Tek On the Demonization of PEG

Deleted Member 1643

I was thinking of buying some Limonene or Pinene... I also like the sound of a couple of the other terpenes. Would this be a good idea?

Little experience with terpenes. Believe there's been some controversy recently with a supplier in the canna space misrepresenting their product. Buyer beware.

I bought a Smok Vape Pen 22, 1650 mAh.

A small sub-ohm bottom air-flow tank. Might work. Does it leak?

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: Grubby_Pawn

Grubby_Pawn

There's also something else I'm not too sure of and that is the need of decarb'ing the oil. Don't the vape pens reach a high enough temp to make this happen as it does with combustion? The only decarbing I've ever done is for edibles. Even hash oil and honey oil I'd simply combust them either in a joint, a bong, or a pipe alongside some dried flowers. That was before vapes arrived. Also before I got around to actually trusting vapes as a delivery mechanism.

Grubby_Pawn,

Deleted Member 1643

This thread is straying off-topic. Maybe continue on one of the many canna e-liquid threads.

It hasn't arrived yet. I bought it as a starter pen. If I like the whole thing then I don't mind paying for quality. I was thinking of buying from here: https://www.terpenes-uk.co.uk/product-page/linalool

It's not mainly a question of quality but rather of type. There are many different ways to vape e-juice. With a bottom airflow tank, leaking through the air-holes is the first potential problem that comes to mind. Another is the replaceable coil. IME, an RDA or RDTA gives more control and less opportunity for waste.

Believe that company used to carry the True Terpenes product that was revealed to contain no terpenes whatsoever and is likely re-bottled mineral oil. Doesn't inspire confidence. They're currently out of stock.

An MSDS was from Sigma-Aldrich. If that's what they're re-bottling, you can buy that or similar directly from a specialty chemical company.

There's also something else I'm not too sure of and that is the need of decarb'ing the oil. Don't the vape pens reach a high enough temp to make this happen as it does with combustion?

It does, decarbing just makes dissolving in minimal PEG easier.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

Grubby_Pawn

Thank you for that information on the terpenes. I'll check out the specialty chemical companies.

Thanks also for being so willing to share your knowledge. People like yourself are the backbone of the internet. Cheers.

Grubby_Pawn,

Deleted Member 1643

No problem. Not saying you should buy terpenes from a specialty chemical company, that's just where this company appears to be getting theirs. Good luck.

Deleted Member 1643,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
This is like an acupuncturist publishing a scientific paper. Who would take that seriously?

Acupuncture works when done by a competent pracitioner and is now taught at university level in the UK. Chinese medicine is incredibly sophisticated. Some things cannot be proven using the scientific method but that doesn't make them fake.

There is no long term evidence for what PEG (and glycerine for that matter) may do to the lungs after chronic use... i prefer to err on the side of caution when it come to this.

PEG is not far from propylene glycol, which is pretty nasty stuff...

Vaping e- liquid should not be a lifestyle but a way to quit smoking. Snorting (powder or liquid extract) is a tried and tested way to use tobacco- it has been pracrticed in south america for millennia.

I gave up vaping e-liquid because even though I was using organic VG and nicotine and nothing else, it dehydrated my throat, making it constantly sore. This is bound to lead to disease...

Similary, we don't know what the repercussions of inhaling terpenes on a daily basis may be in the long term so I will only vape liquids when travelling as it is more convenient to conceal and takes a lot less battery juice. For using on a regular basis I will stick to pure herb or pure extracts.

I was thinking of buying some Limonene or Pinene
These cannot be used for vaping. Only odourless terpenes!

In both cases, they assured me that all terps that go into the final product came out of cannabis during processing in their facility
Personally I do not believe a word uttered by anyone in that industry....the BS is off the scale and will continue until regulated...

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Reactions: davesmith

Grubby_Pawn

Ah, man... it's disgusting. I tried some ordinary hash oil with it. No decarb as I wanted to hold onto the flavour. I also only used the 70/30 VG/PG as the PEG 400 hasn't arrived yet. Not only was it horrible but it was really harsh on my throat. I had to take small hits but it tasted disgusting, hurt my throat, and just doesn't seem worth it.

I don't understand. This can't be right. I see lots of people on Youtube vaping pre-filled cartridges. Am I doing something wrong or is this what I can expect even if I bought some pre-filled THC cartridges?

Grubby_Pawn,

Deleted Member 1643

Hate to break it to you, but PEG tastes even worse than PG. Fifty years ago, tourist traps sometimes had souvenir vending machines for kids. You'd feed your quarters into its slot, molten plastic would fill a mold, and the machine would dispense your still warm plastic knick-knack. Smelled just like PEG tastes.

Did the oil stay in solution with VG in the mix?

Deleted Member 1643,

Grubby_Pawn

Did the oil stay in solution with VG in the mix?

It broke up pretty quickly but I was able to vape it and get a hit. I figured it would be good as I was going to hit it instantly.

This is a real shame. I was looking forward to being able to vape in public. I'll probably end up trying to sort a drop-off on the dark web. I just hate all that Bitcoin stuff - well, more specifically, the charges for buying them.

Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Grubby_Pawn,

Deleted Member 1643

Are you sure it wasn't a dry hit? If the cotton wick is dry when you hit it, it's remarkably harsh. With tanks, you need to let the coil soak for a few minutes first.

You can probably find a discussion of the hardest-hitting pre-filled carts elsewhere on FC. Only tried one once about five years ago - tasted nice, but didn't feel much in the way of effects.

Deleted Member 1643,

Grubby_Pawn

Thank you very much. I will check out some more as I'm not quite ready to give up. I did pour some PG over the coil and allowed some to soak, but I could well have been too impatient with it.

Grubby_Pawn,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ah, man... it's disgusting. I tried some ordinary hash oil with it. No decarb as I wanted to hold onto the flavour. I also only used the 70/30 VG/PG as the PEG 400 hasn't arrived yet. Not only was it horrible but it was really harsh on my throat. I had to take small hits but it tasted disgusting, hurt my throat, and just doesn't seem worth it.

I don't understand. This can't be right. I see lots of people on Youtube vaping pre-filled cartridges. Am I doing something wrong or is this what I can expect even if I bought some pre-filled THC cartridges?
Most prefilled thc cartridges dont use any peg/pg or vg anymore.

Theyre all either
distillate/co2 oil with or without added terpenes or live resin liquid or live rosin

Mynameismud,

Tranquility

The "demonization" continues. The mRNA vaccine can get a strong reaction if not introduced properly. That "properly", in this case, includes nanoencaptualization of the vaccine with polyethylene glycol.

They're thinking the reactions to vaccine might be sourced to the PEG.

Nanoparticles May Be the Culprit in Rare COVID Vaccine Allergic Reactions

Interesting quote from the article and relevant to some here:
Some allergists and immunologists believe a small number of people previously exposed to PEG may have high levels of antibodies against PEG, putting them at risk of an anaphylactic reaction to the vaccine.

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
PEG is widely used in consumer products - toothpaste laxative cosmetics. PEG was thought to be bio inert, but if the body creates antibodies to PEG, it isn't. ... 73% have antibodies to PEG. if i can believe the studies i have seen. never used in a vaccine before. expected allergic reaction to prior vaccines is 1 in a million. with mRNA+PEG vaccine so far it is 6 in 1/4 million = 24 in 1 million. probably more people die of bee stings, eh?

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom