• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Official FC make up band names thread...

lepstadder

"suicidal squirrels" was one we came up with as teenagers after watching a squirrel run off a cliff at the park

lepstadder,

Nycdeisel

I always think of these when Im vaked, I will be back soon to contribute.... ;)

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

Major, you better trademark that last one...

I feel so weak, all the good band names are gone...

I mean, there was a day, when you could call yourselves, "The Rolling Stones" or "The Who" or even "The Babies" or "Blondie" . "By the way, which one's Pink? "

Music is in a coma. Or a regression. Is Lady Gaga just a reincarnation of Liberace? Lots less talent, but plenty of flash? Maybe that's all that's required now. Not saying she has no talent, but Liberace was a genius on keys and a phenom too. Don't deny he was a great musician, please . . .

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Back on track, sorry for the rant. Would the OP harbor names of the worst (fictional or even real...) band names too? As long as this is for fun...

I select . . . _____________

Yes, I once knew a band named Blanco Nombre . Surf / Punk . . . Real guys, real band...

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I like the name Vladamir for a surf band - Vladamir and the .. but what? That's the challenge.

jeffp,

lwien

First thing that came to mind was one of my favorite bands way back when.

"The Flying Burrito Brothers"

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
First thing that came to mind was one of my favorite bands way back when.

"The Flying Burrito Brothers"

Did you ever hear the Turtles album, "Battle of the Bands"? Each song was by a different made up band with a different name. Their psychedelic song, don't remember the title, was by a band called "The Atomic Enchilada" - really unique and funny album. It was right before The Turtles merged with Zappa and The Mothers.

*EDIT*

forgot to mention I'm also a huge Gram Parsons fan.

jeffp,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Dirty Mac

No, wait... that one was real.

Make sure you vape before you watch this video...

:peace:

PS Can we stop the Stu bashing please?

Stu,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I decided that whenever I start a jam band with a few friends, we are going to be collectivity known as "The Movers and the Shakers".

finchrock24,

Purple-Days

The Date Grapes reminds me of a recent commercial for Dried Plums... Serious, they are selling Prunes as Dried Plums. :D

The Semi-Ambulatory Stones ??? ( Just kidding...)

Hey guys, since this is some music heads...

http://www.bluesradio.co.uk/

Safe Site... I promise. Links from there I won't say...

You have to select a media player to the left. I get this via an internet radio player.

You may be surprised at what you hear.
From Johny Winter adn SRV to old scratchy 78s. NO commercials.

:buzz: Been holding this one back for the music folks... ENJOY !

ps. click on the song info banner for great song info... serious, you will get some info.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That page doesn't load - it's just a black screen; I've seen this happen with other radio pages...
You may not like all that I like; I enjoy chill out groove music, modern "easy listening" etc.
Guess I'm getting old...

**EDIT**

Forgot to include my favorite- This is a fantastic site for discovering new original talent, you can legally download hundreds of very interesting and likeable new albums.
http://www.jamendo.com/en/

jeffp,
I agree with PD's rant well above about how music is in a recession, with talentless techno-hip hop and techno-pop taking over the mantle of pop music. 50 years ago Martha Reeves and the Vandellas and the Beatles were on the top 10 chart, now it's f***ing Lady Gaga and some autotuned, gold-toothed moron. Music, literature, movies, video games since they have become a multibillion dollar industry, all are being dumbed down to the umpteenth degree in an effort to make sales to the lowest common denominator.

Some names: The Strats, Chana Massala, the Vaporists, Twenty-Three Skidoo, The Tandoors, Frankenstonian, Alabaster Superhighway, Indica Dominant.

www.Archive.org has some amazing live bootlegs from groups like the Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Quicksilver Messenger Service and others.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom