• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

NYC Best Vape Spots

vapirtoo

The back hills of Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx, any of the Beaches, and another view of Hell Gate from above,
in the middle of the Tri-borough bridge walkway with a quick pause on my bike. I hate heights but this spot seems
comfortable, maybe due to familiarity.

Razhumikin

The back hills of Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx, any of the Beaches, and another view of Hell Gate from above,
in the middle of the Tri-borough bridge walkway with a quick pause on my bike. I hate heights but this spot seems
comfortable, maybe due to familiarity.
Yea I also love to vape on top of the RFK. Randall's Island is secretly one of the best parks in the city (and a place I should have included in my first post).

Helios

I love to vape in Astoria Park while watching the boats go under the Hell Gate, or in the Ramble before a trip to the museum of natural history.
Both are Most excellent spots had a many sessions in both parks as CP was literally my backyard growing up. yes run through the Ramble! then go by the water. Cloisters are a great spot, check out the gardens, while exploring you'll bump into a cool lil cafe, The New leaf in Fort Tryon Park.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
We used to like getting high and watching the laser shows at the Hayden Planetarium. Particularly when they would have the Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin shows.

Back in the late 1980's when the Yankees were sucking it. You could go to the top of the upper decks, which were mostly empty, and sneak hits.

Also, getting high and going to Wo Hop on Mott St. :razz: Their Chow Fun and Ribs in Black bean sauce was the best.

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
We used to like getting high and watching the laser shows at the Hayden Planetarium. Particularly when they would have the Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin shows.

Back in the late 1980's when the Yankees were sucking it. You could go to the top of the upper decks, which were mostly empty, and sneak hits.

Also, getting high and going to Wo Hop on Mott St. :razz: Their Chow Fun and Ribs in Black bean sauce was the best.

Chow Fun at Wo Hop after band rehearsal in the '80's.
Strolling down Queens Blvd smoking a joint listening to Highway One Revisited on cassette with a Sony Walkman...
Not a care in the world.
Having too much to drink and missing your street walking home and then falling asleep on a bus stop bench on Queens Blvd, without concern.
Then upon daybreak, Charlie, the best short order cook on the east coast or at least we assumed, whipped us up "country style eggs" and lit your cigarette with a smile.
The world was young back then.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired

Yes I remember one July 4th going to Yankee Stadium to see the Beach Boys, but the baseball team was the opening act and we had to sit through it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
All my memories of actual cannabis use in NY was around finding a hiding place or a unnoticed spot where we could smoke it and not get in trouble. I haven't been to NY in quite a while so my understanding is secondary, but it blows my mind that you can now use it out in public. IDK if most people really do that, but just the thought that you can use it out in the open in a park or on the street and not get in trouble is amazing to me. Of course, back then I smoked it. Now I vape and can't imagine smoking it anymore.

I also remember sparking up in Little Italy and going to the San Gennaro festival. Gourging on a sausage hero with all the peppers and onions, and then the big zeppoli balls with the powdered sugar. Also, spending more money than I should have, trying to win a stupid fish in a goldfish bowl. :lol:

Life was better back then. I'd get high and enjoy the world. Now I get high to help endure the world.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I started smoking pot in 1969 in Long Island and alot of it was about hiding spots, which meant backyards and side streets, etc.
Once, as a joke, for fun, a friend of mine and i rolled a tobacco joint and when we saw a police car approaching we'd light it and pass it back and forth "discreetly." Then we'd allow the officer to waste his time searching us before driving off in frustration.
But by the '80's I was in the city and very comfortable with smoking reefer out in the open. Friends used to smoke in Central Park during lunch break and once a cop approached them, apologized and said I'm sorry I have to give you a ticket. 50 dollars I think.
Then I think things tightened up again, but they're very loose now. You pretty much always smell it walking down the streets.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
One of the best vape spots in the city is the roof of my building.
There's a manhattan skyline view, and the air is very fresh up there.
The very best vape spots in NYC will emerge in about 10 months when BYO bud lounges open.
Aside from a nice quiet park, what could possibly be better than that?

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
How many of you live in NYC, and if so, what are your favorite places to vape/things to do while vaping? I love to vape in Astoria Park while watching the boats go under the Hell Gate, or in the Ramble before a trip to the museum of natural history.
Astoria represent. I have lived in Astoria going on 13 years now, not sure I'll ever leave. I have enjoyed many a puff in that park and enjoyed the pool many times as well. If you want a special experience for the Astoria Park fireworks before the 4th of July, walk up to the peak of the Triboro, the fireworks burst right in front of you.

I have vaped in the AMC theatre, taking tiny hits of pure BHO from a cartomizer and holding them until nothing came out for "touch ups" during a feature. :brow:

NYC has always been pretty cannabis tolerant in general. Back in the 90's when I was a teen, I would walk through the heart of Manhattan smoking joints right past cops and they didn't seem to care.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Astoria represent. I have lived in Astoria going on 13 years now, not sure I'll ever leave. I have enjoyed many a puff in that park and enjoyed the pool many times as well. If you want a special experience for the Astoria Park fireworks before the 4th of July, walk up to the peak of the Triboro, the fireworks burst right in front of you.

I have vaped in the AMC theatre, taking tiny hits of pure BHO from a cartomizer and holding them until nothing came out for "touch ups" during a feature. :brow:

NYC has always been pretty cannabis tolerant in general. Back in the 90's when I was a teen, I would walk through the heart of Manhattan smoking joints right past cops and they didn't seem to care.
Ive lived in astoria for 4 years now and definitely wont leave. By far my favorite neighborhood in the city.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Crossing any bridge in New York is a vape trigger for me!
Well, maybe not the Kosciouszko...

This reminds me of an encounter I had cycling over the Queensboro one morning some years ago. A gentleman pulled over about 1/4 of the way up, pulled out a joint, and proceeded to puff on it like a locomotive as he finished the climb up the bridge. :lol:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply

I was totally gonna write outside wohop before a yummy ass meal. That house special wonton for 2 is my sht. Then maybe a few more bowls before crossing the street to the arcade

Razhumikin

I was totally gonna write outside wohop before a yummy ass meal. That house special wonton for 2 is my sht. Then maybe a few more bowls before crossing the street to the arcade
My recent favorite restaurant to get baked before going inside is peking duck house. I can eat an infinite amount of peking duck.
Also, pye boat noodles in astoria. The backyard is super dope and the food is insanely good. The crab and roast pork soup is out of this world.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
.... but it blows my mind that you can now use it out in public. IDK if most people really do that, but just the thought that you can use it out in the open in a park or on the street and not get in trouble is amazing to me. .....
You technically arent allowed to smoke or vape anything in public parks but people do. Astoria Park on 4/20 4:20 this year was a low key neighborhood sesh.

On the street, all times of day. I read that NYC has the highest (snicker) cannabis consumption of any US city right now. The streets are positively littered with the foil backed smelly proof bags lately. If we're lucky, maybe cheap sheets of LSD will return to Central Park in a few years. :lol:

Of course a prime location was always inside/outside many music and entertainment venues over the years. I smoked an entire joint on the edge of the stage during Les Claypool and the Holy Mackerel at the Supper Club during the liberal use of a smoke machine. Near the end of the joint the guitarist sat on the edge of the stage in front of me so I blew big clouds over his guitar while he played. Just when I got to the roach a security guard saw me so I tossed it and showed him empty hands.... :shrug:

Vaping has made getting high in venues even easier. With a little slick maneuvering, you can get in a fair amount of hits without drawing attention. A really easy one for any place with a bathroom (especially a big one like a stadium), is to vape in the stall and blow the hits down and out with flushes. It's not dignified, but you likely won't get caught.

Top Bottom