Optimum Vapist Use or Vapist Efficiency Discussion.

Beezleb

The goal of this post is to discuss the concept of vapist efficiency and how to obtain optimum use in vaporizing. I will keep this thread updated with information as collectively given and learned as time goes on to keep information easy to find. Keep in mind, this is a collective effort and is the result of not only my experiences but that of many in the community. Thank the FC community if need be, I am just a secretary of sorts.

I believe I found for myself a synergy in vaporizing that has enabled me to obtain what I call very high efficiency compared to smoking or vapist efficiency or optimum and here are my words/views on the subject.

True vapist efficiency is far more complex than just the model of a vaporizer one may use. I believe it is a mistake to judge or determine efficiency simply by the "performance" of a vaporizer as that is only one aspect of a larger issue. The performance of a vaporizer is only beneficial in terms of optimum use if the performance of that vaporizer meets your usage requirements. For example, a medical user for pain management would tend to prefer a temperature variable vaporizer so they can achieve the effects they require where that may not be as possible with set temperature vaporizers.

It should also be understood that efficiency in vaporizing is not a cut and dry definition. In essence it infers to many people as meaning optimum and that is what I find most people are searching for, what is most optimum for them and that is what this is about, what is optimum in your usage and how you can achieve that.

This makes the issue much more complicated and far different than most people may realize as people tend to error in getting caught up in the performance and/or potential performance of a vaporizer and believe that this will translate to optimum use for themselves. It is not uncommon for someone to purchase a vaporizer believing they will achieve some similar results that others report and not realize those results and it is unfortunate when this occurs. It is in the hopes in assisting people select a vaporizer that best suits their individual needs and using the whole of the vaporizing process in better hopes to achieve optimum use from their vaporizer usage and thus enjoying true vapist efficiency.

Some factors in achieving what I call vapist efficiency or optimum use:
Understand your personal usage and style. The idea being to select the vaporizer that best suits your individual needs, preferences and styles. It is common for someone, especially those new to vaping, to get caught up in the hype or popularity of a particular vaporizer but that may not necessarily equate to obtaining a vaporizer that best suits your needs. As myself as an example, when I was originally looking into vaporizers I initially thought a bag vaporizer would be very cool but as I was learning about vaporizers and really looking at my usage style I realized that a bag vaporizer would only be a gimmick for me to be used on rare occasions and thus it was not worth it to me.

What factors are important to you? Such as effect, taste/flavor, big draws, small draws, medium draws, variable draws, typical number of users, appearance, safety, convenience, health factors and any other aspect that would play a regular role in your vaping sessions. Taking in those considerations when selecting a vaporizer will do much for successfully integrating vaping as your medium of choice for imbibing.

Recycling ABV/Wand Hash: All vaporizers create ABV/AVB/Duff what have you as no vaporizer is absolutely efficient at removing all the actives from the materials used. There are a good handful of ways to obtain these actives. Which method is best is subjective to each vapist. Some people smoke it, some eat it, some make butter, oil, or a tincture with it.

Some people obtain great success and others do not. It is not an easy subject and the quality of your result is decided by many factors. With that said, once a vapist becomes familiar and comfortable at recycling their ABV the vapist can create a valued product with varied uses from remains that many people just throw away.

Wand Hash is typically used as a strengthening additive or on its own. It can be used similarly as kief. Depending on the type of the vaporizer you have such as wand/tube box vaporizer you will create a brown residue which is condensed vapor within your wand and tube. Other vaporizers can obtain small amounts of residue wherever condensation can occur in the vapor path. This wand hash can be recovered through several methods. The method in which a vapist uses to recover this wand hash can create a grainy hash texture to a gooey substance depending on the method.

Recycling, Exhales & cleaning: Some vapist prefer to clean their wands and tubes more frequently than others while some prefer to let condensation build up. For those who like to clean more frequently it is not uncommon to find people who use a high percentage alcohol to clean their glass, screens, tubing and other applicable vaporizer parts and then put the alcohol back in the bottle to be reused. I have not found any postings that state the results as this is a long term process that in concept will over time and with successive cleanings that the alcohol will absorb more and more condensed vapor which at some point can be evaporated off to collect the reconstituted material or treat it like a golden dragon tincture.
(Tubes used in traditional box vaporizers typically do not react well with alcohol cleaning as it may stiffen or change the appearance of your tube. This varies on the type of tubing for which you have and many vapist simply choose to replace tubes more often than cleaning them as they are typically inexpensive. If you clean your tubing be sure to rinse well with water after cleaning and too allow to thoroughly dry before reusing to ensure no alcohol remains in the tubing)

Thanks to DevotheStrange for the following Post number 5:
Harvesting Exhaled Vapor
I havnt done this on constant basis but have fooled around with it.
What I did was take an piece of stainless steel tubing with a cover (from a sink drain actually, both pieces) and shoved it full of cheese cloth. Tube was about a foot long... the further into the tube the more packed cloth I put... the closer too the opening the looser the cloth was.

Now me and the people I work with vape pretty heavily. So all I did was blow every exhale into the tube. And had others do likewise. At first you could see a little tiny bit come out the other side. but that is only if you blew really hard. Most of it got trapped into the cloth. After a few days took the end cap off, used a stick too push all the cloth out into a bowl. You could see where the oils had started too accumulate in the cloth. Soaked it in everclear too get all the oil out of the cloth. It wasnt much but I did manage too harvest some nice red tinted oil out of it. Now had I used it bit longer would have harvested more. Was an experiment that seems too have worked. Now I have no problem harvesting this way, but other people might be put off by the fact it is exhaled vapor (wanted too collect the stuff my lungs was not absorbing)

still gotta mess around with it. Reason I use everclear (besides rinsing the THC out of the cloth) is too hopefully kill off anything that may have started too grow in the cloth from the exhales (didnt see any growth of anything, but you never know.)

Preparation (grinder/Kief): While not unique to vaporizing it does potentially add up to optimum use in vaporizing but is subjective per user. It is common and generally recommended to grind or cut up your material prior to vaporizing. If you use a grinder I recommend using a grinder with a kief catcher so that you can collect and use kief. In my view the kief removed from a single bowl does not translate into noticeable difference so I look at similarly to saving a small bit of each bowl for later use.

When a vapist brings these aspects into harmony a process of optimum use tailored to your style and preferences can be achieved and enjoyed with no real effort. The use of the above viewpoints have enabled me to obtain great use from my vaporizer. I look forward to reading others views on the subject and I hope that people will give their view points, helpful hints, insights and contributions so this can be used as a resource for new vapist.

Happy Vaping,
Beezleb

B.

War Criminal
I can't wait to learn something from this topic, I'm sure some good tips will be flowin from this page.

Since I've converted to the vape the biggest thing I've learned to help me with efficiency is to trust that vaping takes a little longer than smoking for you to truly feel the effect. I often stop short of getting to where I want to be, and ten minutes later I realize I'm way higher than I thought I was.

And load light. Yes, sometimes its just too tempting to jam my SSV wand and get totally ripped, but usually Im satisfied off of much less, maybe 20% of what the wand can hold. You can always vape a fresh load, but you can't give back the THC you've already inhaled.

More than any other factor, discipline determines my efficiency.

B.,

Beezleb

Discipline is certainly a factor but limiting the amount may not be optimum for everyone. I am currently dropping 1/2ml of golden dragon per a piece of bud and letting it evap overnight and using that each morning.

I like it but am still experimenting and learning from it but I think this may be an option for increasing optimum use.

I tend to vape over a long period of time. I take a handful of draws and wait a bit, then take a few more draws and rinse/repeat. This is nice for building on the high by essentially taking somewhat measured doses every 5-10 minutes but at night I like it more intense and enjoy a wand much faster.

Beezleb,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
k at beezlbubs request.
Harvesting Exhaled Vapor.
I havnt done this on constant basis but have fooled around with it.
What I did was take an piece of stainless steel tubing with a cover (from a sink drain actually, both pieces)
and shoved it full of cheese cloth. Tube was about a foot long... the further into the tube the more packed cloth I put... the closer too the opening the looser the cloth was.
Now me and the people I work with vape pretty heavily. So all I did was blow every exhale into the tube. And had others do likewise.
At first you could see a little tiny bit come out the other side. but that is only if you blew really hard. Most of it got trapped into the cloth.
After a few days took the end cap off, used a stick too push all the cloth out into a bowl. You could see where the oils had started too accumulate in the cloth. Soaked it in everclear too get all the oil out of the cloth. It wasnt much but I did manage too harvest some nice red tinted oil out of it. Now had I used it bit longer would have harvested more.
Was an experiment that seems too have worked. Now I have no problem harvesting this way, but other people might be put off by the fact it is exhaled vapor (wanted too collect the stuff my lungs was not absorbing)
still gotta mess around with it. Reason I use everclear (besides rinsing the THC out of the cloth) is too hopefully kill off anything that may have started too grow in the cloth from the exhales (didnt see any growth of anything, but you never know.)

out of all the ways too harvest oil from your vapes and the likes... this would be the grossest one I have tried... but it works.. heh.

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

Thanks, I will add to the top thread and people can decide for themselves. I love the idea of creating a filter to catch it. Im gonna pass on trying it as exhaling into other things except my wife is not my idea of enjoying my vape and I really appreciate your input.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom