Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Does anyone know if the omicron v2 charger will work for 14500 3.7v batteries the person said they use it for 14650 batteries right now...

Mynameismud,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Does anyone know if the omicron v2 charger will work for 14500 3.7v batteries the person said they use it for 14650 batteries right now...

14500 Li io or Li Mag (aka imr)

They will work on the omicron charger.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

rcflo

It's recommended that those 14500's be charged at a slower rate. The ultrafire wf188 and some other aftermarket liion chargers have 300mAh charging options or other "slower than" 650mAh rates that the stock omicron charger charges at. Your batteries will most definitely charge at the faster rate, and charge faster for that matter... But life and overall performance of the battery will significantly diminish over time when charging at higher rates.
Just a heads up, enjoy your 14500's, they are great, powerful little batteries.

kevbotzilla

my friend just got back from a trip to Florida and said he spent the whole week on the beach and at theme parks hitting his o-phos the entire time and says he didn't get a single odd look. I would say that is the best bet for what you are looking for. I believe the o-phos is a replacement for the v1 because of charging issues so I would stay away from that. I would rather have the profile of an e-cig with the heat shield on the o-phos because I feel it is more discrete. If you are going to get one without the heat shield you might as well go for a v2/2.5 because of the options/attachments that are available for it

Spot on. the heat shield on a silver ophos makes it look almost the same as my vaporall ecig battery and since i use the carts and tanks interchangeably on the ecig no one bats an eye when i have the ophos out in the smoking courtyard at work on a break. The Lite is way more obvious since it goes from a thick battery to a skinny cart without the tapering the heat shield provides. I 200% agree that if you go that route just get the V2.5 but I dont think that has USB passthrough for charging.

Silvercloud538

Spot on. the heat shield on a silver ophos makes it look almost the same as my vaporall ecig battery and since i use the carts and tanks interchangeably on the ecig no one bats an eye when i have the ophos out in the smoking courtyard at work on a break. The Lite is way more obvious since it goes from a thick battery to a skinny cart without the tapering the heat shield provides. I 200% agree that if you go that route just get the V2.5 but I dont think that has USB passthrough for charging.

This patient use to swear by USB ,pass-thru (O-Phos) ,but w/ new Batt technology ( ie.,* Ultrafire

14650's Protected Li-Ion 3.7v ,$6.49 ea ) ~ just make sure the batts are in '"sealed"' plastic wraps (some

wholesalers hav tendencies to re-cycle returned weaker/used batts ! )

Psst* have time trialed '2' batts @ 24-36 hrs ( hvy use ) ! ! ! :-)

Silvercloud538,
Reactions: nao12000

Betelgeuse

I'm the ghost with the most
So, I'm trying to set up a travel kit for my omicron, but i can't think of a good way to travel with a loaded cart. My question to you fine gentlemen is how to properly carry a cart that won't result in misfortune and heartache. Not to mention a sticky mess.

Betelgeuse,
Reactions: OF

Betelgeuse

White plugs? I think I need a five pack of carts. lol Also, I did think of something else that works. Those rubber bands that come on broccoli or asparagus. They are wide enough to cover the open ends and if you double wrap with one band it's nice and tight and forms a seal. It's like a rubber skin for the cart.

Betelgeuse,

exit

I took 2 known working carts, tried to measure the resistance of them on my multimeter, but it would bounce around between 0.1 and 0.8 ohms and then maybe show the correct resistance for a split second before saying "overload" and then keep spitting out crazy numbers.

Is this a sign of a crappy multimeter? It wasn't a very expensive digital one (the cheapest on amazon actually) but I feel like it shouldn't be doing this... especially since I know the two carts (one 2.4 one 5.0) both work fine.

exit,
I took 2 known working carts, tried to measure the resistance of them on my multimeter, but it would bounce around between 0.1 and 0.8 ohms and then maybe show the correct resistance for a split second before saying "overload" and then keep spitting out crazy numbers.

Is this a sign of a crappy multimeter? It wasn't a very expensive digital one (the cheapest on amazon actually) but I feel like it shouldn't be doing this... especially since I know the two carts (one 2.4 one 5.0) both work fine.
It may be a cheap meter, but this sounds exactly like difficulties placing and/or holding the probes in contact with the correct points.
There was a good reason both OF and I explained why and how we place the probes so they don't slip and slide too much.
A third trick - good for fat-fingered people like me is to use tape - plain old masking tape - and tape one probe to the outside of the cart; This should prevent slipping and if done carefully will give you good contact. Then use your eyes and fingers to touch the center conductor at the bottom.

When the probes slip, the meter will swing wildly as it goes between measuring a short (if the probe at the bottom touches the sides) to an open circuit if the probe on the body slips or turns, to your body resistance (if you're touching both probes but don't have good contact with the device under test).

Most sets of probes are meant for and work fine on circuit boards with test pads - for everything else, well that's why you can buy so many sets of probes (I must have more than a half dozen different types, but all I ever use are the spikes, clips and the Hall effect loop).

-NDA

exit

It did actually turn out to be a problem with my multimeter but I fixed it. It has 3 jacks for the 2 leads and you need to re arrange them every time you switch modes which I didn't know about. Cheap meter.

exit,

Betelgeuse

So i got a cartomizer. But i think there is a problem. Correct me if i'm wrong but if the wic doesnt go all the way down, it won't work properly right?
mhvup4.jpg

Betelgeuse,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
as long as you wet the wick you'll be fine

i found an electronica group that goes by omicron (thanks to abysmal vapors)

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok guys quick update on the 3.7v i tested today and also Blaze was testing.

My testing on how long the battery will last is as follows.

Look for results of our 3.7v Hercules Oil testing tomorrow. It looks promising.

So far we have these batteries that ran through the testing.

14650 Generic IMR will last around 10 mins. ( works ok )

14500 AW IMR will last around 7 min. ( works best in this situation )

18650 AW IMR will last around 25 min. ( work best in this situation )

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What is the difference between the omicron v2 and the v2.5. Im thinking about picking up the V2 for 74.99 is the 2.5 have anything special that makes it worth the extra money? And after skimming this page im concerned about leakage? Do the standart cartridges leak often/easily?

Mynameismud,

Silvercloud538

guys its looking better and better and this week well get more testers chiming in on how the Hercules works on the Omicron.

Since having such great results ( +/- 24 hrs discharge ,consistantly ) w /new

batts ( UltraFire 14650 protected @ 3.7 V @ 1300 mAh ) ,would like to see how

they holdup in the SR-71 ? ( maybe > 10-15 min ?? )

Last edited by a moderator:
Silvercloud538,

clukx

@Mynameismud ive been a lurker on this site for over a year but i registered just now to answer your post :p
i was in the same exact boat a few months ago!
the v2.5 does not have a timeout on how long you can hold the button down (forever if you want on the 2.5) and the v2.5 is waterproof i got the v2.5 because its waterproof and just because newer is better almost always!

clukx,

Silvercloud538

@Mynameismud ive been a lurker on this site for over a year but i registered just now to answer your post :p
i was in the same exact boat a few months ago!
the v2.5 does not have a timeout on how long you can hold the button down (forever if you want on the 2.5) and the v2.5 is waterproof i got the v2.5 because its waterproof and just because newer is better almost always!

Clukx ,glad to see your "coming out-of-the-closet" after a year :-) ~ there's always plenty to see /learn in this

forum ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Silvercloud538,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom