Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

eln00b

This is kind of confusing to me. If you "went through a bunch of eliquid" but didn't get vapor, where did it go? Leak out? Move to a parallel dimension?

its producing very little vapor....but it is producing some....I dont get much more than a head buzz and no vapor when i exhale...if i dont inhale but just puff I can see the small amounts of vapor.

Measured the resistance...it is a 2.5ohm.

Maybe its the eliquid. It propylene glycol + bho according to the guy who gave it to me. He normally has top notch shatter so I assumed this stuff would be pretty good too. I could try it sublingual to test potency i guess....i think...im not even sure. :)

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me. You guys are helpful. One day I hope to be helpful back...[/quote][/quote]

eln00b,

TooShort

This is kind of confusing to me. If you "went through a bunch of eliquid" but didn't get vapor, where did it go? Leak out? Move to a parallel dimension?

Something's up here, my 2.5 Ohm CE4s have no trouble making huge volumes of vapor from Pure Gold or VG tinctures with Omicron V2 on 3.7 Volts.....

I think the cases are definitely outsourced as part of the complete package, but they are selected and labeled so some thought went into the selection and configuration. I think the intent is to keep the 'other stuff' (charge cable, loading tool, empty carts, containers of concentrates, lighter, etc.) handy while the unit itself travels with the owner? Most guys I know keep it in a handy pocket. Persei doesn't even have a case but comes with a better box since it has to carry the charger, spare head, spare batteries and so on.

I assume you're talking about V1, O-Phos, or Omicron Light, V2 has a different sort of case with no loops?

I suggest you consider some 'doob tubes' to carry your loaded carts in, they're smell proof and keep your carts clean:
http://www.planetvape.ca/doob-tubes.html

OF

lol you know what's funny is my local collective gave me a free doob and I asked them where they got the tube thinking the same thing. They just laughed and asked if I thought it was cool, I don't think they realized I seriously wanted to know.

Also I'm talking about the case from http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-Carry-Case

TooShort,
Reactions: OF

OF

lol you know what's funny is my local collective gave me a free doob and I asked them where they got the tube thinking the same thing.

Also I'm talking about the case from http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-Carry-Case

Yeah, the tubes are handy, also good for keeping a preground bud for use in other vapes. I've got a cardboard box with half a dozen or so strains in tubes. Great for impulse trips to the garden, grab a vape, select a tube and go......

BTW, for Omicron carts I stuff a bit of cloth in the bottom first so they don't rattle, and in case any drip.

Yup, that's the case all right. Came stock on all but V2 AFAIK. Handy, but IMO more for storage than travel. Good cases, but mine don't get much use.

OF

OF,
Reactions: toros23

Smoke1ForMe

Just checking in. I am on my second g of wax in the omicron light and it is working flawlessly. I love the freedom of this thing, I take it everywhere I go and the best part about it is that you don't have to refill it out on the go.

Hey THC any update on the 1701 carts?

exit

Picture time!!!!

Got a new 5 pack of 2.4's today, i have a mix of old and new style carts! Also don't compliment me on my beer choices because I don't drink haha but my friend loves IPAs... I actually really like a flattened out 6 pack for loading carts! It's flat and sturdy enough to hold the carts :tup:
AqZE7Vpl.jpg

And here they are, 5g of 4 different waxes in 5 different carts!! One is a megamix of all 4 at once :freak:
4o5qjGXl.jpg

I love my O-PHOS too... I take it everywhere with me and it looks less sketchy than most e-cigs :rockon:

Yesterday I was at my friends GRADUATION, in the tent, chilling on my O-PHOS for 4 hours straight. NO PROBLEM! Probably helped there was a nice breeze and people smoking cigs but whatever :lol:

OF

And here they are, 5g of 4 different waxes in 5 different carts!! One is a megamix of all 4 at once

I love my O-PHOS too... I take it everywhere with me and it looks less sketchy than most e-cigs

Very pretty. I have a similar wad with a rubber band around the tubes to keep them together. Here's a tip, I put a small piece of folded up cloth (paper towel would work) in the bottom of the tube, it keeps them from sticking should they leak and keeps them from rattling around if they don't.

You're right O-Phos (and Omicron Light) is more refined and useful to us than 'most e-cigs'.

OF

OF,
Reactions: exit

exit

By the way, totally unrelated, but one of my older 2.4's tastes TERRIBLE! Almost like a really bad garlicish aftertaste... none of my other carts have it! It's only got like .3 left but damn I have never tasted something like that... :uhoh:

All my other carts (and all the new ones) taste good though :)

OF

By the way, totally unrelated, but one of my older 2.4's tastes TERRIBLE! Almost like a really bad garlicish aftertaste... none of my other carts have it! It's only got like .3 left but damn I have never tasted something like that... :uhoh:

Bummer, but it (obviously) happens. It's most likely burn seal or over cooked oil from running too dry. .3 grams should be enough to prevent this, but perhaps there's an air bubble or even the wicks fouling out. With practice you'll probably pick up on the production drop off in time to investigate it before something overheats.

In the end it's a ten dollar cart with about that much in now contaminated concentrate. IMO best to abandon it and forge onward.....

OF

farscaper

It has been some time since i dabbled with Omi carts, i see that they have made some changes to the carts, can someone explain the changes made? I recall vaguely the mention of a second heater to help feed the atomizer, but was that present on the previous style carts?

farscaper,
Reactions: OF

TooShort

Quick question, am I supposed to oxidize the ce4 cartomizers, guessing yes from the funny taste. Hoping it'll just go away with time.

TooShort,

poonman

another quick question ;
what's the main differences between
' Cartridges ' and ' Cartomizers ' ???
Can the 510 Cartomizers be used on the Omicron Light ?

poonman,

OF

It has been some time since i dabbled with Omi carts, i see that they have made some changes to the carts, can someone explain the changes made? I recall vaguely the mention of a second heater to help feed the atomizer, but was that present on the previous style carts?

No, the carts are basically the same, they've always had two heaters (of equal value). There have been more powers added, but all have two heaters and split the power evenly between heating the reservoir and making vapor.

There have been some improvements in cleaning that improved the initial taste. What 'pre oxidizing' might have been advisable at one point is no longer....don't do dry burns. Lately there seems to be a bridge change giving a bit more room in loading.

After the latest style carts came out (with the values printed on them) there seems to be a larger span of weights when empty and most seem lighter than the original (unmarked) carts.

They're just about ready to test the long awaited 'leakproof' cart, but it probably won't be shipping for a month or two at best?

OF

itschad

Hey guys, so i had ordered a g pen yesterday and today decided im going to ship it back for a refund as its just a re-labeled e-cig. Pretty sure I'm going to buy an omicron v2 today but I want to be certain I order everything I need.

I intend to use it for vaporizing BHO shatters and wax, and glycerin tinctures.

so of course ill need the omicron http://www.delta9vapes.com/products...ble-Essential-Oil-Vaporizer-V2.5-Matte-Silver

i already ordered an extract cartidge https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html which i guess ill use my shatters/wax's in

and then what do i need for my tinctures? one of these? http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=CE4-Cartomizer-2.5-ohm-

and I guess the hercules chamber down the road if i want to do buds?

itschad,

DubCRider

Welcome to FC!

You have definitely done your reading, I agree with it all. If you want to know what the G-Pen is like you can also order an Ego-W cart.

Start with a 2.4ohm cart and use them till you master them. A 1.5ohm will be better suited for shatter but will also cause more issues to come up if your not familiar with how the carts work. Enjoy and let us know how everything works for you.

itschad

Okay, thanks. and was i correct about the ce4 cartomizer for the tincture? or can i put that in the 2.4ohm as well?

itschad,

OF

Okay, thanks. and was i correct about the ce4 cartomizer for the tincture? or can i put that in the 2.4ohm as well?

For sure the man knows what he's talking about with the 'stick with the 2.4s' advice.

The CE4 is good for tincture use, it (tincture) doesn't work well in normal Omicron carts.....that's where you really do want e-cig stuff (since 'juice' is a tincture), the reservoir heater will be working against you with Omicron carts.

OF

TooShort

Ok I've got this c02 extract called Canna Nectar, not sure if I should put it in a cart or ce4. I'm guessing cartridge is safer, but I bought it originally thinking it would fit in the ce4. Here's a pic of the product, it looks and smells pretty much like honey...
nectar.jpg

TooShort,

poonman

Ok I've got this c02 extract called Canna Nectar, not sure if I should put it in a cart or ce4. I'm guessing cartridge is safer, but I bought it originally thinking it would fit in the ce4. Here's a pic of the product, it looks and smells pretty much like honey...
nectar.jpg

I've put budda/wax made with the CO2 method in the cartridges .
It works like a charm .
I don't own any ce4's , so can't help you there .

What's Canna Nectar ?
Is there THC in it , or is it just for flavor hits ?

poonman,

TooShort

I've put budda/wax made with the CO2 method in the cartridges .
It works like a charm .
I don't own any ce4's , so can't help you there .

What's Canna Nectar ?
Is there THC in it , or is it just for flavor hits ?

Better be THC in it was pretty pricey for a gram, well guess I'll find out when I fill a cart with it lol.

TooShort,
Reactions: poonman

OF

Better be THC in it was pretty pricey for a gram, well guess I'll find out when I fill a cart with it lol.

I've seen mention of it, but never seen 'the stuff' in person. Aren't there different versions? I'm a big fan of CO2 extracts, if that's what it is I think you're in for a treat. Please keep us informed? TIA

I'd for sure load a 2.4 Ohm cart, not a CE4 or anything like that. If it's a typical extract you want the reservoir heater on your side. Remember, only load half the gram to start with, weigh the cart dry so you'll know when you're near the .2 gram refill point and be sure to preheat the center section of the cart before melting the goods down from the loading tool. Otherwise, it should prime up and feed well I think.

Good luck with it.

OF

kilsash2027

Hi all, I've been viewing the forums for a while now and finally became a member because I have some questions/opinions/reviews regarding the omicron v2.5.

I have had the unit for almost a year now. It was a learning curve for a month or so but I seem to have mastered out all the kinks. I don't know if anyone is having the same issues, but you can hopefully aid me. So some back story.

I've noticed the omicron's peak voltage is at 4.24v when fully charged. Once the voltage reaches about 3.9 volts, there is almost no visible vapor, and a battery change is necessary (before the unit blinks and tells you low battery). So I've had to invest in a few additional batteries to keep handy while on trips. (has anyone else experienced this as well?) I've also had to use the 1.5 ohm carts. because with the 2.4 ohm, I haven't got much visible vapor. I've had played around with various consistencies ex. wax, oil, taffy, etc. and I've noticed the wax works the best (melts nice and easy into the cart) but sill need to use the 1.5 ohm. My only issues with the carts is omicron doesn't recommend cleaning them out. What is the issue for this? So many other carts on the market allow you to soak in ISO. I've read here and on the wiki site that users also refill the carts more than once with no known issues. I myself have refilled carts, but after the 2nd or 3rd refill, it starts to get clogged and not user friendly (I can fix it by playing around with it, but it is no fun especially when you need it working at a critical moment and you can't fuss with it) . I find myself after over a year, have gone through 12 carts. Being ten bucks a pop, it is not so economical for me. ( I also make sure the cart typically has no more than .6 in at a time, cart typically weighing a total 8.3 + or - .1 based on cart weight variances.

I have used other carts on my omicron before (ex. pre bought e-cig with 810 thread and liquid e-cig with the 510 thread). Works great.

I am looking for a cart that would work well on the omicron where I would not have to keep buying cart after cart. For example, the top dart loader from thermovape:

Seems like that would work great with the omicron but I am not positive. I've already invested a good amount of money into this device (spare batteries, special mouth pieces, chargers, carts, etc.) and really don't want to change to a new device. Rather just figure out a better cart OR
has anyone had success soaking the cart in ISO, then refilling. OR any other comments to help me out would with my device would be great! Thanks!

kilsash2027,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Hi all, I've been viewing the forums for a while now and finally became a member because I have some questions/opinions/reviews regarding the omicron v2.5.

I have had the unit for almost a year now. It was a learning curve for a month or so but I seem to have mastered out all the kinks. I don't know if anyone is having the same issues, but you can hopefully aid me. So some back story.

I've noticed the omicron's peak voltage is at 4.24v when fully charged. Once the voltage reaches about 3.9 volts, there is almost no visible vapor, and a battery change is necessary (before the unit blinks and tells you low battery). So I've had to invest in a few additional batteries to keep handy while on trips. (has anyone else experienced this as well?) I've also had to use the 1.5 ohm carts. because with the 2.4 ohm, I haven't got much visible vapor. I've had played around with various consistencies ex. wax, oil, taffy, etc. and I've noticed the wax works the best (melts nice and easy into the cart) but sill need to use the 1.5 ohm. My only issues with the carts is omicron doesn't recommend cleaning them out. What is the issue for this? So many other carts on the market allow you to soak in ISO. I've read here and on the wiki site that users also refill the carts more than once with no known issues. I myself have refilled carts, but after the 2nd or 3rd refill, it starts to get clogged and not user friendly (I can fix it by playing around with it, but it is no fun especially when you need it working at a critical moment and you can't fuss with it) . I find myself after over a year, have gone through 12 carts. Being ten bucks a pop, it is not so economical for me. ( I also make sure the cart typically has no more than .6 in at a time, cart typically weighing a total 8.3 + or - .1 based on cart weight variances.

I have used other carts on my omicron before (ex. pre bought e-cig with 810 thread and liquid e-cig with the 510 thread). Works great.

I am looking for a cart that would work well on the omicron where I would not have to keep buying cart after cart. For example, the top dart loader from thermovape:

Seems like that would work great with the omicron but I am not positive. I've already invested a good amount of money into this device (spare batteries, special mouth pieces, chargers, carts, etc.) and really don't want to change to a new device. Rather just figure out a better cart OR
has anyone had success soaking the cart in ISO, then refilling. OR any other comments to help me out would with my device would be great! Thanks!

Delta9 is actually close to releasing their new load as you go style carts. G announced it about a week or so back.

Top Bottom