Gear NugSmasher vs Dabpress

mdot2

I'm looking at either the NugSmasher Mini or a comparable Dabpress 6/4 ton, kind of leaning towards the NugSmasher but it seems like both are pretty good quality products. I'm just curious about longevity, ease of use (this is my first press) and yield amount/quality difference, if any.

mdot2

I feel like both are going to be very good, with a small difference but it seems like NugSmasher is more the "Apple" with Dabpress being more "Microsoft" like - NS goes for a cleaner look, better advertising/support and more accessories in their ecosystem but a Dabpress seems more versatile, customizable and is cheaper.

I think it may come down to experience, which is why I'm kind of leaning towards the (albeit only slightly more than dabpress) beginner friendly NS

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Nugsmasher or Dabpress depends on budget, they cater for starters on up to commercial but the Nugsmasher also goes way above with their IQ to get dollars from peeps with disposable income as it is way OTT in features and more importantly...price over 5K!
Dabpress is great gear at a reasonable price, not sure about Nugsmasher but they spent a lot more on marketing but are made/assembled in the US...
I would get whichever 6 ton is available at the best price near you. I have a 10t Dabpress and the separate pump and gauge are a nice upgrade but probably not needed as much once you get the hang of things. The separate pump is easier to...pump than the jack-type systems.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Yield and quality are going to depend on the material you are pressing more so than the press itself. I have a 4 year old 10T DP and it's been great. No experience with NS. If you are just pressing 3-5g at a time, the NS is probably ok, but if you desire to press more than that at a time the plates are too small on the NS (and not caged). If there's one feature of my press that I could not do without, it's the external pump. It takes up more space - but I don't have to stabilize the press while applying pressure. A pressure gauge is also nice - but not totally required.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My DP is a beast and processes so well! I can't imagine life without!
NS look nice too, but I never recognized the NS value when comparing the two and I went with DP.

I LOVE IT!
BUT, accessibility may be an issue. DP units appear to be a little harder to get a hold of in certain parts of the world.

Okla68

A cpl years ago when all that Covid money was being passed out, a close friend purchased a DabPress 10 Ton. He had it for several months and had only used it a cpl times. I kept telling him that if he Wasnt gonna use it, I would Love to borrow it for a bit. Next thing I know, hes at the front door with a big Tote filled with basically a New 10 Ton DP along with Parchment paper and a mixed Micron size bag of filters. That has been almost 2 years and hes Never said another word about it. You Cant beat friends like that and you cant beat the Quality of DabPress products, IMO. It has Never disappointed with its results ! ( of course the old computer adage of "Shit In, Shit Out" applies with regards to Rosin Quality.

Vapeliving

Just got my Dabpress 12 ton 3 weeks ago and am Very happy with my purchase, I have a friend who paid over 2X what I did on a nuggsmasher and even he said Nuggsmasher is a basic unit with less features and you are just paying for the name. Dabpress or shop around and you will find better prices and units than the nuggsmasher IMO

Principal Guy

I have had the Nugsmasher Mini for a couple of years. No maintenance issues whatsoever. My typical use is to weigh a gram of bud and smash at 205° for two minutes or less between parchment paper. I squish a few grams at a time and have dabs for three or four days. I’ve never had much success with folding those bags “bottle-tech” style. I seem to get better yield with a gram at a time.
You can really find good sales on their website. I bought mine for under $400 during a Labor Day sale.

VapingYogi

I hear "DabPress is better than NugSmasher" as a majority vote.... but why?

Can anyone help a guy from down-under and explain what your using to determine that ones better than the other?

I am really just trying to understand what makes a good machine, what sort of features you look for and if there is any feature or machines or brands to avoid?

VapingYogi

found a local who has a Nugsmasher, one thing strange was the uneven plates. I don't know if its how he used it but the movement wasn't smooth it was a bit sticky and it came up unevenly both vertically and horizontally. The first time the plates came together they were like 4mm vertical and 3mm horizontal off and each time you put pressure on them they would seem to sort of adjust themselves until it seemed - almost level, but not quite... what surprised me, is that's the advice given to him when he emailed Nugsmasher to get assistance with the uneven plates.

the curing results of some previous presses looked good I just was surprised about the plates

Okla68

I hear "DabPress is better than NugSmasher" as a majority vote.... but why?

Can anyone help a guy from down-under and explain what your using to determine that ones better than the other?

I am really just trying to understand what makes a good machine, what sort of features you look for and if there is any feature or machines or brands to avoid?
Never had a "Nugsmasher", DabPress 10 Ton here...a friend loaned me a brand new 10 ton DP a cpl years ago(I Still have it !!!,lol)...the main thing I can say about it is its Ease of Use and its Repeatability. Pressed some White Widow I had grown about 6 months ago, brought out another batch to press...got within 1/2 (0.5)of a percent return 21.5% compared to the original press of 22.0%....all things being the same.
The plates always align the same, the PID always hits and Stays at the dialed in temp setting. I have made at Least 100 presses, from 1.5 gms to 7.0 gms.
The Only thing I would alter is the pump configuration. I find the pump hose kind of unwieldy.
Since it is on Loan, lol, Ill be changing Nothing while enjoying its use.(To be honest, I Havent mentioned it to him all this time for fear he had forgot it, lol !!
I previously said I had had it a cpl years......looking back at a pic of my 1st press results (saved the pic cause its identical to Rorshack Ink Blot test of a Butterfly, lol) the pic was taken Nov 17, 2020...thats 3 YEARS that Ive had it...!!! and Not a Word mentioned about it !

Okla68,
  • Love
Reactions: Bologna

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I mean that's a statement.
I don't know the difference and don't pretend to have a clue, but I am curious as I have been looking at machines.
Why do you say that DP is better than NS in every way?
The dabpress is a simple device. It’s made using high quality components that are easily replaceable.

The nugsmasher is wildly expensive and is unnecessarily complex considering is does the exact same thing as the dabpress. If it breaks it will be more complicated to fix. Its internals are hidden so you can’t even really see the quality. I just don’t see the upside.

buzzy funny

Thinking about buying a press and wondering about the difference between Dabpress and Rositek. They look about the same and are on the same site. Also, how much difference does the seperate pump make? I only need a small unit (~6 tons) but would consider an upgrade to a separate pump to accommodate my aging body!

buzzy funny,
Reactions: Bologna

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think its more important to learn your process than it is the equipment that you use to achieve it.
Both are quality pieces of equipment.

Im a DP fan personally. But then again, I am lazy and not as efficient as I could/should be.
And this has absolutely ZERO of what I use for my squishes. I just committed to DP when I jumped.

Top Bottom