Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
What's up all! So I have been writing out an article on how temps work with the flowerpot. I know yall are what we'd consider experts, but if you can look at it from the point of view of a beginner that has just bought one, I think that would be ideal.

I'll park this here for now, I'd appreciate any feedback if you feel so inclined to contribute. I'll be sure to add any info that is relevant and important to the article.

Thanks in advance!

Vaping flower and temps.

The subject of temperatures is one that is widely discussed on Reddit and FuckCombustion.com and other outlets and one that seems to bring a bit of confusion due to its complexity.

There are many devices on the market that are sold with preset temperatures. What this means is that you press one button and the unit gives you a preset temp that you will have to adjust to.

The Flowerpot is so versatile in so many ways, but its main feature is the ability to dial in your specific temp for the job at hand. Until the flowerpot, this was just not possible in a "bong rip" type scenario.

The way the temps work on the Flowerpot platform is complex to say the least but if we put a little time in understanding the intricacies and variables, we may just be on our way to our "sweetspot". Let's break some of these down.

*Before we do, let me clarify that the these variables have been tested and are considered from the standpoint of having a fine grind and a loading tool's scoop full of material.

It all starts with the PID temp...

The first common misconception is that we are vaping at the temperature described by the PID Controller. This is not true. But in order to understand why, we have to understand what the goal at hand is, and that is simply to warm the air that hits the flower to vaping temperature. (I found an article that perfectly described a range of temps that I think we can all agree on HERE)

"You will learn that changes in your vaporizer temperature have the potential to change the chemical structure and therefore the medical effects and taste of your marijuana vapor.

Get started below with our simple quick-guide:

• 320°F(160°C) – 356°F(180°C): Very light mostly mental medication and best for flavor (great if you still havee a lot to do that day);
  • 356°F(180°C) – 392°F(200°C): Great flavor with good medication level, bodily effects will be more apparent;
  • 392°F(200°C) – 446°F(230°C): Best if you don’t have anything else to do that day, very strong level of medication, heavy bodily effects."
Clearly, it is very difficult to determine air temperature with the flowerpot, because this mostly happens in closed quarters. However, we have found that 650F will get us to a near perfect milky hit on it.

So with this in mind, we have to understand that 650F set on our PID will deliver approximately 375F-400F to the bowl.

It is from this point that we feel its best to start experimenting. A good rule of thumb here is to decrease temp (10F at a time) for more flavor and increase temp (10F at a time) for more vapor, until you find that ideal balance.

Draw Strength

Another variable that will affect the temps delivered to the bowl is your draw strength. One of the great pros of the Flowerpot is that you do NOT have to adjust your draw strength, but you can set it up to adjust to YOUR draw strength. Another point in the versatility column.

With this said, there are a couple of ways that you can maneuver the FlowerPot to adjust to your draw.

1) Temp Increase/Decrease - It is important to remember to keep your draw as "normal" and comfortable as possible while finding the right temp. At the above described temp of 650F, we recommend a slow to medium draw for best results. At this point, if you are getting some whispy vapor, it'll be recommended to increase your temp (again, 10F at a time). On the flipside, if you are getting really dense vapor or even slightly combusting, you are urged to lower the temp.

2) Use a Carb Cap - It is debatable whether the carb cap is necessary or not. One thing that is certain is that a carb cap will aid vapor production. I would personally recommend that you start at your "whispy" temp setting and then add the carb cap in small increments (3-5 seconds at a time) to really milk up that rig.

I tend to want lower temps (for flavor) and use a carb cap to aid vapor production. I do not think this is necessary if you are getting healthy full hits without it. However, if you draw extremely hard and fast, it is possible that you may need to do both, increase temp and use a carb cap for best results.

Zoltani

Looking for temp recommendations, though I realize it's all personal. So far I've mainly been using 620 capped, I combusted at 650 capped, but was running 660-680 before I got the cap. I have boost 1 @ 300/590 and boost 2 @ 300/620, with boost 3 @ 300/666 (lol) for uncapped.

What are your guys preferences?

Do you actually get vapor at 300?

I run my weedeater uncapped anywhere from 580-670 depending on what experience I want and material. Some strains brown easier at lower temps for some reason.

I used to run 666 pretty exclusively, but long term found this to be too hot and it started irritating my throat and lungs. That's when I started to see how low I could go and have settled on 580 cause it is a good mix of vapor production and flavor. It doesn't milk the glass quite like 670 does, but it does the job and is satisfying, with big clouds.

I've never tried a carb cap with the weedeater. Is it worth buying the universal to try?

Wow, I missed that entire incredible post about temps, excellent, and thank you!

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
@newvape918 can I crank my PID temps up to color the Ti or am I risking damage to the coil? I have an OG Flowerpot with 16mm coil. Thanks!!

Well, I feel the best anodizing happens as you use it, naturally. Though this point is mooted by the fella who does some fantastic anodizing work.

The coil is meant to withstand those high temps, but I wouldnt do it. Think of it as wear and tear on your coil, though this is debatable.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Vaping flower and temps.

I raise my bowl depth by roughly a 1/2” using a basket screen upside down with a Ti screen on top. This adds another available variable. The distance the material is from the heater. This allows me lower temps with higher temp results. I run at 595 and prefer to just leave my OG VRod carb cap on all the time. Having the carb at temp seems to really effect things. It’s 4 hole and allows for a very natural draw. All together it makes for very milky low temp hits. With all that said, I would love to see y’all make an adjustable depth ShovelHead. Maybe a notch around the inside of the bowl for the screen to snap into? Anyhow, just wanted to share another variable I enjoy playing with. Thanks for sharing your write up.

slozukimc

Ok so I have been using a clone of a Sharpstone grinder with all of my vapes for years. It has always worked well. Or so I thought. I kept seeing Newvape saying fine grind for the Flowerpot and mine is really more medium grind. I have been tempted by the Newvape 2 piece but I honestly hate a two piece grinder as I make a mess with them. While at Walmart I was looking at coffee grinders and found a Krups “silent” model with a removable cup and sealing lid. In 20 seconds it turned my herb into what looks like a grinder full of fluffy kief. Note to self: try ten seconds next time. So I loaded a Newvape scoop full of this wonderful smelling fluff in the Flowerpot bowl and was blown away by the difference in flavor and vapor production. The Flowerpot is doing what I wanted it to do. Huge super tasty clouds even without the carb cap and a nice roast throughout the bowl.

So, to make a long story short, follow Newvapes instructions and grind the hell out of that weed before trying a bunch of different temps.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
"You will learn that changes in your vaporizer temperature have the potential to change the chemical structure and therefore the medical effects and taste of your marijuana vapor.
I think "cannabis" would be better than "marijuana" here.

Besides that I think it's well written and informative for a new user. Especially the part about the carb cap.

:peace:

goatgobaahh

Shout out to all the milkshots in the thread! @Zoltani and @Zangano Cruel
Couldn't figure out how to get it to just click and play. I included product labels in the video. I used two heavy indicas Brownie Scout as the herb and Buddah's Sister as the wax. Pics of the Brownie Scout below.
-Brownie Scout some super strong 30%+ THC herb

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hello dear community,
I would like to buy a new solid vaporisateur soon.
I own a volcano , but the steam is too dry for me and the system with the balloon I find annoying. Always get a strong cough from balloon, so vaping is no fun.
The choice is the Sublimator, FlowerPot and Herborizer.
Which of the three would you buy and what is the reason?

@vaping herbs, if you want a vape comparison, you have to start a new thread in the Ask FC forum since speaking of other vapes in a mfr's thread is against the forum's rules.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
I think "cannabis" would be better than "marijuana" here.

Besides that I think it's well written and informative for a new user. Especially the part about the carb cap.

:peace:
Hi Stu and thanks! I can change it, but that is part of the quoted section of the article. Guess it wouldnt hurt unless someone throws a tantrum about it.

Chris_CH,
Reactions: Shrike

slozukimc

I got my Vrod today. Thank you @mephisto Been running 666 on the OG. Clouds are pretty good, roast tan but not brown. So I decided it would be a good idea to fire up the Vrod at the same temp. Let me tell ya if you know anything about a Harley the name is pretty appropriate. The OG is a strong running Ironhead Sporty without the oil leaks and the Vrod is pretty and, well, hang the fuck on if ya ain’t used to torque. Lol. This thing roasted the whole bowl to coffee brown and vaped a dab all in one giant hit. Time to turn the temp down just a hair.

Kins

Anyone have a coupon code?. Thinking of getting the FlowerPot Vrod Premium Bundle (8016) with the auber controller. Thing is I already have an enail. I've got a Volcano Hybrid, Crafty+, and The Neo. Kind of sick of bags and have to ship my Hybrid back for repair anyway. Found a code.

Last edited:
Kins,

Vapefanatic

How is the vapor quality compared to Volcano Hybrid?
I don't think we're supposed to compare here. You can post a question on Ask FC but comparing here is against forum rules. How do I know? Cos I've been guilty of doing the same recently lol

Vapefanatic,
Reactions: Summer

Kins

I don't think we're supposed to compare here. You can post a question on Ask FC but comparing here is against forum rules. How do I know? Cos I've been guilty of doing the same recently lol

Oh I'm sorry.

AVzaTk8.jpg

tyAxFES.jpg

I would advise anyone who wants to purchase an FP to do it w/o hesitation. I bought the OG FP mainly with the intention to use it for dabs.OnceI put flower thru it though , it is the most efficient vape I own and hits hard AF.The Mighty is also efficient and hits hard AF as well , but it is not on the same level as the FP.With that being said it is portable , and can be used w/o electricity got me thru the hurricanes when we lost power .I love all my vapes and I hate comparing them they all have things that I like about each one.

With this post I'm convinced. I'll have to watch my budget for the rest of the week but I'm purchasing this tonight, "FlowerPot Vrod Premium Bundle (8016)". I'm getting auber controller. Just put my order through. I figure lifes too short, so why not?. Now I've done a dab so I'm good. It's like I'm living in a dream right now.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just my :2c: @Vapefanatic, but I would think it OK to give @Kins a comparison of the vapor quality between the Volcano & FP since he already has the Volcano & is looking for a point of reference since he's sincerely interested in purchasing a FP.

Edited to add: He just did make the purchase. :razz:

slozukimc

Just my :2c: @Vapefanatic, but I would think it OK to give @Kins a comparison of the vapor quality between the Volcano & FP since he already has the Volcano & is looking for a point of reference since he's sincerely interested in purchasing a FP.

I agree. How are we to know how something performs if we can’t compare it fairly? I understand derailing the thread and how things can go astray here but if it is kept under control?????

slozukimc,
Reactions: Summer

Vapefanatic

I agree. How are we to know how something performs if we can’t compare it fairly? I understand derailing the thread and how things can go astray here but if it is kept under control?????

All true, but it does derail this thread in my opinion.
You guys are all correct and I agree fully. I'd never argue with your experience and knowledge. I'm here all thanks to you guys!

As a consumer, I'd love to be able to ask for comparisons, from members who owns the relevant gears to do so, on the relevant product thread. Who wouldn't lol? So I did that and was politely informed of the rules. I guess I can understand how it could be unfair and derail the thread for the vendor? I guess it's not too much that we either ask on Ask FC or PM.

I was merely reminding @Kins of the rules cos I got reminded of it recently. Felt like i was paying it forward lol.

I'm cool with anything that you guys are cool with. Keep on spreading the FP love, dear respected vaporents!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Shout out to all the milkshots in the thread! @Zoltani and @Zangano Cruel
Couldn't figure out how to get it to just click and play. I included product labels in the video. I used two heavy indicas Brownie Scout as the herb and Buddah's Sister as the wax. Pics of the Brownie Scout below.
-Brownie Scout some super strong 30%+ THC herb

IMHO, and based on the video you showed, you were spinning that carb cap way too fast, and were constantly uncapping it as you were spinning it (I could see the gap keep opening between the seal of the carb cap and the top edge of the VROD you were using it with.

Relax, calm down, Slow down...be gentle. That's my best advice in this case.

Top Bottom