Old Head Freight Train

gmo67

It's available on the US version of his store but obviously I don't know where on the planet you're located ;-)
i never noticed that thx,im not sure how long it will take to get to the UK and the FT arrives tomorrow :lol:

thats impressive lol and not a bad price either but i think ill get something else

Jeeshy

I can't imagine using a freight train on a megaglobe MK2 would be bad, I use one with my B-zero and it works great. Even with the standard mouthpiece I am a comfortable distance from the heat, With the whip you get even more distance.

Jeeshy,
Reactions: gmo67

gmo67

I can't imagine using a freight train on a megaglobe would be bad, I use one with my B-zero and it works great. Even with the standard mouthpiece I am a comfortable distance from the heat, With the whip you get even more distance.
maybe youre right jeeshy,defo work with the whip,ill find out tomorrow .will report back findings tomo:lol:

gmo67,
Reactions: Jeeshy

goldfinger

I wanted to add something - I've been messaging with a lot of other people who were on the same product research odyssey that I was on, and the one person I was talking to who purchased a Freight Train seems to love it. He says it's shockingly smooth, but still hits like a dab w/ just flower. He says it whitewalls bongs and doesn't seem to have much risk of combusting.

He even said he did some dabs off of the top and it worked great lmao. I just wanted to put a ringing endorsement out there in case anyone is in the same situation I'm in and needs to know what's good.

Slartibartfast67

Has anyone used the Suet Jade Porcelain Stand that's available on the QaromaShop to store a Freight Train injector head and see if it fits? It looks like the FT head is a little taller than most, so it may stick out the top more than optimal. If anyone has one of these and has some feedback I'd appreciate it. It looks like it would fit but it would be nice to get verification before dropping $45 plus shipping on one. Thanks in advance.

The stand I am referring to is here https://www.qaromashop.com/collections/others/products/qaromashop-suet-jade-porcelain-stand

Slartibartfast67,

Principal Guy

Another klutz question…how do I remove the fusion dish without burning my arthritic fingers!??? Brian suggests two cotton swabs. I was never good with chopsticks. Seems impossible to get it out with a variety of tweezers. Could use some pointers, friends!

Principal Guy,

coolbreeze

Has anyone used the Suet Jade Porcelain Stand that's available on the QaromaShop to store a Freight Train injector head and see if it fits? It looks like the FT head is a little taller than most, so it may stick out the top more than optimal. If anyone has one of these and has some feedback I'd appreciate it. It looks like it would fit but it would be nice to get verification before dropping $45 plus shipping on one. Thanks in advance.

The stand I am referring to is here https://www.qaromashop.com/collections/others/products/qaromashop-suet-jade-porcelain-stand

I'm using one with a B0 and elev8r and those are smaller but it aughtta fit. It's best on a flat surface:
IMG-1531.jpg
IMG-1530.jpg

Another klutz question…how do I remove the fusion dish without burning my arthritic fingers!??? Brian suggests two cotton swabs. I was never good with chopsticks. Seems impossible to get it out with a variety of tweezers. Could use some pointers, friends!
Maybe these?:

Last edited:

Principal Guy

Ordered Freight Train and cube glass w/whip from SneakyPete tonight

Given my user name, it's about friggin' time

Always enjoyed Brian's cool vibe on old Monk live streams

Like the perimeter hole idea instead of screen for distributive turbulence (say wha??) and safety
Ordered Freight Train and cube glass w/whip from SneakyPete tonight

Given my user name, it's about friggin' time

Always enjoyed Brian's cool vibe on old Monk live streams

Like the perimeter hole idea instead of screen for distributive turbulence (say wha??) and safety
Looking forward to your insightful and humorous thoughts!!!

ChooChooCharlie

It looks like a toy train box:

FT-Box.jpg

Until you see the hopper car filled with weed!
My kind of ChooChoo train

FT-heat-shield.jpg

Even with my dexterity issues, I installed heat shield fine
Tried two loads at 620, worked great, no nasty scorching or tunneling
Quick and easy setup, good brief instructions, solid build

ChooChooCharlie

Learned to use small glass piece, hand held, it opened up draw better than cube with whip. Learned to avoid touching top of bowl when emptying. Learned correct way to securely seat FT w/shield on the stand. Learned to set at 650, one 0.1g scoop 'n tamp, one strong draw for ten seconds. Learned how much table top real estate is required for an injector vape

Old-Head-Freight-Train-Side-Table.jpg

(pick in pic from an OG ball-er)

Clapped_r6

It's impressive for sure. I've dipped into the desktop waters. It's different!

PS does the CH stand fit good? I dont much care for thr stock stand.

Last edited:

goldfinger

I love the heat guard on that thing, and call me ridiculous, but I love that it has like, a proper box and case. These are such small details but stuff like this is missing in the ball vape world, and I think it keeps these vapes from a larger market. It all seems very DIY, so I'm happy to see a polished "package" of sorts.

Also, sick picture charlie.

ChooChooCharlie

It's impressive for sure. I've dipped into the desktop waters. It's different!

PS does the CH stand fit good? I dont much care for thr stock stand.
BTW, the heat shield is an add-on item, not included in bundle. It's "secured" via friction fit with two tiny set screws, which are visible in pic above. If you bump it, it will nudge shield off center, so don't do that. And don't try to hand straighten it when hot. As Brian demo'd in vid, it's a safety shield from coil -- you can accidently touch, but you can't hold it

Not sure if this train would fit in CH bitchin new "Hangar" heat shield. Certainly not with OldHeat heat shield on. Brian from OldHead said he was working on a better solution in his SneakyPete interview

Those new to these "PID" controllers should be warned how much they go above your chosen set temp initially. Freaked me years ago with first FP, temp display zooming up way beyond set. Just the way they work, you have to be patient for 15 minutes for stabilization

Brian has cooked up a great recipe for "one-and-done" 10 second convection rips, no char

Slartibartfast67

I'm using one with a B0 and elev8r and those are smaller but it aughtta fit. It's best on a flat surface:
IMG-1531.jpg
IMG-1530.jpg
Thanks again for these pics. I've got one of these coming, along with one of thier bowls as an experiment. Paid more than I was expecting (pay attention to exchange rates, folks!) but it's all good. That's what I get for ordering late at night while stoned on vacation ;-) At first $40 seems like a lot for shipping but I guess not since it's coming literally around the world.

Of course after I ordered it the OldHead heat shield came out. I knew it was coming I'm just impatient. Now I am wondering if I can use the new OldHead heat shield with the Qaroma porcelain stand. It looks like it might fit if the part of the shield where it attaches to the handle is thin enough to fit in the slot in the stand. I figured I'd wait until my stand got here then take a closer look and some measurements, and perhaps find out what the maximum width of the heat shield attachment point is. I'd really like to have the heat shield in addition to the stand in case I drop the head on the carpet. Again.

Nice! My head is turning the same nice purplish blue color. I lack the amazing view though ;-)

Last edited:

goldfinger

Where is this? Man you live in a gorgeous locale. This could very well be used to advertise our lifestyle lmao -

"This is where you could be in 5 years if you continue vaping cannabis."

Thanks again for these pics. I've got one of these coming, along with one of thier bowls as an experiment. Paid more than I was expecting (pay attention to exchange rates, folks!) but it's all good. That's what I get for ordering late at night while stoned on vacation ;-) At first $40 seems like a lot for shipping but I guess not since it's coming literally around the world.

Of course after I ordered it the OldHead heat shield came out. I knew it was coming I'm just impatient. Now I am wondering if I can use the new OldHead heat shield with the Qaroma porcelain stand. It looks like it might fit if the part of the shield where it attaches to the handle is thin enough to fit in the slot in the stand. I figured I'd wait until my stand got here then take a closer look and some measurements, and perhaps find out what the maximum width of the heat shield attachment point is. I'd really like to have the heat shield in addition to the stand in case I drop the head on the carpet. Again.

Nice! My head is turning the same nice purplish blue color. I lack the amazing view though ;-)

I gotta ask - what did you do after dropping it on the carpet? Did you not have a bunch of carpet fibre material burned onto the unit?

Slartibartfast67

I gotta ask - what did you do after dropping it on the carpet? Did you not have a bunch of carpet fibre material burned onto the unit?
I've actually dropped it twice. Both times I picked it up really quickly, so melted carpet was kept at a minimum. There was some residue of melted carpet fibers on the head and coil, but not a lot. I let the head/coil cool and then just wiped the residue off with a damp microfiber cloth. It came off pretty easily. The damage to the carpet was minimal enough to be able to disguise/hide it (again, I grabbed it up quickly both times). I'd still like to have the heat shield on in case I drop it again or accidentally touch it.

goldfinger

I've actually dropped it twice. Both times I picked it up really quickly, so melted carpet was kept at a minimum. There was some residue of melted carpet fibers on the head and coil, but not a lot. I let the head/coil cool and then just wiped the residue off with a damp microfiber cloth. It came off pretty easily. The damage to the carpet was minimal enough to be able to disguise/hide it (again, I grabbed it up quickly both times). I'd still like to have the heat shield on in case I drop it again or accidentally touch it.

Nice! I've heard of people tapping their mousepad with the head of their unit, and I remember they mentioned that they just burned the residue off.

ChooChooCharlie

I got one last week for $50 from USA based online shop called "ritual-co"

But, notch is too narrow with OldHead shield on. Might as well use a double walled steel camping mug instead

Porcelain-cup-holder.jpg

I prefer OH stand, fits and holds well with shield. Porcelain cup gets hot -- that's why they include a coaster. OH simple design has minimal contact area with the train's hot coil arm. Lighter to carry out to balcony (downtown San Diego), and doesn't break like porcelain when I drop it. Brian from OH said another stand idea is on his drawing board

(amazing how well the Bowle keeps up with ball injectors, longer inhale but no multi-part bong assembly)

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: GoldenBud
Top Bottom