Opening dispensary cannabis jar accident

noobvaperct

Hear me out here - this is going to sound so fucking stupid but sometimes I exude that aura.

Couple weeks ago I bought some cannabis from a dispensary and for the life of me couldn’t get the plastic jar to open. I have bought cannabis from dispensaries many times prior without the issue I had this time. I know how to follow directions and open jars, this one has to be possessed by some fucking demon, however.

It must have jammed in the process of me trying to man-handle the jar and would no longer budge. Me almost ripping my hand open on the plastic edge grabbed my pocket blade and begin sawing the fucking jar like a god damn caveman trying to cut into his meal.

I finally got the bitch open, but as I was sawing the cunt, I realized to myself, “fuck, I’m probably getting plastic shavings mixed in with my herb now.” Upon prying it open and inspecting, I didn’t really notice much or any plastic at all.

As I was transferring each nug to my stash jar I was carefully inspecting each piece with microscopic scrutiny and blowing on each piece like I was trying to blow out 100 fucking birthday candles hoping I would get any plastic particle removed.

Now, my stupid question to you all is, am I at risk of vaping plastic from me being a monster?

Knewt

Hear me out here - this is going to sound so fucking stupid but sometimes I exude that aura.

Couple weeks ago I bought some cannabis from a dispensary and for the life of me couldn’t get the plastic jar to open. I have bought cannabis from dispensaries many times prior without the issue I had this time. I know how to follow directions and open jars, this one has to be possessed by some fucking demon, however.

It must have jammed in the process of me trying to man-handle the jar and would no longer budge. Me almost ripping my hand open on the plastic edge grabbed my pocket blade and begin sawing the fucking jar like a god damn caveman trying to cut into his meal.

I finally got the bitch open, but as I was sawing the cunt, I realized to myself, “fuck, I’m probably getting plastic shavings mixed in with my herb now.” Upon prying it open and inspecting, I didn’t really notice much or any plastic at all.

As I was transferring each nug to my stash jar I was carefully inspecting each piece with microscopic scrutiny and blowing on each piece like I was trying to blow out 100 fucking birthday candles hoping I would get any plastic particle removed.

Now, my stupid question to you all is, am I at risk of vaping plastic from me being a monster?
I wouldn’t worry about it. Besides you already have micro-plastics in your system.

I sometimes get small amounts of weed in child proof ziplock bags. I just grab the scissors, I don’t even bother to try to open them the way they are intended.

staircase slight of hand

I wouldn’t give it a second thought. The plastic used in this sort of application isn’t brittle enough to produce much dust from the treatment you describe, and the difference between vaping “none” of this plastic and “an invisible but theoretically existent amount” is going to be pretty much immeasurably small, assuming you aren’t severely immuno-compromised.

noobvaperct

I wouldn’t worry about it. Besides you already have micro-plastics in your system.

I sometimes get small amounts of weed in child proof ziplock bags. I just grab the scissors, I don’t even bother to try to open them the way they are intended.

Micro plastics in my system - is that different from vaping small plastic particles? I guess that’s the only thing I’m worried about here.
I wouldn’t give it a second thought. The plastic used in this sort of application isn’t brittle enough to produce much dust from the treatment you describe, and the difference between vaping “none” of this plastic and “an invisible but theoretically existent amount” is going to be pretty much immeasurably small, assuming you aren’t severely immuno-compromised.

I’m not that I know of. So just proceed and enjoy my freshly purchased cannabis then, eh?

Vaporware

I’m paranoid about things like this, so personally I’d at least start at a low temp and see if I tasted anything off as I stepped up. If I really wasn’t sure and I really wanted to use it anyway, I’d use it through water to help filter out any plastic bits.

On the plus side, I doubt the plastic would be hot enough to melt at the temps we use, so I would be more concerned about plastic dust than toxic vapor. I’d judge the amount of dust that might be on it by the amount of dust you saw it creating as you cut it. If you were sawing with a saw that might be a lot. If it was just a smooth knife blade it probably didn’t create much dust. :2c:

noobvaperct

I’m paranoid about things like this, so personally I’d at least start at a low temp and see if I tasted anything off as I stepped up. If I really wasn’t sure and I really wanted to use it anyway, I’d use it through water to help filter out any plastic bits.

On the plus side, I doubt the plastic would be hot enough to melt at the temps we use, so I would be more concerned about plastic dust than toxic vapor. I’d judge the amount of dust that might be on it by the amount of dust you saw it creating as you cut it. If you were sawing with a saw that might be a lot. If it was just a smooth knife blade it probably didn’t create much dust. :2c:

FWIW I saw no dust from what I remember, just little plastic bits. To top it off I bought 28g that day (2 different 14g strains) and no idea what jar I put them in because I have 4 identical jars and label them but that’s it.

I guess just inspect each nug before I grind it/give it a good luck blow? I know I’m the paranoid kind and all I want to do is vape my new cannabis and not have to worry about stupid dumb shit like this.

noobvaperct,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

I get the concern, and I’d have it too, but if you try all of the jars and don’t notice anything wrong you probably don’t need to worry about it…I would, but most people wouldn’t and they’ve survived this long, so... :shrug:

noobvaperct

I get the concern, and I’d have it too, but if you try all of the jars and don’t notice anything wrong you probably don’t need to worry about it…I would, but most people wouldn’t and they’ve survived this long, so... :shrug:

I agree, I’ll just take a look before I enjoy. Thank you for talking sense and for the reassurance.

Top Bottom