NJ Ballot Question - Nov 3 Recreational Marijuana

Gunky

The polls predict the chance of passing 60%+
If it passes it will put even more pressure on NY state to follow suit.

Advocacy site - https://www.njcan2020.org/
Wow I can't believe medical marijuana in NJ retails for $400-$500 per oz. So a pound can be up to 8 grand? Holy shit. About the highest price in OR is $200/oz. A whole bunch of sharks sense a rewarding opportunity and swoop in... Wholesale on the west coast is around a grand or $1500 for a pound, last I checked.

So is there no provision for home grow?

Gunky,
Reactions: Adobewan

spindle

Wow I can't believe medical marijuana in NJ retails for $400-$500 per oz. So a pound can be up to 8 grand? Holy shit. About the highest price in OR is $200/oz. A whole bunch of sharks sense a rewarding opportunity and swoop in... Wholesale on the west coast is around a grand or $1500 for a pound, last I checked.

There's no provision for home grow, but homegrow for medical has a slight possibility for next year.

Medical weed is definitely expensive, $60 for an 1/8th. Recreational will likely be a lot lower, and the state and local tax less than 8%.

spindle,
  • Sad
Reactions: Gunky

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
There's no provision for home grow, but homegrow for medical has a slight possibility for next year.

Medical weed is definitely expensive, $60 for an 1/8th. Recreational will likely be a lot lower, and the state and local tax less than 8%.

That's so silly. It becomes legal but you still can't grow it? You can posess it, just as long as it's not actively growing at the time?

It's like alcohol. It's legal, but you can't make it yourself. The State doesn't get its cut that way.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
The polls predict the chance of passing 60%+
If it passes it will put even more pressure on NY state to follow suit.

Advocacy site - https://www.njcan2020.org/

I hope they pass! I keep hearing if NJ passes, surrounding states (most importantly for me...NY) wont be far behind. That's so silly. It becomes legal but you still can't grow it? You can posess it, just as long as it's not actively growing at the time?
It's like alcohol. It's legal, but you can't make it yourself. The State doesn't get its cut that way.

I believe in most, if not all, states you can make your own but theres a limit on annual production. I think it applies to all forms...liquor beer and wine. Also I believe the provision is it has to be for self consumption, no trade/sale, cause like you said, state wont get their cut.

Then again, even if it is completely illegal, do you really expect BATFE kicking in your door for brewing a few gallons of homemade booze? Probably not. Hopefully weed ends up being treated the same.

Yeah East Coast prices are ridiculous. The best prices I think I've seen are 85/quarter, across a few states. Then again I never really spend too much time bargain hunting, I know the places that I like/have good luck with and stick with them.

Thats not including sales though, for example my last legal purchase got 100/half... still getting rolled on that too.

When I was in OR, the dispo prices were great. I miss that lol.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I think if you possess a unlicensed and assembled still you are in violation of federal law.
The penalties for using or possessing a unlicensed still are severe.
I looked into distilling alcohol for fuel and was not surprised to learn these things.
All in the name of public safety of course it has nothing to do with tax revenue.......unless you actually look into it.
The state wants total control to maximize profit for themselves.
How else does one get so wealthy as a politician no matter which side.
🙃

Gunky

The galling thing is here the state has been busting us all these years for a little weed and now they swoop in determined to milk weed sales for revenue. The turnaround is head spinning. I suppose the same thing happened with alcohol, albeit for a much shorter period of prohibition.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
The galling thing is here the state has been busting us all these years for a little weed and now they swoop in determined to milk weed sales for revenue. The turnaround is head spinning.

Oh of course. It would be too "logical" to say hey sorry we broke your balls for the past X amount of years about this plant, fuck it you guys should have the choice to consume if you want...

Instead, It's ok fine well stop throwing you in jail for this as long as we can make Y amount of dollars off of legalizing it...

Adobewan

It's always been about the money, but now they're so complacent they can't be bothered to hide their chronic appropriation.
"Our" system is so far out of our control it's head spinning.

mephisto

Not to veer off topic, but I hear rumblings of possible legalization in Pa. It seems too logical for this lump of the Northeast to make a good decision at this point. Good luck to all. Overgrow!

mephisto,
Reactions: arb

spindle

Not to veer off topic, but I hear rumblings of possible legalization in Pa. It seems too logical for this lump of the Northeast to make a good decision at this point. Good luck to all. Overgrow!

Your govenor is on board, but good luck with the GOP in the state legislature in the short term. But once NJ approves recreational sales, there will be less resistance. So yup, I agree.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
That's how you help change the laws. VETERANS are known to protect your rights. But it's CRIMINALS who grant you new rights.
Who was that? Thomas Jefferson? It is a civilians duty to break unjust laws.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: arb

Rumham242

Laws aren't about morality, but what makes corporate lobbyists richer. As such unjust laws should be disobeyed.
Congrats, can't wait to see you guys in NJ haha. Yup, here in PA our medical cannabis is between $35-75 an eighth.

mephisto

So far, recreational mj quality has been a joke with regards to the tourist herb available in rec. states like Colorado. I can't argue that medical users need access to high quality meds. Rec. users are entitled to buds that are intact, and of similar quality to what is available to med users. At $50 an eighth, with a med card, you can expect ALOT of black market enterprise to flourish. Which is a direct result of the monopoly held by CannaCorp, et al. Some might say (...where do I go to get my jeans embroidered....sorry, Zappa moment.) supporting the non commercial avenues is a win-win. Fuck legal weed, unless its legal for all. Man, I will never forget those wonderful Oct. Skunk sales eons ago.
$60 quarters with nugs that would stick to a window.

Top Bottom