Nice guys ALWAYS finish last & the good all die young....

FEAR420

So my car was vandalized last night around 12:17AM :( I was hanging out in IRC & MSN bs'ing with NTD and a few other regulars when I heard a loud crash. Being the paranoid freak that I am,I get up & check on my car....LOOKS fine from here,but oddly,I did just see 3 people wearing hoods & shit run to a beatup Tan Lincoln Towncar & take off.Then the phone calls start...Its my neighbors asking me if the black Maxima out front is mine or if it belongs to someone else. So NOW,I actually throw a jacket on & go downstairs to check.
Turns out someone decided it would be a good idea to throw a brick thru my rear windshield & my left rear window.They slashed all 4 of my tires and apparently took a bat to my car too. All of this, done because I chose to cut-off a USER who NEVER PAID ME,and always wants shit done for free when he knew that I charged for my repair/modding services.

Anyways,I havent slept yet & the moral of this story is this....No matter HOW NICE & HOW GOOD you treat people in the past & all the shit youve done for them,....It only takes ONE TIME for someone to decide they dont like you or what you did and take it out on you or your property. Careful who your fiends are ,and be even more careful who you do things for. I feel like an attention whore posting this,but I mostly just needed to vent & ramble a bit. Since nobodies awake when I am,this was the best thing for me to do so I dont go out looking for someone & do something dumb....

FEAR420,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Damn bro... I know the feelin about being a nice guy and getting shit on when people mistake kindness for weakness and it becomes EXPECTED.

Fuck them... It makes me want to become a professional asshole sometimes.

We feel for you bro.

AGBeer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Sorry to hear dude. :(

I was reading the title of your thread, and this came to mind too....

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Vicki,

FEAR420

Vicki said:
Sorry to hear dude. :(

I was reading the title of your thread, and this came to mind too....

"No good deed goes unpunished."
LOL,Now you see why I used cheesy cliches in my title!! Its eye-catching!! I mainly needed to vent before I tore some shit up. I have some SEVERE rage issues,so I gotta get it out somehow...this seemed like a safe & easy-to-clean-up method :p

FEAR420,

FEAR420

AGBeer said:
Damn bro... I know the feelin about being a nice guy and getting shit on when people mistake kindness for weakness and it becomes EXPECTED.

Fuck them... It makes me want to become a professional asshole sometimes.

We feel for you bro.
Your past posts have inspired me :D

And I give you my crown of "The Resident asshole" :cool:

FEAR420,

Raf007

Retailer
Exactly.

I believe in Karma, and I tend to pity those assholes, they must have a sad life.

Try to look for the good in the bad, there is always something good coming from a bad event when it happens for no reason.

And being a nice guy always pay in Life !! (almost... don't be a nice guy with obvious scumbags that is).

Don't worry , somehow you'll get back (surely from someone else) what you gave to this guy.

Raf007,

FEAR420

Raf007 said:
Exactly.

I believe in Karma, and I tend to pity those assholes, they must have a sad life.

Try to look for the good in the bad, there is always something good coming from a bad event when it happens for no reason.

And being a nice guy always pay in Life !! (almost... don't be a nice guy with obvious scumbags that is).

Don't worry , somehow you'll get back (surely from someone else) what you gave to this guy.
This is the second time,since Xmas,that my car has been damaged by someone elses fault. The first time was a hit & run drunk & now this. I really cant take it anymore. After my car is fixed,it'll probably be sold and I wont get another car unless I can get a garage to keep it in. Raf,at this point,Ive totally given up...I will no longer be doing ANYTHING of any kind for anybody. Sucks,but ya know what...if its that important to people,they can either A-pay me for my time & effort or B-Learn how to do it themselves,just like I did.

FEAR420,

Raf007

Retailer
Well I don't know what's your job.

But just with your vids on youtube and your posts here you somehow help and participate in a positive community.
So, sorry, but you kind deeds are still working for ya ;)

And I'm sure that within a few hours you'll have changed your mind about not doing ANYTHING for anybody....that's just not possible when you're a good guy.

Raf007,

FEAR420

Raf007 said:
Well I don't know what's your job.

But just with your vids on youtube and your posts here you somehow help and participate in a positive community.
So, sorry, but you kind deeds are still working for ya ;)

And I'm sure that within a few hours you'll have changed your mind about not doing ANYTHING for anybody....that's just not possible when you're a good guy.
Im actually an HVAC mechanic/engineer....but I do hacks & mods for fun,and I have a large general knowledge base. Mostly what it sounds like is this....I had a few people that were using & abusing me for my skills. I knew the deal & just tried to be a nice guy about it. After awhile,things just got outta control with them and I cut them all off. I refused to take their calls,I didnt respond to texts or emails,etc,etc,etc...Then yesterday,I get a string of texts and calls from a few of these guys. I again refuse to converse with them,and later on that night,my car is vandalized... I dunno,it adds up & makes sense to me. Some say Im overreacting & it wouldnt be them/him,I think otherwise...but thats just my stoned,havent slept yet,logic talking.

And as far as me doing things for people....Yeah,youre right,I probably will continue to do shit for ppl. Just not how I used to. ;)

FEAR420,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
sorry to hear man. hopefully those assholes get what's coming to them soon.

SSS,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Sorry to hear man. Cars are expensive to buy, maintain and keep safe.

This won't make you feel any better (might give you a disgusted chuckle though); about 12 years ago, someone broke in my girlfriend's car and crapped in the front seat, using the registration as toilet paper. She had the car cleaned up, and then sold it, saying 'never again'. I hope things work out okay for ya.

Tom

tdavie,

PerseusStoned

Thats really rough FEAR420, I feel you man. My car was broken into twice too, but finally I found a house with a garage and I keep it in there every night. I'd agree with being careful with your friends, I've had a lot of bullshit go on in my life where I was trying to be a nice guy and kept my mouth shut about some things an ex-girlfriend did, definitely wound up back-firing on me. I know shit sucks right now, but give yourself a month to recover and you won't be stressing about it anymore.

In the mean time go hang-out with your true friends, you know the ones who maybe aren't always that fun, but always have your back and know what a thing called "loyalty" actually is. Thanks for coming here instead of doing something that will actually fuck up your life.

PerseusStoned,

tuttle

That does truly suck, sorry to hear. The one thing I would say is file a police report. Include all the information about the work you did for these people and the string of text messages they sent you just before the incident. Be sure to save the text to show the officer. Give as much information as you can to reduce the workload on the detective that will be assigned the case. There probably won't be enough evidence to warrant a detective paying them a visit (at least not if you are in a busy city), but the important thing is it gives you a legally admissible piece of evidence if something happens with these guys again, because what they did is bullshit, and that kind of bullshit can't stand. Arm yourself with all the tools you can. A police report with notes indicating probable suspects is a great start.

tuttle,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So sorry to hear about your car. Unfortunately, life comes with many lessons. While these guys are clearly assholes, they've probably taught you a valuable lesson; don't have "chump" written on your forehead. It's one thing to do nice things for people who appreciate you and what you do. These are the people who do things in return; not because they have to but because they want to. The users in life need to be avoided. In your line of work, you should get paid for work you do. A good friend/acquaintance would never let you do work like that for them without repaying you in some way, even if just in beers or dinner. And it wouldn't be assumed.

Through life, we have to sift through the people we meet to find the good ones. Those are the ones we hold close to us. The others can fuck off.

Good job controlling your anger. Best to load a bowl and vent to us.

Peace.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Through life, we have to sift through the people we meet to find the good ones. Those are the ones we hold close to us. The others can fuck off.
Great quote Mom!! Totally agree.

Sorry to hear that Fear! Vent away but don't give up on humanity as a whole just yet ;) Good guys don't always finish last and karma is a bitch!!!!

Lo,

Flyer

any one here who has your heart has been punished by those who don't. happens to us all the time, some people take some give, sorry, it blows

Flyer,

Raf007

Retailer
I totally hear you Fear420, you don't seem like being over reacting, those things are kind of hard to swallows, even with a lot of good will.

But it looks like you're on the good track already .

momofthegoons said:
Unfortunately, life comes with many lessons. While these guys are clearly assholes, they've probably taught you a valuable lesson; don't have "chump" written on your forehead. [...]

Good job controlling your anger. Best to load a bowl and vent to us.

Peace.
Word !!

Thats What I told myself sometimes

And bring that Aloha back ! :)

Raf007,

PerseusStoned

tuttle said:
<snip>There probably won't be enough evidence to warrant a detective paying them a visit (at least not if you are in a busy city), but the important thing is it gives you a legally admissible piece of evidence if something happens with these guys again, because what they did is bullshit, and that kind of bullshit can't stand. Arm yourself with all the tools you can. A police report with notes indicating probable suspects is a great start.
Originally I was going to suggest going to the police, but figured you didn't want to and you already would have (plus it would probably be a waste of time). tuttle does bring up a valuable point though. If these thugs aren't satisfied yet, you might want to have this on record (on less of a damaging place then the "fuckcombustion" forum ;)).

momofthegoons said:
<snip>Unfortunately, life comes with many lessons. While these guys are clearly assholes, they've probably taught you a valuable lesson; don't have "chump" written on your forehead.<snip>
Ouch, I winced a little at this one, but its good advice. Came off very motherly actually :D, how appropriate.

PerseusStoned,

Beezleb

Win some lose some. Sorry for your loss.

At least you still have your vape!

Beezleb,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Fear, sorry to hear of your troubles man. That does suck. I hope instead of being pissed off and trying to retaliate though, you just toke your vape, say om shanti om a few times until the leaf grants you temporary boddhisatva and let Karma do her thing :)

obelisk,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
No good deed goes unpunished. Sorry to hear man. Makes me want to look for trouble.

The next bowl is dedicated to you. Pufffffff......

quomist,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You live in NYC,
Why do you own a car? :lol:

Sorry.... but really, I am sorry about what happen to your ride. Unfortunately this is the ebb and flow of life. Good shit, bad shit, at least you are alive and O.K.

I firmly DISAGREE that the 'nice guy always finishes last, and the good all die young'.
Why?
Because accepting it an instant-win (or should I say our immediate surrender?) for all the scumbags, sleezeballs and the rest of the shitheads that occupy this planet with us. We are better than them. Proof lies in the pudding.

SpiralArchitect,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
PerseusStoned wrote:

Ouch, I winced a little at this one, but its good advice. Came off very motherly actually , how appropriate.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as harsh, but I am a Motha!

Seriously, I just shoot straight from the hip. Ask my kids. You will always know where you stand with me. And it sounded as if Fear420 was being totally taken advantage of. I hate users. I had that "chump" tatoo removed when I hit 50. There comes a point where you just say "I'm not going to take it anymore." I'm encouraging Fear420 to do the same, and hopefully younger than I was when I finally figured it out.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom