

I haven't tried any vaporizers in the past 7 years. In the past I used the volcano, an iolite, and a box vape. None of these really took hold and I went back to using a water pipe.

What I am looking for is a portable vape that I can use during the day. My current routine is to smoke one or two bowls through a bong every two hours or so during the day, and a couple dabs in the evening.

I hope to find a vape that will stand up to daily use without any need to be sent in for warranty. I also would like the vape to be a health safe as possible (the one up side to combustion is my glass pipe). It also must allow me to quickly vape enough product to get where I need to be. If it works with concentrates that would be nice, but I am ok with an herb only vape.

The vapes I have seen on this forum that have interested me are the Vapcap, Milaana, and maybe the firefly2. I am concerned the vapcap will not allow me to vape enough at a time, but otherwise think it looks great. The Milaana also seems like it should work but I'm not sure on the battery life holding up to my use.

Am I on the right track? Are some of my chosen vapes not good for my needs? Would you recommend something else for my criteria?

s3vaping

WOW. That would definitely be enough vapor! Thanks for posting that.

I think that the vapcap is the one for me, I didn't like the idea of having to charge batteries.

If i use a more portable jet lighter can I expect the same volume of vapor or would i need to use a dab style torch like the video?

virtualpurple

I also agree that the vapcap should work well for your needs! You can snag an OG for 35 bucks or so, but I think it's well worth it to spring a few extra for a titanium top model. It allows you more freedom to mix and match.

Milaana is also great and the batteries really aren't a big deal. But the vapcap definitely allows you to retain a little ritual that I really enjoy, although I never really smoked much before I started vaporizing.

ginolicious

It depends on your price range that's for sure. I know battery life is going to be a concern for you so I will not bring up a swift pro or CFV as those do not have the longest battery life. I feel you are on the right track for what you are looking for wth the previously listed vapes. I will add a few more to your list;

1. CFX
2. Haze V3
3. CF.

These vapes are all under $250. V3 has a removable battery. Comes with two batteries. Has two boils. Has an oil can for your concentrates. Real easy to maintain. 10 year warranty. Worth a look.

Doktor Dub

I also have to say the Mighty could be good for you. It was the Vape which let me think the first time that i could go along with just Vaping.

Good Battery Life, no learning Curve, able to do small portions OR go through some stuff. Good CS (for me), good availability of spare Parts.

Might not be the most sexy Vape out there, expensive, much Plastic.

Just my 2c, good luck!

Mr. Me2

You may want to look at the pax3 too...

I haven't seen it stated here, but I don't think there is one perfect, all purpose vape. You may want to consider or prepare for more than one purchase.

A vapcap could be a perfect way to start for you. And it isn't a huge investment. So you may have room for a second to fill other needs or at least provide alternatives.

Something to think about?

s3vaping

Thanks everyone! I checked into the boundless vapes, the haze, the mighty, and the pax3.

I ended up ordering a TI WOODY vapcap with and additional vong stem. I like the idea of being free from the outlet, and using a torch doesn't bother me. Hopefully I will enjoy vaping and will be interested in looking into other vapes to pair with it.

Thanks again, the feedback i got here made me feel confident in my purchase.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I believe you will like it, because it feels very similar to smoking. Every one of the other vapes mentioned is a session vape. The vapcap is NOT a session vape. It is capable of vaporizing a smaller amount much faster than any of the others. Not more so than ANY vape...but that combined with how much it feels like smoking...I think any smoker would love it. I would recommend a magnet or a dynastash for it, otherwise you have a hot ass piece of metal you have to blow on to cool off. lol it's a lot nicer just setting it down on the magnet.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll love it. Who knows, maybe one of the session vapes would be in your future (lordie knows most of us have too many vapes lol)

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
If you smoke 2 bowls in the day and dab in the evening, then I guess you probably prefer a delivery that is convenient simple and quick.
Also that means you're mostly vaping at home, so why do you need it to be portable?

For quick and simple vape bowls throughout the day, I would recommend a log vape.
I love my E-Nano exacly for this.
It's always ready, quick to load and empty, and vapes the bowl very quickly and efficiently within few very potent hits.

Or maybe the sublimator if you want to go more hardcore. That one is way more expensive and has bigger bowl so it can be way more powerful. Also you's have to be careful with it because it has exposed hot parts that could burn you.

It's harder to find a portable that would be like this. I can think of the Grasshopper, which is quite expensive and might still have some issues. And can get very hot after few hits. If you load a lot of herb into it, you could get high instantly in few hits before it would get hot and then repeat on the same bowl few more times later. Or it can deliver a hige cloud if you pair it with a watertool.

As a portable I usually recommend the Arizer Air, because I think it's a great vape that just work right and is reliable. However, it takes about 10 minutes to vape a bowl and get high, it's not as quick as the vapes above.

Seek,
Reactions: PPN
Top Bottom