OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
After reading all your reviews I finally pulled the trigger on the Aroma-3 today. I'd been putting it off, trying to delude myself into thinking that one day I'd justify the expense of the titanium version, but I realised today that it was never going to happen. Can't wait for it to arrive, being an Australian I love supporting local cannabis products.
You made the right choice, I am an Aussie too and I love a good local to support and I can recommend this grinder enough...

This is why I don't believe VAS (or related issues) are ever curable... Now I need a fine plate for my existing Aroma-3 and an apparently I also need a XL-Aroma 3 (but maybe medium)...

Also I am surprised how much I like the Ceramic bearing...

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Here is my secret plan for 2024:

Fine and coarse grind plates
XL Aroma-3

Are these early, mid, or late '24 goals?

Me too i wonder if these are early or late 2024 plans?
Just because reading about it made me realise that's exactly what i need! :drool:
If i could i'd register for the presale of an XL with coarse plates right now!!

New Product development ( Ball Vape )

:o:cool: that sounds interesting!
Can't wait to hear/see more on this!!
Nice plans!
Good luck!!

farmerpalmersnt

Titanium arrived today. 280g Vs the 480 for my stainless founder edition. Beautiful work as always and much less of a toe smasher 😂

PXL-20231211-154639302-MP-2.jpg

Last edited:

rebelFarmer

Me too i wonder if these are early or late 2024 plans?
Just because reading about it made me realise that's exactly what i need! :drool:
If i could i'd register for the presale of an XL with coarse plates right now!!

:o:cool: that sounds interesting!
Can't wait to hear/see more on this!!
Nice plans!
Good luck!!
I am not an Aussie but after reading about this upcoming drop I figured I would wait to upgrade my grinder with an XL w/ fine grind. Very curious on time lines!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I got the Aroma 3 in the latest batch of releases and even with the future availability of the XL version and fine plates - which I’ll definitely get - I am glad I didn’t put it off and wait until the XL version was available as this grinder/cutter is awesome and the perfect size and ease of use that I am happy to grind up fresh herbs each time I want to use them.

I just managed to get my hands on a BCG (aluminium large) just to compare the way they work and it’s just reinforced how much I like the Aroma 3 and how much I’m looking forward to seeing the new plates.

Milka

Hello everyone! Would you be so kind as to measure the exact dimensions of AROMA-3? Mine will arrive in ~10 days, so I'm preparing a case for it (cutting out the foam), and I only know the diameter 62.5 mm from a product page.

Milka,

-Squash-

Hey guys,

Was super excited to see sales are back up with no restrictions on international orders. Put one in instantly!

I’m mainly wondering if anyone else has run into the same issue I’ve had:

I made the order on my phone and for some reason there was no comment section available. I paid the extra $10 for engraving and really want the magnetic lid. I emailed them on Dec 7 but have yet to receive a response. I tried calling, left a message, and still nothing.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

Thanks!

-Squash-,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Hey guys,

Was super excited to see sales are back up with no restrictions on international orders. Put one in instantly!

I made the order on my phone and for some reason there was no comment section available. I paid the extra $10 for engraving and really want the magnetic lid. I emailed them on Dec 7 but have yet to receive a response. I tried calling, left a message, and still nothing.

Thanks!
Bens pretty good at getting back to you when he can. I have resorted to messaging him on instagram once and you can try messaging @OMD here and see if that helps, he did take a couple of days to get back to me just FYI

mcscruffy

Hey guys,

Thanks!
His engraving machine broke and he's working on replacing it. He gave me an update on the two I have ordered a couple days ago. I didn't think they would make it by Christmas (one is a gift) but he said he's almost done setting up FedEx for shipping which should only take ~4 days to deliver to the US which was great to hear!

He didn't give an exact timeline on the engraving machine being fixed, but the indication was that should happen this week. I have found most success messaging him mid-morning Adelaide time which is evening where I am in the states.

mcscruffy,
Reactions: -Squash-

-Squash-

Bens pretty good at getting back to you when he can. I have resorted to messaging him on instagram once and you can try messaging @OMD here and see if that helps, he did take a couple of days to get back to me just FYI I’ve heard of nothing but good things. I’m in absolutely no rush, just wanted to make sure that magnetic lid gets included more than anything

Yea I’ve heard nothing but good things. I’m in no rush at all. Just wanted to make sure I get that magnetic lid :)

-Squash-,

sadf

Where does the magnet sit on the versions with a lid magnet, and does it impact the function of the grinder? I haven't been able to find any information on the magnet option.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Where does the magnet sit on the versions with a lid magnet, and does it impact the function of the grinder? I haven't been able to find any information on the magnet option.

Within the center column, no it doesn't make a difference, it's just without it the lid would fall off on its own if upside down and effortless to remove is all (it is only an option because the magnet is really strong on the first run and it doesn't have notches that the design currently has so I wouldn't worry much now default is to get it)

-Squash-

His engraving machine broke and he's working on replacing it. He gave me an update on the two I have ordered a couple days ago. I didn't think they would make it by Christmas (one is a gift) but he said he's almost done setting up FedEx for shipping which should only take ~4 days to deliver to the US which was great to hear!

He didn't give an exact timeline on the engraving machine being fixed, but the indication was that should happen this week. I have found most success messaging him mid-morning Adelaide time which is evening where I am in the states.

Appreciate the response! Wow yea those are some amazing shipping times to the US. I have no issues waiting. Figured I’d ask here since it seems to be more active

Thanks for the info!

OMD

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone,

The contest is now live for the gold titanium giveaway.

-------------

The 2024 plans are my goals to achieve in 2024. I am dedicating significantly more time to OMD in 2024 so development should be somewhat faster that the development of the Aroma-3.

-------------

For those with outstanding orders with me:

Unfortunately my laser engraver is kaput/dead/cactus! I have been waiting on replacement parts from UK and to my disappointment they did not fix the issue. It's possible the issue will be resolved early next week but its not 100%

I understand some of you have ordered for xmas gifts for friends etc so i would like to offer you the option of receiving a blank unengraved Aroma.

My Fedex account is up and running now and they state the following:
FedEx International Priority® Express
Cross-border shipments delivered by 10:30 or noon in 1 to 2 business days to select markets in Asia, the United States, Canada and Europe.

Given this info if i ship by Monday/Tuesday next week you should receive your orders just fine for Xmas.

If you are willing to receive your grinder without engraving then please respond to your order confirmation email and i'll do my best to expedite the shipping process for you.

If you prefer to maintain the engraving on your grinder and can wait a little longer, we will be fulfilling your order at the earliest possible date. There is nothing required from you.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. I am doing everything i possibly can to get this issue resolved. I do my best to ensure every customer has a positive experience with my products/OMD but this one is out of my hands im afraid :(

Thanks for your patience on this and i wish you all a very happy holiday season.

Ben

--------------------

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Hello mate, Sorry about this!
Have i responded to you about this via email yet? If not it's possible it's been missed. Could you maybe PM me on here if you haven't heard back from me?

Thankyou!

AndyO

Hey everyone,

-------------

The 2024 plans are my goals to achieve in 2024. I am dedicating significantly more time to OMD in 2024 so development should be somewhat faster that the development of the Aroma-3.

-------------

Unfortunately my laser engraver is kaput/dead/cactus! I have been waiting on replacement parts from UK and to my disappointment they did not fix the issue. It's possible the issue will be resolved early next week but its not 100%

I understand some of you have ordered for xmas gifts for friends etc so i would like to offer you the option of receiving a blank unengraved Aroma.

Cross-border shipments delivered by 10:30 or noon in 1 to 2 business days to select markets in Asia, the United States, Canada and Europe.

Given this info if i ship by Monday/Tuesday next week you should receive your orders just fine for Xmas.

If you are willing to receive your grinder without engraving then please respond to your order confirmation email and i'll do my best to expedite the shipping process for you.

If you prefer to maintain the engraving on your grinder and can wait a little longer, we will be fulfilling your order at the earliest possible date. There is nothing required from you.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. I am doing everything i possibly can to get this issue resolved. I do my best to ensure every customer has a positive experience with my products/OMD but this one is out of my hands im afraid :(

Thanks for your patience on this and i wish you all a very happy holiday season.

Ben

--------------------

Have i responded to you about this via email yet? If not it's possible it's been missed. Could you maybe PM me on here if you haven't heard back from me?

Thankyou!

What's your normal wait time for Australian orders? I only made my order this week, but I was just curious whether I might get it pre-Xmas.

AndyO,

-Squash-

Ben literally got back to me this morning.
Hey everyone,

-------------

-------------

Ben

--------------------

Thankyou!

Hey Ben,

No worries at all! You did end up getting back to me literally just the other day. Everything sounds good on my end. Looking forward to getting it!!

-Squash-,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Magnet is the move? I am still alittle confused on this

Really not much to be confused about, as I keep saying, the only reason there's an option for no magnet, is because the earlier ones were tough for us to open... I've gotten used to mine though and don't have any trouble with it, and the current design has extra notches that also make it easier... If you're really concerned don't get the magnet, but just be advised the lid is not going to be secure so if you turn it upside down it will fall right off, potential risk if it could break any glass etc but no worries if you are careful using at home anyway, there's always a risk with such a heavy steel grinder of course (there is also the option to replace your bearing with one that is ceramic and peek so it will not be magnetic at all and that would make it even easier to open with the magnet present regardless of those newer notches in the design too)

Top Bottom