OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

OMD

Accessory Maker
Hey just wondering if anyone’s SS Aroma 3 came with scratches on the bottom? I got mine a week ago and easily the best grinder I’ve had and fun to play with but I just noticed the bottom has a few noticeable scratches, I didn’t notice them when I first got it but maybe I just didn’t see? I have had it on my table for the whole week and haven’t looked at the bottom again till now.

Is it possible my table did it? It’s the only place it’s been since I took it out of the package, Its just a wood table but has a lacquer, I’m not sure it would do that but I don’t know? For now I’m putting it on my table which a cloth underneath just in case.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the better the machine finish the more susceptible to scratches they are. I'm pretty certain that it didn't leave australia like that, but im also only human. If i see one scratch i reject the part. Parts don't typically get to the point of scratches going multiple directions and not picked up on. But im here for you, If this bothers you please email me and i'll see what i can do to send you out a minty one.

----

International payments are back up and running now.

cheers,
Ben

Last edited:

farmerpalmersnt

My founder edition is covered in micro scratches. Unless you are insanely careful it's going to scratch. It's a flat bottomed shiny steel heavy lump. It gives it character and fits with the gnarly image tbh. I've got a few dings from being dropped onto concrete floors etc. Embrace it 😂 I'll be a bit more careful with my indoors Ti one when it arrives 😂

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

Been playing around with a couple of bearings and the press/puller. I want to use each of the bearings for a while before I comment on them, but the tool was quite easy to figure out, easy to use, and not only does it make cleaning up easier (I could use a ceramic bearing to allow it to be submerged but as a VAS sufferer more is always more) but it also allows for little adjustments to get it spinning for longer.

I have put all my other grinders away, I’m so so happy to say that, at the moment the only grinder/cutting tool I use is the Aroma 3, the only challenger for the title is (I’ve read) the BCG so I have organise to be able to spend a few weeks comparing them two.

Without comparisons - this grinder / cutter has changed how I store and use my cannabis.

Instead of feeling like I have to plan ahead, as I can’t always grind/cut herbs when I want to use them, i used to fill a few jars with ground herbs in advance, but now I can almost always cut up a fresh batch of herb, even when my wrists are painful. I can now grab a couple of buds and with a couple of gentle flicks of my wrist, the Aroma 3 is spinning under its own power and the herbs are fluffy and ready to go.

OMD

Accessory Maker

Been playing around with a couple of bearings and the press/puller. I want to use each of the bearings for a while before I comment on them, but the tool was quite easy to figure out, easy to use, and not only does it make cleaning up easier (I could use a ceramic bearing to allow it to be submerged but as a VAS sufferer more is always more) but it also allows for little adjustments to get it spinning for longer.

I have put all my other grinders away, I’m so so happy to say that, at the moment the only grinder/cutting tool I use is the Aroma 3, the only challenger for the title is (I’ve read) the BCG so I have organise to be able to spend a few weeks comparing them two.

Without comparisons - this grinder / cutter has changed how I store and use my cannabis.

Instead of feeling like I have to plan ahead, as I can’t always grind/cut herbs when I want to use them, i used to fill a few jars with ground herbs in advance, but now I can almost always cut up a fresh batch of herb, even when my wrists are painful. I can now grab a couple of buds and with a couple of gentle flicks of my wrist, the Aroma 3 is spinning under its own power and the herbs are fluffy and ready to go.

Hey mate,

So sorry i need to show you what the washer is for! It makes it so much easier to press the bearing in.

Here is a video showing how to use it:

Bearing tool update video

Let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Ben

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

Hey mate,

So sorry i need to show you what the washer is for! It makes it so much easier to press the bearing in.

Here is a video showing how to use it:

Let me know what you think!
Thanks,
Ben
it was in the right place when I used it, you sent it to me with a bearing in the right place with the washer on it. Made it easy to figure out :)

I just put it on the thread to hold it somewhere I wouldn't loose it for the photo :) and it wasn't in place when I took the photos so you can't see the gap, thank you for the video though.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Nice, and the link to make it easy (the picture may need an update)...

lazylathe

Almost there...
@VapingYogi

Do you have the Stainless Steel BCG with the medium plate??
That would be a closest comparison without mentioning any spinning action since the BCG has never been about that.

I am very interested in the OM grinder but my SS BCG is keeping me very happy!!
Love the fidget toy idea! That would keep me entertained for hours!!!

lazylathe,
Reactions: LesPlenty

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@VapingYogi

That would be a closest comparison without mentioning any spinning action since the BCG has never been about that.

I should have a aluminum BCG (with hopefully all plates).... last I was told it was getting dropped off tomorrow, its not the SS version of the BCG but it was the closest I could get...

... and the Aroma 3 is my favourite adult fidget toy

VapingYogi,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@VapingYogi

I have the aluminum BCG in every which way, OMD grinder is still pretty different, the teeth and holes make for a slightly different grind aside from auto spinning, I like having them all!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like having them all!
The large OMD will be hard to resist when it is released...about the only problem I have with my OMD is the smallish size (it is actually a pretty standard size but my BCG is a large and my old fav was an 88mm SpaceCase)...I don't like having to break buds up to fit in it.:2c:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The large OMD will be hard to resist when it is released...about the only problem I have with my OMD is the smallish size (it is actually a pretty standard size but my BCG is a large and my old fav was an 88mm SpaceCase)...I don't like having to break buds up to fit in it.:2c:

Yeah I actually like the size, it is larger than a standard BCG so only slightly smaller than the large, so I appreciate the variety! will get another OMD too

kato1234

Just stopped in to say that I love my new Aroma-3 grinder and I'm glad I was right about the bearing. My thoughts were that this started as a good grinder and the bearing was put there for function not to make it a toy. The toy part is just a bonus. I went to my local shop and asked for the stickiest that they had I got an organic Bridesmaid a hybrid of Wedding Cake + Jealousy. See growers like fun too. This was sticking to my fingers but ground up into fluffy goodness impressing the hell out of me because it would have clogged a lot of grinders. Earlier someone mentioned scratches on the bottom. Mine came pristine and after a week sitting on a wooden desk it has scratches on the bottom. That and fingerprints is the fate of any polished surface. PS If you put a stash jar about the same size on top it spins too (not too fast). Anybody that can guess what I'm doing right now (besides typing) wins nothing. 😁

conj

I really want to buy one of these grinders! Is there any word on international shipping? I tried ordering one today (UK), but no luck.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I really want to buy one of these grinders! Is there any word on international shipping? I tried ordering one today (UK), but no luck.
What do you mean?
I'm in the EU and I've ordered a bearing puller last week without any issue.
I also want to add that Ben was very helpful during the process.

conj

Yeah, it happened to me too. Have you tried the other payment method?
I was eventually able to finalize the purchase with Hello clever.
Hope this helps!
Interesting, I never thought of trying that (I thought it was an Australian only cashback service), I will give it a try and report back, thanks for the suggesttion!

Edit: Order placed, grinder and bearing puller on the way, thank you very much! @Franco

Last edited:

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I'm close to placing an order after reaserching this thing for over a week now. I read through almost this entire thread and it's interesting to see the changes and updates made directly from user feedback. I was debating between BCG and OMD but based on everything I've seen (and the spinny silliness) I've decided to go with OMD. It's also cheaper and will get to me faster than BCG.

I also noticed that the website was updated pretty heavily just recently. New layout, graphics, pictures, the works. And there's a neat heatmap of the world where products have been shipped to. The grinders even have an engraving option now for A$10. It says the engraving message will be on the bottom, but I'm not sure where on the bottom it would be. I wouldn't want to get rid of the logo. I like it. It also looks like the switch to the new SKF 608-2RSL bearings has been made official and the colored bearings are no longer an option.

XpeeN

The grinders even have an engraving option now .... but I'm not sure where on the bottom it would be. I wouldn't want to get rid of the logo
I'd contact Ben directly for discussing that. Also, if it bothers you, I guess you can plan how the bottom will look yourself and ask for it too? (I imagine it'll put less load on him too, comparing following a request and designing a solution by himself and produce it. So win win?) but yeah as I said discuss it with him by email

someTooL

Wish I could say the updated website drove my order, but it did not. The bearing puller got me lol.

I placed my order over the weekend before the bearings change and engraved option. Glad I didn’t see that, would’ve still been deciding lol.

someTooL,
Reactions: conj

conj

Wish I could say the updated website drove my order, but it did not. The bearing puller got me lol.

I placed my order over the weekend before the bearings change and engraved option. Glad I didn’t see that, would’ve still been deciding lol.
Haha, same here. I think I must have ordered mine on the same day the site changed. Wonder if I'll get my choice of bearing or the new black one (not that I mind either way).

Top Bottom