Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
toxic1212 said:
rufrothy said:
toxic1212 said:
so ya my chargers prong came out, had it for two weeks. but i bought my omicron from a dispensary here in murrieta and now i don't think the 60 day warranty applies to me because no real online receipt. This sucks cause i just loaded A G of NASA wax and got it hitting great. POOP this sucks i guess i'll vape flower for a while...Other then the charger business no complaints

open a ticket with Support at THC Scientifics website and they will take care of you or you can always deal with the retailer from which you purchased the unit.

http://supportsystem.livehelpnow.net/new_ticket.aspx?cid=8939

good news, I went to the clinic I bought the unit at and they just said "o really? Here we extras have a great day" I was shocked at how cool it was they give me a new charger.
The best news is I can hit all this great wax I have :p
Hell ya. Awesome, what did you get?

Jeppy,

toxic1212

heres the nasa wax
nasa1.jpg

nasa2.jpg

toxic1212,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
SoundBoss said:
Update! Mixed feelings though... So I examined the unit I used yesterday, and I cleaned out most of the gunk but the threads as well as the shaft of the cartridge are super sticky... and I do think it may have been the wrong stuff as well, because I extracted a good amount of it this morning and it is pretty thin and black, like the way it drips doesn't look too hefty... After emptying out most of the cartridge and cleaning it as much as I could I gave it another whirl... BIG HITS! NO LEAKS! So there may be hope yet... I'm just trying to figure out where exactly it all went wrong so I don't have any repeats!

@ Sh4dowdrifter : I actually filled my own cart the first time and got little to no vapor from the unit, but that extract was also SUPER thick.

Otherwise I suppose I'm just going through a prolonged learning curve with it, and I admit I SHOULD have gone back to the collective but at the same time, I too work in customer service and didn't want to be "that guy"... on the chance that it DID end up being something I fucked up personally. Other than that, I think its earned another shot... I just need to find people outside of this forum who won't steer me wrong when I bring up these concerns >.<

Fair enough but if you paid $60 for some dark black ISO oil then you also got robbed. you might want to find a more compassionate dispsensary. That should be $35 max and $30 at many.

I was in your boat. I had tons of issues before I got this thing mastered. There wasn't a FAQ or even a manual at that time but there is a ton of good information here that will help the new user.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron

ru_frothi,
OF said:
However, thin hits is another issue. My bet is the loading is the problem. To work the cart needs to have the concentrate in a solid mass (no bubbles or other holidays). The key to a solid hit is having the 'wet' ends of the wick in liquid oil, which generally means heat. For that reason there's a heater of equal power on the outside of the furnace body. If there are gaps in your load, that's not going to happen, sooner or later it's gonna 'vapor lock' like a Ford V8 on a hot day.

When loaded normally, the mass is mostly melted as a single lump and drops into the (hopefully preheated) tube and slides all the way down before it 'clots'. It has to drain free of the walls as well. I can't see how that happens loading the way you did. I think you'll need to carefully melt the load down, but first you'll need to put more in. Half a gram is marginal anyway and to have it stuck here and there in the tank isn't helping.

Anyway, some careful but serious heating may be in store for you. I've done it, it works if you're careful not to get the bottom part too hot (were the seals are). I roll the cart in one hand just below the mid point and heat the tube all around just above that. The stainless conducts heat downward poorly, the idea is to get heat into the oil inside and let the hot oil carry it down under your fingers. I've also considered sealing the base water tight and standing it in hot water for an hour or so, which I'm sure would flood the furnace, but that can be cleared

Your advice about more thorough heating of the cartridge, as well as a little aggressive priming and a very low draw rate, got it hitting like a champ. Cheers, OF! Everyone else's input was appreciated as well. We'll see how this battery life lasts now after a full charge.

charliedontsurf,

DubCRider

SoundBoss said:
So I think I'm officially done with the Omicron. I stopped by Vapor Room SF yesterday to pick up one of their pre-loaded cartridges. What I'm going to say next happened within a span of about 3 minutes. I left the collective, walked two blocks to my bus stop, all the while holding the cartridge upright in my pocket. I sat down, screwed the top onto the vape and tested for air-flow to which there was NONE. I primed it twice for 4 seconds, and as always, drew air from the cart ever-so-slowly and with caution for about 2 seconds.... I hear a pop, and immediately about 1/3 of the extract is up in the mouthpiece! I've never said "Oh, what the SHIT!!?!?!" so loud in my life! I found a place to sit down and examine the cartridge, I removed the heat shield and extract was profusely leaking out of the bottom, all over the bottom of the cart, into the threads, down into the battery of the omicron, to the point that I don't even know if its USEABLE anymore! To add insult to injury, only 5 minutes earlier I'd just bought the damn thing for $60, and since I didn't have any smaller bills on me, told the guy who checked me out to 'keep the change'. I just drained the cart and there's MAYBE 1/3 of a gram of extract in there... I lost 2/3 of the content within its first 5 minutes in my possession. I contacted PlanetVape about returning it after that, and apparently it would be their first return ever of the product so I seriously have to wonder am I cursed or something? because I follow all the instructions and follow all the advice I'm given in meticulous detail, but for some reason I encounter a tremendous amount of difficulty with a product that everybody else has nothing but praise for. Before I go through with the return, can someone please elaborate on this? I'd like to think that it was a personal error, but testing the product out under two different circumstances/variables and having them both end in anger, frustration and disappointment can't ENTIRELY be a coincidence...

SoundBoss- Drop me an email if you are still having issues.

John@thcscientific.com

DubCRider,

OF

charliedontsurf said:
Your advice about more thorough heating of the cartridge, as well as a little aggressive priming and a very low draw rate, got it hitting like a champ. Cheers, OF! Everyone else's input was appreciated as well. We'll see how this battery life lasts now after a full charge.

Hey, great news! Sounds like you're back on track. You're most welcome, glad to help when I can.

Thanks for passing the good word, I don't know about you but I like happy endings!

Enjoy your continuing adventures.

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
3 Ohm Carts on a ThermoVape Revolution using Gentleman's RX adapter with some nice BHO oil. While loading these carts is a pain they are awesome. The no limit on powering is awesome and just gave me a very large hit, way more than I thought it would or when I used the stock model from the delivery service I use. I am wary of the cart leaking issues I read about and seen, but other than that, very solid carts you have here THC, bravo.

BudBuddy,

toxic1212

so I have a cart thats weighing heavy not sure whats up with it.
this is a empty cart
IMAG0053.jpg

This is the cart in question. i put .9 in it 3 days ago hitting on it about 20 6sec presses per day. and its at 9.04
IMAG0051.jpg

toxic1212,

DubCRider

I know the 5ohm cart was considerably heavier than a current empty, perhaps you got lucky!

DubCRider,

DubCRider

No idea how it hits on an Omicron personally. I gave one a nice workout on the Persei at 6v and 7.4v during a demo. I'll try it on my Omicron soon and report.

DubCRider,
does anyone know where i can get a replacement battery for omicron sold seperately?or a battery that it compatible with the omicron? thanks:peace:

hiddenvisons,

DubCRider

The battery in the Omicron can't be removed. I'm pretty sure doing so would void your warranty.

DubCRider,
My cart when I got it I weighed it was 7.8 :( I don't know if that is heavy or not. I don't have a scale so I can't measure how much is left. I put a gram of some good Blueberry C02 in it. How do you know when you are getting low if you don't have a scale? Should there be anything I am looking for? I've been puffin on it for just over a month and it's still hitting like a champ.

Dawn

sh4dowdrifter,

DubCRider

7.8-7.9g is the weight of an empty 2ohm cart. You will know its low when the hits get thin.

DubCRider,

OF

DubCRider said:
7.8-7.9g is the weight of an empty 2ohm cart. You will know its low when the hits get thin.

They do vary some, however. The lightest one (of maybe a dozen) I've seen was 7.655 grams, the heaviest 8.106. Both filled and ran normally, I've no idea where the weigh difference comes from.

IMO it's best to know the empty weight. You can expect it to slow up with .1 or .2 left, sometimes a bit more (I think when too much sticks to the walls?). Sometimes some careful heat has got them going for me again, other times I had to put more concentrate in. For sure if there's still five or more dollars of concentrate in the still working cart it's not yet time to throw it out.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
Well, this has to be just about my most favorite, and easiest "mod" I've done to any of my tools yet!

1) Cut the top 0.25" or so off the top of the mouthpiece
2) Take the little 3" drawstem from your MFLB (if you have one)
3) Insert into top of mouthpiece until it bottoms out and hits the metal flue of the cartridge the mouthpiece is on. (edit: Just to clarify, don't push it *all* the way down, you need to give it some room so the oil that flows up and out of the flue can drip back down, otherwise it goes up the clear tube spattering and the likes. push the drawtube down until its just barely above the flue :) )

... voila! You get:

1) Visible vapor - I can see the drawstem while I'm taking my hit so I can gauge my draw speed by watching the vapor thickness
2) You can go for weeks without the mouthpiece staining/turning brown. I've been using the pic above daily for about a week now, and the outside is turning brown likely from my fingers touching and handling the mouthpiece after filling and changing carts, etc. The vapor does not come in contact with the silicon mouthpiece (well mostly), and instead travels straight up the drawstem about 95% of its path.
3) Hmm.. actually I guess just those 2 are it. But it's so easy, totally worthwhile imo!

:D

8kZN9.jpg

ganjapharma

nice one kertong.

i have a glass tube that fits snugly over the silicone mouthpiece i call it the "omicron training wheels."

whenever someone gets the orientation from me, i pop that on their omi so they can see the vapor thickness, it really helps get the concept of the perfect draw across. one o my buddies told me he was getting hyperventalated trying to get a decent hit, was about to toss his omi in the trash (actually he said he was gonna use it as a plant marker). the clear tube did the trick, now he gets clouds.

i think a bit of clear tube should go into the vaporpedia as a way to get the hitting tek down.

ganjapharma,

hatfieldsmama

kertong said:
Well, this has to be just about my most favorite, and easiest "mod" I've done to any of my tools yet!

1) Cut the top 0.25" or so off the top of the mouthpiece
2) Take the little 3" drawstem from your MFLB (if you have one)
3) Insert into top of mouthpiece until it bottoms out and hits the metal flue of the cartridge the mouthpiece is on.

... voila! You get:

1) Visible vapor - I can see the drawstem while I'm taking my hit so I can gauge my draw speed by watching the vapor thickness
2) You can go for weeks without the mouthpiece staining/turning brown. I've been using the pic above daily for about a week now, and the outside is turning brown likely from my fingers touching and handling the mouthpiece after filling and changing carts, etc. The vapor does not come in contact with the silicon mouthpiece (well mostly), and instead travels straight up the drawstem about 95% of its path.
3) Hmm.. actually I guess just those 2 are it. But it's so easy, totally worthwhile imo!

:D

http://i.imgur.com/8kZN9.jpg

other than the magic flight launch box, where else can i get a tube for this purpose?

hatfieldsmama,

OF

hatfieldsmama said:
ace hardware?

Not that I've ever found.

However, such tube is standard stuff, a good link above if you're local. Although like most such stuff, it can be expensive to ship a six foot piece of anything.

I suspect places like McMaster Carr are also another source. I have Tap Plastics in the area so I've never looked elsewhere.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys there are rumors going on that we are selling shares, and our company was bought out.

Thc Scientific and Delta9vapes are not bought out by any company, we are standalone private company that does not sell shares, stocks, or is accepting any investors.

If you have bought shares of Omicron, Thc Scientific, Delta9vapes or any of its affiliates under our control then you are not part of this company nor are the shares valid from this company.

Please do not spread rumors as this might liable.

We have many distributors that deal with our product, we do not know where rapid fire marketing is getting our units, but they are not part of this company, do not own this company, and are not affiliated with this company.

Thank you for inquiries concerns and support.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom