OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

MCwREN678

I like the pretty flower patterns a full OMD makes,
1683953832299-jpg.46385
This picture is a thing of beauty!!
Roughly how much is this? About 3gm?

Bigdave

Better with small amounts IMO, if you over load it, bits come out from the top. It's not so bad though because this thing is so fun to use, especially with small amounts because it's so effortless.

But I would love to see @OMD try something like a labrynth seal, like on the iaso grinders for doing large amounts or even maybe an xl version of the aroma 3

LesPlenty

Company Rep
maybe an xl version of the aroma 3
A larger version would be hard to resist as the smallish size of the OMD is the only drawback for me.:2c:
I believe they had to load the top multiple times
Yep, 2x fill in the grinding area usually does it for me as shown.
bits come out from the top.
They do...and get brushed into the first bowl after grinding as I would rather this than sticky fingers from pulling buds apart to fit in the grinder multiple times.

OMD

Accessory Maker
Better with small amounts IMO, if you over load it, bits come out from the top. It's not so bad though because this thing is so fun to use, especially with small amounts because it's so effortless.

But I would love to see @OMD try something like a labrynth seal, like on the iaso grinders for doing large amounts or even maybe an xl version of the aroma 3
XL/mini = yes (possibly), not sure when though. It will probably need a bigger/smaller bearings.
The seal is a No from me, because it will cause friction and they wont spin.

I need to make you all aware that i have some major defence jobs coming up and they have to take priority over the Aroma-3's. The grinders are currently out of stock until I fulfil the defence jobs.

Please message me if you need any help or have any questions during this time.

Thanks guys
Ben OMD

sickmanfraud

I need to make you all aware that i have some major defence jobs coming up and they have to take priority over the Aroma-3's. The grinders are currently out of stock until I fulfil the defence jobs.

Thanks for the heads up. Aroma 3 is out of stock for days? weeks? or Months? an approximate time would be helpful, if possible.

OMD

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the heads up. Aroma 3 is out of stock for days? weeks? or Months? an approximate time would be helpful, if possible.
I'm hoping only a few weeks. It's kind of a how long is a piece of string scenario.

I will probably use this opportunity to build some stock to send to VGoodiEZ for my USA friends.
This may also be a good time to get my vape design out of my head into a CAD design.

Thanks!
Ben

KarlKlaps

XL/mini = yes (possibly), not sure when though. It will probably need a bigger/smaller bearings.
The seal is a No from me, because it will cause friction and they wont spin.

Please message me if you need any help or have any questions during this time.

Thanks guys
Ben OMD

Hy Ben

I ordered an aroma 3 piece about 3 weeks ago and was wondering if it will ship "these days" or after the defence job is finished.
It is absolutely understandable that stuff takes time especially as a 1 man production and that some Jobs take priority , i just would like to know so that i can keep my joyful anticipation in check.

By now i think i have seen all videos and reddit/forum discussions about that damn beautiful piece of metal the internet has to offer.

The last time i was looking forward to anything that badly was when i got an n64 for Christmas ;)

Wish u all the best , Greetings from Austria , Alex

mcscruffy

Hy Ben

I ordered an aroma 3 piece about 3 weeks ago and was wondering if it will ship "these days" or after the defence job is finished.
It is absolutely understandable that stuff takes time especially as a 1 man production and that some Jobs take priority , i just would like to know so that i can keep my joyful anticipation in check.

By now i think i have seen all videos and reddit/forum discussions about that damn beautiful piece of metal the internet has to offer.

The last time i was looking forward to anything that badly was when i got an n64 for Christmas ;)

His last reply to me on my titanium version order sounded like he's trying to get what he can shipped out in the next week or so but not guaranteed. I assume that's the same for the other submitted orders but at the same time I'm just going with late June to early July because then I won't start getting anxious for no reason.

OMD

Accessory Maker
Hy Ben

Hey Alex,

Your order shipped on the 16th. I checked the tracking and it looks like it landed in Austria yesterday. Sometimes the tracking email goes to your spam folder. Let me know and i can send it again if you didnt get it.

I have 15 orders left to process. This includes some titanium ones and some custom engraved ones. I'm getting these all sent out this week for you all. I won't ever knowing delay your orders guys. This is why i choose to take them out of stock if im not certain i can make the 3 week timeframe promised.

The custom titanium grinders have blown out 2 weeks now and i feel super bad about this. The reason is that i am waiting on some new tanks and chemicals to do a more consistent anodising job. This gear should be here any day now so all is well to fulfill all current orders this week.

I'm sorry. I should have made this clear to everyone waiting on a grinder!

Thanks everyone!

KarlKlaps

:rofl::brow:Ohhhh Boy oh boy o boy...... That is some awsome news. I am very excited right now.
Thank you Ben for the answer and ur amazing customer service.
It would have been totaly understandable if you couldn´t ship at this time but obviously i am really happy now that u did :D
That will be a " spinny" long 4 day weekend . :smug:

mcscruffy

I was good waiting however long it took for the improved anodizing process but now I'm pretty psyched to hear it'll be on the way soon! Thanks for that quick follow up amd cant wait to see how it turns out! Appreciate all your efforts!

LiamBai

Got held up in German customs for a wee bit because they couldn't determine how much tax I'd to pay.
Filled in a ton of laborious and repetetive paperwork and then had to open the package at the customs place and all. Customs officer was well impressed with my pair of beautiful (and pricey!) stainless and titanium pepper mills.

Before any EU peeps worry, if you order a stainless one only it'll be below €150 and should sail right through customs.

Grinds completely effortlessly, really nice design and beautifully machined. Chamfers everywhere.
The titanium one would've already been the heaviest grinder I've owned by quite a way, but the steel one demolishes it in that category.

Knewt

Got held up in German customs for a wee bit because they couldn't determine how much tax I'd to pay.
Filled in a ton of laborious and repetetive paperwork and then had to open the package at the customs place and all. Customs officer was well impressed with my pair of beautiful (and pricey!) stainless and titanium pepper mills.

Before any EU peeps worry, if you order a stainless one only it'll be below €150 and should sail right through customs.

Grinds completely effortlessly, really nice design and beautifully machined. Chamfers everywhere.
The titanium one would've already been the heaviest grinder I've owned by quite a way, but the steel one demolishes it in that category.
Very nice purchase. How much does the titanium grinder weigh?

LiamBai

I didn't, but he showed me the grinder post-bath and offered to send over a raw titanium one (which is what I'd originally ordered) if I'd prefer that. Am personally completely happy with it though, function over form for me.

It also honestly looks quite a bit nicer in person; 2016 smartphones, bad lighting, and JPEG compression haven't been too kind to it.

Very nice purchase. How much does the titanium grinder weigh?
Maxes out my scales unfortunately. :uhoh:
I'm also much more curious to find out what the steel one weighs. Things a beast.

SquirrelMaster

I didn't, but he showed me the grinder post-bath and offered to send over a raw titanium one (which is what I'd originally ordered) if I'd prefer that. Am personally completely happy with it though, function over form for me.

It also honestly looks quite a bit nicer in person; 2016 smartphones, bad lighting, and JPEG compression haven't been too kind to it.

Maxes out my scales unfortunately. :uhoh:
I'm also much more curious to find out what the steel one weighs. Things a beast.
Anodizing looks fantastic on titanium, your grinder looks sick.

Top Bottom