OS. Klik Distillate Pen

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm up at my place in far northern Newfoundland and was thinking of a quick trip to the nearest dispensary 270 miles away. Among the stuff on the concentrate list are three different OS. Klik Distillate Pens. On my drive up from the states I stopped at an amazing CannabisNB(New Brunswick) store, but now that I'm here I'm finding that having only two lovely dabbing concentrates--I also got some flower and some oral spray--isn't enough variety, particularly with my flower vape(Crafty) not working. What is Klik Distillate? Is it a type of honey wax meant for dabbing that I could use on my Terp PenXL or bangers? And is it a pure THC product, with terpenes added back in? Anyone know. Thanks.

The dispensary has live resin and rosin in stock, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't get one of the Kliks, but I'm the sort who likes to try new stuff.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: lazylathe

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I have never had this particular product, but it's probably much the same as other distillate products available around here... it appears that it just delivers measured dose of whatever is in the tube. Distillate like this is fully decarbed and is also ready to administer orally, or however else you want....:
If they don't specifically say they have cannabis derived terps reintroduced then chances are the usually don't and are "botanical" or "food grade", how good that can be...? well, that's up to you... I don't think I have ever had one I liked and other than trying to taste like a supposed strain, the botanical terps used do nothing to tailor the high, imo... and the fact that it was distilled means that any parent characteristics shouldn't matter one single bit, so I never know why they mention it, it's basically all THC...:
My suggestion is to stick the live resin and rosin... :peace:

Edit: Are you on the Island way up by St Anthony, or waaaay up with Labrador? Must be so cool....!

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I have never had this particular product, but it's probably much the same as other distillate products available around here... it appears that it just delivers measured dose of whatever is in the tube. Distillate like this is fully decarbed and is also ready to administer orally, or however else you want....:
If they don't specifically say they have cannabis derived terps reintroduced then chances are the usually don't and are "botanical" or "food grade", how good that can be...? well, that's up to you... I don't think I have ever had one I liked and other than trying to taste like a supposed strain, the botanical terps used do nothing to tailor the high, imo... and the fact that it was distilled means that any parent characteristics shouldn't matter one single bit, so I never know why they mention it, it's basically all THC...:
My suggestion is to stick the live resin and rosin... :peace:

Edit: Are you on the Island way up by St Anthony, or waaaay up with Labrador? Must be so cool....!
I bought a cart of the strongest distillate wax on my way up, and to me it tastes like terpenes rather than weed. Not my taste. So you're probably right about sticking to resin and rosin, which are as good as anything I've had in the states.

My place is in Quirpon, north of St. A near Lanse aux Meadows. And yes, its cool, 46F outside, so the woodstove going in the kitchen and the electric baseboard on in the bathroom. And this is still summer. If you type in Quirpon to either Google Earth or Apple Maps it takes you almost exactly to my house. I've owned the place for 23 years now. You know Newfoundland?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
My place is in Quirpon, north of St. A near Lanse aux Meadows. And yes, its cool, 46F outside, so the woodstove going in the kitchen and the electric baseboard on in the bathroom. And this is still summer. If you type in Quirpon to either Google Earth or Apple Maps it takes you almost exactly to my house. I've owned the place for 23 years now. You know Newfoundland?
Noooo, I wish! I took the kids van camping all around the Gaspé Peninsula a few years ago early one summer and had a blast.... camped on Lac Cascapedia at Gaspesie National Park for a few nights and then drove around from Sainte Anne to Forillon for a few more nights... it was amazing... all of it! I've always wanted to drive up to Manicouagan Reservoir ("the eye of Quebec") to fish and checkout the huge dams on the way.... Maybe even go further to Happy Valley Goose Bay or elsewhere on the coast... as far as the road goes!

Is that your place at the end of the road on Noble Cove? Are you allowed on Quirpon Island? I imagine you must take a ferry from Moncton area or Gaspé? Or just fly? Soooo many questions!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
You'd mentioned St. Anthony, which I thought was a town only people who'd been there knew.

That's my place at the end of the road. Anyone can cross the tickle(Newfie English for a norrow channel between a big island and mainland) out to the island and many folks do for berry picking or snowmobiling in winter. There's a very popular B&B five miles out on the tip of the island in the former lighthouse complex, Quirpon Lighthouse Inn. The only ferry is from North Sydney at the tip of Cape Breton. I almost always drive up because I have so many toys to take, an additional eight hour drive once the ferry lands in Port aux Basques.

I love getting stoned and watching for whale blows or listening to the wind howling. My place is extremely exposed and I've clocked winds in excess of hurricane force there several times. Its like being on the summit of Mt. Washington in the White Mtns of New Hampshire, near my regular home, but by the sea.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
You'd mentioned St. Anthony, which I thought was a town only people who'd been there knew.

That's my place at the end of the road. Anyone can cross the tickle(Newfie English for a norrow channel between a big island and mainland) out to the island and many folks do for berry picking or snowmobiling in winter. There's a very popular B&B five miles out on the tip of the island in the former lighthouse complex, Quirpon Lighthouse Inn. The only ferry is from North Sydney at the tip of Cape Breton. I almost always drive up because I have so many toys to take, an additional eight hour drive once the ferry lands in Port aux Basques.

I love getting stoned and watching for whale blows or listening to the wind howling. My place is extremely exposed and I've clocked winds in excess of hurricane force there several times. Its like being on the summit of Mt. Washington in the White Mtns of New Hampshire, near my regular home, but by the sea.
Nah, but I do get lost poring over google earth and maps etc... you're probably currently the most remote forumer.... even more so than @LesPlenty or the forum "Kiwi's"... ha! Sounds amazing!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
My buddies are mostly what's called in-shore fishermen, out in the wild weather in the Strait of Belle Isle in 28ft open boats. Lots of folks also work on big ocean-going fishing and shrimping boats. Ran into an acquaintance yesterday who just got back from 59 days at sea fishing for turbot in Baffin Bay, unloading catch in Greenland. Other folks drive big rigs on the ice roads or work in the oil fields in upper Alberta and Northwest Territories, or work for the Coast Guard. Biggest employer is gummint: hospital and schools. The region has the highest rate of wood heating of any place in North America: the folks go out on their snowmobiles in the winter and cut and haul wood to the roadside on towed sleds.

Here's the scene beside my house, looking across the channel, which the Newfies call a tickle, to Quirpon Island.

View attachment 12650

Here's my fisherman buddies, with a Greenland iceberg behind, two thousand miles from where it was calved off a glacier.
Cyril rabbit boat berg net web.jpg
George in the wheelhouse is a hardcore doper, lighting up as he walks down the wharf at 4:30AM. I've been out with these guys many times, but never on the first run of the day!

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
This is my place with its outbuildings, from the front: my photo studio(where I'm sitting right now), old store(net barn or twine loft) and fishing stage(boathouse). House dates back to the 1860s or 70s. Roads and electricity didn't reach this what the Newfoundlanders call an "outport" until 1973. Photo taken in late June a few years ago. Those are genuine icebergs from northwest Greenland that are brought down by the cold Labrador Current for my enjoyment and to cause problems for the Titanic! Right now its dark and grey, in the 40sF/7 or 8C with the wind howling from the northeast and the rain beating down from the remnants of Hurricane Ida. Sitting here at the computer, I saw four humpback whale blows about an hour ago. The place has a myriad of problems, but I love being here. About to vape a few delicious diamonds before I go in to make dinner. Hope this tickles your fancy.

Bergmania 15.jpg

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
One more, since you asked! Here's what it looks like in winter. This was part of a show I had right before Covid.

Pot is legal here in CN and here in Nfld, but I made a pre-planned stop a few hours after crossing the border the day after the border opened to Americans. The provincial dispensaries in New Brunswick have a fantastic selection. I had browsed the menu of one I had stopped at before, had an older(like me!) lady budtender make some suggestions, and so I'm sitting here in a remote place 270 miles from the nearest pot shop with a superlative stash. There's plenty of so-so Mafia product available here, though not much in the way of concentrates, which I've been exploring. High as a kite!

Little Quirpon winter island polyana.jpg

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I didn't read much other post than the first one, but distillate is almost pure THC, it can reach 99% if made well enough. You can actually use it anyway that other concentrates are used.

Some people do mix in terpenes with it, but if they don't it won't have much flavor.

You can get bulk distillate in jars that cost like $15 a gram. but you would have to buy like 28g.

scy123,

chris 71

Looks like your living the dream I want to move to newfoundland I'm in ontario and I can't stand the heat waves !!!

You guys have built in air conditioning with those icebergs floating by ..... your a lucky man if you ask me !!

chris 71,
Top Bottom