• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Old Head Freight Train

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Certainly does seem like a nicely designed setup, and a complete package for $300 ...
Screenshot-20220608-213539.png

Does anyone know if the PID is compatible with CH or any other coils etc?

I'm just trying to learn about the different options atm (what will work with what) as yet to purchase my first coil vape.

Shit Snacks

Sharing thoughts from another member:

"I don't have high hopes for the freight train being able to compete with the other injectors on the market. There's just so much mass that's far from the coil... That long neck and joint are going to be quite a bit cooler than the rest of the coil-wrapped head. At the beginning of a hit, that cooler part of the head is going to leech heat until it reaches equilibrium with the rest of the head; that's calories that'd otherwise go to the herb" ...Something to keep in mind??

They say CH ran into a similar issue when they were designing their injector head, so they had to revise, but I don't know all these details myself, just thought it was worth sharing for the pure information!

coolbreeze

Sharing thoughts from another member:

"I don't have high hopes for the freight train being able to compete with the other injectors on the market. There's just so much mass that's far from the coil... That long neck and joint are going to be quite a bit cooler than the rest of the coil-wrapped head. At the beginning of a hit, that cooler part of the head is going to leech heat until it reaches equilibrium with the rest of the head; that's calories that'd otherwise go to the herb" ...Something to keep in mind??

They say CH ran into a similar issue when they were designing their injector head, so they had to revise, but I don't know all these details myself, just thought it was worth sharing for the pure information!
That's interesting and I'm surprised it makes that much difference. I think I remember also that they relocated the screens in the B0 (?) chamber to house the balls only where the coils wrap to eliminate heat-leeching in the joint itself for the same reason. Crazy. Doesn't the Atlas now also house the balls only in the head, with mesh in the cone? Does the mesh help share the heat?

Shit Snacks

Crazy. Doesn't the Atlas now also house the balls only in the head, with mesh in the cone? Does the mesh help share the heat?

Nope, and not really on topic here as Atlas is different since it uses cartridge heater like a log, not enail coils, but the reason for the mesh in the cone is just to prevent the balls from entering that section, because they could get stuck in a part and expand and crack near the male joint... This has already been corrected, like in the one I have, and it was a small percentage that were defective and cracked originally, but now with the mesh there is zero chance of that happening... However it also did change the heat properties, now lower power settings can be used, so perhaps yes is the answer to your question after all too lol

ontopofclouds

very curious to see performance comparisons and videos

overall looks like a very sleek package

ontopofclouds,

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
It's available for sale now:

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
did anyone get one? looks like it sold out the same day it was released.
Most likely. I actually saw it listed on the site on Saturday but forgot to post here at the time. It was in stock when I posted but went OOS within 45 minutes.

Last edited:

icecream

It does not suprise me that the FT package sold out in the first day. The HR sold out in the first day too!

Texus

Look forward to impressions too.

At a glance I'd agree with the concerns of @Shit Snacks and whoever he quoted. That's a decent amount of mass removed from the coil. And more distance than you usually see between balls and flower. But the proof is in the pudding.

Shit Snacks

Look forward to impressions too.

At a glance I'd agree with the concerns of @Shit Snacks and whoever he quoted. That's a decent amount of mass removed from the coil. And more distance than you usually see between balls and flower. But the proof is in the pudding.

It was @SixStringToker who clued me in to that knowledge, seems like the inside of the joint may be hollow, he ordered one though and will test it thoroughly! (but unfortunately he does not hang around here anymore)

icecream

did anyone get one? looks like it sold out the same day it was released.
Info sourced from oldheadtc Instagram; posted about an hour ago: Brian is only releasing a small number of units once per day for now.

Just keep checking if you want to buy the full package. Parts are still available, as of now.

smeg_it

I got lucky and got a HotRod through Sneaky Peat's (if I' remember correctly). I'd be interested in a comparison, mainly out of curiosity. Looking for job now, so on a "break" from the HR

Getting the HR does make be feel better about continuously missing out on the P80 :doh:. I've tried for at least 3 drops and failed every time, but I'm on the Nomad and Toad list
:)

smeg_it,
Reactions: Duffer

Spleeeno

Horsin around
will be interesting to see what you can do with the hollowed out joint - one of the things I find great about those (as seen with the TiTi, B0, first gen Qaromashop heads and the taroma lite too most likely) is you can just pair this stuff up with the Lotus WPA and other tube-like bowls that were never meant to be used with ballvapes but just work and might get your load so close to the balls that you can massively turn down the temp compared to a regular old 18mm female glass bowl

Principal Guy

Anyone hear if the glass bowl Brian is offering with freight train is compatible with the Hot Rod? Please say yes because I already ordered one.

Principal Guy,

Spleeeno

Horsin around
its a regular 18mm female bowl so ofc its fits a vape whose heater sits in a 18mm joint. just keep in mind it goes all in, so while you have to hold your hot rod with the wooden sticky brick bowl, its handsfree in the freight train bowl. it might also get stuck in there, which can happen since the metal expands more when heated and will get stuck if you leave it in the bowl during heatup

Top Bottom