No On-Demand Mass-Production Portables

Mr. Lahey

Why are there no on-demand portables that are mass-produced worth a damn? I realize the FF2 may be in the realm, but there is no competition.

The TM, RBTs, etc. of the world are made in such small numbers, they're never available. I realize the reasons why, and I respect the manufacturers. I want one and I can't wait around too long.... so I am forced to buy a session vape which I am not as excited about.

Anyone know of any nice, on-demand devices with immediate availability?

Mr. Lahey,

Baron23

Why are there no on-demand portables that are mass-produced worth a damn? I realize the FF2 may be in the realm, but there is no competition.

The TM, RBTs, etc. of the world are made in such small numbers, they're never available. I realize the reasons why, and I respect the manufacturers. I want one and I can't wait around too long.... so I am forced to buy a session vape which I am not as excited about.

Anyone know of any nice, on-demand devices with immediate availability?
Vivant VLeaf Go There is a thread for it. Great price and a very decent full convection, "on-demand" vape, IMO.

Mr. Lahey

Vivant VLeaf Go There is a thread for it. Great price and a very decent full convection, "on-demand" vape, IMO.
Thank you for mentioning this one... been considering it.

Anyone have input on something like the FF2+ vs. Vleaf Go? I realize they're at two completely different price points.

Last edited:
Mr. Lahey,

Mr. Lahey

RBT Splinters are available & can be ordered today & shipped out on Monday. As Baron23 said, you can go inexpensively with the Vleaf & have something to hold you over while you are on the TM or LaMart waiting list.

Didn't know this... Thanks. I'm about to go and order a Splinter. Was about to pull the trigger on a Sticky Brick Jr.

Baron23

Was about to pull the trigger on a Sticky Brick Jr.

I like my Jr very much. Not a DD for me....but for a very quick couple of hits, it can work pretty much like hitting a small bowl pipe.

I generally only load .1 g at a time and get a couple of good hits.

Great for middle of the night pain management...but like I said, I prefer other vapes for my vaping main sequence.

The key to a SB Jr, IME, is finding a good torch lighter, learn how it works with your Jr, and stick with it. The torch lighter makes a lot of diff, IME, so once I learn a lighter I stick with it.

Cheers

Mr. Lahey

Thank you. I'm actually holding off on the Splinter because it seems I could get it for ~$30 cheaper through PIU when they receive more stock. I also know nothing about mods and will need to read through the enormous Splinter thread in the mean time.

I've found a steal on the Jr. and will get one to add to my quickly waning collection. I'm also looking at the Edge. 20 second heat up time and seems to have much better materials in air/vapor path vs. the VLeaf Go. A bit higher quality on the Go materials for $30ish more would have sold me already.

badbee

Didn't PIU break off their business relationship with RBT? Those might be old dead listings you are seeing. Apologies if I've got this wrong.

idboehman

AFAIK they did same as VGoodiez, there's no brand picture listing for RBT in PIU's portables section either where they used to be.

idboehman,
Reactions: Mr. Lahey

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Splinters are only sold through the RBT store now. If you want a deal you can wait for another sale. There was 30% off everything for a while for 420.

If we define portable as merely not plugged in then I think you can't go wrong with any of the Splinters paired with a cooling stem and a modest TC mod like you'll read about on the Splinter threads.

If you actually need something you can carry in your pocket then something less high performance but more portable like a Vleaf Go or a Fury Edge is a fine option. I use Splinters, Milaanas, vapcaps and an og Brick at home. I own an Edge but only use it when I need a pocket vape but don't need the added stealth of a cart.

Top Bottom