Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

thevapist

Yea, I left mine on for extended periods of time... many times. I am surprised it lasted as long as it did, but once it started cracking it all fell apart pretty quickly.

Hmm, my wooden handle didn't look quite like yours does. Seems you sanded it on the lathe but didn't actually work it at all? That's why I figured it was custom. The two in the picture above also look different than the one in the other post. What's the lighter wood one for instance in the picture on this page?

I'm curious about getting some actual wood dowels and using a drill bit and dremel to make some.

I just had a SiC dish I've been using for about a year crack while gently q-tipping it. Funny that with the balls spinning and constant carb capping/heating it's the qtip that finally did it in. You can see the chip fargment in the reflection of the overhead light as well.

Glad I bought backups.

sicchipebkjk.jpg

tb42091

I've always used mine with 18mm because I assumed the inner diameter would be larger than the 14mm but now that you've asked I'm not so sure. Is there anyone with both 14mm male and 18mm male posts that could measure the inner diameter of the two? It would greatly increase my piece selection if they were the same, that's for sure.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've always used mine with 18mm because I assumed the inner diameter would be larger than the 14mm but now that you've asked I'm not so sure. Is there anyone with both 14mm male and 18mm male posts that could measure the inner diameter of the two? It would greatly increase my piece selection if they were the same, that's for sure.

The inner diameter is much larger. That is my main problem. Larger unnecessary surface area for terpenes to settle on, without ever making it to my patiently waiting tastebuds and lungs.

Ramahs,
Reactions: tb42091

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I've only used a 14mm joint and post with the weedeater. Anyone use an 18mm joint and post? Any difference in performance?
I have and use both. I gravitate towards the 18mm more often. It seems more stable on the piece when the FP is hanging off it.
Is there anyone with both 14mm male and 18mm male posts that could measure the inner diameter of the two?
Both inner diameters are 5/16”. The wall on the 18mm joint is just thicker. So there shouldn’t be much difference in performance between the two.
09A38F87-0624-4466-AD1E-EB293692F0A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Zoltani

I’m not sure if you are into China glass but I have been loving my FC-UFO for my FlowerPots. There is just so many ways to pimp it out. I use a whip. I love being able to see the vapor pour into it. Getting that Vrod should be priority one. You’re going to love it.

So, I bought this piece and I have a couple of questions.

Do you use the whip that came with the piece? It smells extremely chemically to me, doesn't seem like food grade silicone, but IDK. If not, is there a source for whip tubing?

Do you use an ash catcher? The one i purchased can't work with this particular piece so I am looking for another one.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Do you use the whip that came with the piece?
No. I didn’t trust it either. I’ve ordered from a few places. One was a brewing supply company and also just off of Amazon.
Do you use an ash catcher?
I use a 3.5” down stem with a raised 18mm female joint. I then put my drop down, it’s more like a side step, into that. It does a great job keeping things clean. You can kind of see it here.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/post-1506551

edit: @Zoltani congrats on your new piece. I hope you like it.

Last edited:

Zoltani

No. I didn’t trust it either. I’ve ordered from a few places. One was a brewing supply company and also just off of Amazon.

I use a 3.5” down stem with a raised 18mm female joint. I then put my drop down, it’s more like a side step, into that. It does a great job keeping things clean. You can kind of see it here.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/post-1506551

edit: @Zoltani congrats on your new piece. I hope you like it.

Ah, i see. I am kind of new to all these different glass pieces. If i get a downstem with a raised joint it will lift the ash catcher I have enough to allow me to use it. However, it is not a side step like what you see on yours, it would put the weedeater head even closer to my face, so I'll have to see how that works for me. Time for a trip to the smoke shop.

And yes, so far I like it, though it just makes me want more pieces. I like the way it changes the experience with different pieces.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
NewVape posted this quick video Instagram talking about using Scotch Brite pads to scrub or clean Ti surfaces. He does say never use steel wool. It will cause oxidation.

http://instagr.am/p/CFcgjihHDYq/
This was discussed recently when @Socks And Sandals, IIRC, melted a microfiber to his Vrod. (Sorry to bring it up again buddy) I made a comment that 0000 steel wool was very gentle for polishing some metals. 😬 Just wanted to admit I was wrong and say don’t do that.😂

Coustu

Hey guys, I see there’s a new controller on the NV site. MaxVapor PID Controller. They’re taking pre orders. This one is WIFI and Bluetooth capeable although I’m not sure what that means. Is this spanking new or just sold out for now. And if sold out for now, anybody out there got one? Thoughts? It’s relatively steep at $300 but if there’s anything that I EVER whip out the AMEX for, it’s Newvape fear. So I ain’t afraid. LOL!!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey guys, I see there’s a new controller on the NV site. MaxVapor PID Controller. They’re taking pre orders. This one is WIFI and Bluetooth capeable although I’m not sure what that means. Is this spanking new or just sold out for now. And if sold out for now, anybody out there got one? Thoughts? It’s relatively steep at $300 but if there’s anything that I EVER whip out the AMEX for, it’s Newvape fear. So I ain’t afraid. LOL!!!

American made PID controller, been around for a few years now, I've had one for 2 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. Updatable firmware to add new features. Been a great controller for me and Max has always been easy to get ahold of.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Here's the thread.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I read about the differences between ID of all Ti bowl posts.
They’re all different, but I can’t really tell if newer versions had been made all to the same standards.
My Ti bowl posts are from 2018.
One of my posts describes what baskets screens you can use with different Ti bowl posts for microdosing.
Here it is...

And here are some actual photos
Measured in mm.
Measuring small sizes in inches is just not accurate.
01823721-2655-40AD-BB79-0B8BB9DDCDE6.jpeg
You can clearly see at a naked eye the difference
962587BD-9679-40BD-AD28-3878A1279BEF.jpeg
14mm ID Ti post...
(+-0.1mm) 11mm ID
Only VHX EVO ELB caps will fit as microdosing baskets very well and perfect.
EQ baskets will not fit
82234DE0-0CA8-41C3-BB53-FF657D15A346.jpeg

18mm ID Ti post...
(+-0.1mm) 12mm ID
Cheaper Arizer EQ basket screens will fit 18mm post, as well as expensive ELB caps
537B2F49-BFC7-47D3-9517-D0592C190E2B.jpeg

14mm Female ID Ti post...
(+-0.1mm) 13mm ID
All kind of basket screens will fit this post, but I still use cheap EQ baskets for microdosing
48B42811-22D5-4E09-BBC9-748BA997AE27.jpeg
Stay vaped!
Mantente de la mente!!!

jardri

Vapor Dreams
NewVape posted this quick video Instagram talking about using Scotch Brite pads to scrub or clean Ti surfaces. He does say never use steel wool. It will cause oxidation.

http://instagr.am/p/CFcgjihHDYq/
This was discussed recently when @Socks And Sandals, IIRC, melted a microfiber to his Vrod. (Sorry to bring it up again buddy) I made a comment that 0000 steel wool was very gentle for polishing some metals. 😬 Just wanted to admit I was wrong and say don’t do that.😂

Man Edwyn seems like a totally different person!! I love to see him so well and wish him much more years of innovation :rockon: That smile at the beggining tho... :rofl::rofl:

Dargin B

I've been using the carb drop down from OGB into a Leisure Dub Bub. I like to clear the load with the adapter and then take off the bowl. I have the 18mm glass bowl and I like it a lot for torching ~.2 load in one rip at 750-777. On the standard head I can usually get 1.5-2 rips with that amount and temp. I seem to be leaning towards the 18mm bowl more than the 14.

I think the glass bowls are more shallow than the standard bowl? .2 is almost to the brim in the glass bowl with certain strains.

Dargin B,
Reactions: tb42091

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
The product on our store is a collaboration. We have always felt it was one of the companies pushing the envelope with tech. It seemed like a nice, natural step for us. So we basically made a custom housing for it out of billet aluminum. We are super stoked with the result but we can only produce so many. It is why we are implementing the List, so we can contact everyone as they become available.

Exactly

American made PID controller, been around for a few years now, I've had one for 2 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. Updatable firmware to add new features. Been a great controller for me and Max has always been easy to get ahold of.

tb42091

Thanks @Zangano Cruel for the detailed post, that was everything I needed and more! Maybe ill give the 14 a go at some point.

@Dargin B - Did you get OGB to make a custom drop down/carb adapter in one piece? I haven't seen that on his site and was seriously considering asking him to do it.

Regarding the max vapor enail - in the MV threads it seems they have been less communicative over the past 2 months. May be something to consider, though they seem to still be doing business though so it probably won't be much of an issue. I would love that controller all buttoned up in that machined cover!

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
They’re all different, but I can’t really tell if newer versions had been made all to the same standards.
My Ti bowl posts are from 2018.
That seems to be the case. I was looking back at my post scratching my head that I posted mine were 5/16”? So I revisited and sure enough they both have 7/16” (11mm) inside diameters. :hmm: I don’t know y’all I’ve been off my game a bit lately. Life has been scrambling my brain a bit and I’m sure the FP is not helping. Needless to say mine are both 2020 versions purchased at the same time. For whatever reason my 18mm feels like the better connection between the two.

someTooL

Received my vrod setup today. Don’t get to test it till the weekend so tonight was cleaning and admiring. Pretty sweet, but you guys know that.

Glad I overindulged and picked up a few extras. One of which was the 18mm glass bowl. Wow! Did not expect what I pulled out of the box. Thing is HUGE. I know it’s outsourced and NV can’t name it but it should be listed as the 18mm glass “Chalice”. Plug the button and it’d be a wine glass. Found me a new friend for sure.

Cmon weekend.

Top Bottom