Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Parnuckle

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on FC, but I have been watching the threads sporadically over the years! Recently, I saw how much attention the Flowerpot was receiving, so I decided to pick up a unit, as smoking medical MJ was taking a toll on my lungs.

At first, I was blown away by the Flowerpot, but didn't quite understand why there was such a STRONG metallic taste despite it only being mentioned in passing on FC or Reddit. The metallic taste was accompanied by a tingling feeling in my mouth/gums. I continued to use the device until yesterday, when I looked in the mirror and saw my gums appeared aggravated. I immediately cleaned out the unit and swapped the imported "grade 2 titanium" screens for the more expensive U.S. made double weave, and the metallic taste and mouth/lung irritation I thought was part of the normal operation of the unit have gone away as well as added brain fog. These symptoms appear to be in-line with an allergic reaction, but if it was titanium causing the issue, I should be having the same reaction regardless if the screen is imported or made in the U.S., so I assume it has to do with he impurities in the imported titanium. As well, another user on here (Alexis?) appeared to have similar irritation issues with the Flowerpot and not the Herborizer despite both being constructed out of grade 2 Ti.

Therefore, I am posting to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. Even if one does not have a reaction to the imported Ti screens, the metallic taste is very apparent, so I question why NewVape would stock/sell this poorly made product.

Any feedback/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on FC, but I have been watching the threads sporadically over the years! Recently, I saw how much attention the Flowerpot was receiving, so I decided to pick up a unit, as smoking medical MJ was taking a toll on my lungs.

At first, I was blown away by the Flowerpot, but didn't quite understand why there was such a STRONG metallic taste, despite it only being mentioned in passing on FC or Reddit. The metallic taste was accompanied by a tingling feeling in my mouth/gums. I continued to use the device until yesterday, when I looked in the mirror and saw my gums appeared aggravated. I immediately cleaned out the unit and swapped the imported "grade 2 titanium" screens for the more expensive U.S. made double weave, and the metallic taste and mouth/lung irritation I thought was part of the normal operation of the unit have gone away as well as added brain fog. These symptoms appear to in-line with an allergic reaction, but if it was titanium causing the issue, I should be having the same reaction regardless if the screen is imported or made in the U.S., so I assume it has to do with he impurities in the imported titanium. As well, another user on here (Alexis?) appeared to have similar irritation issues with the Flowerpot and not the Herborizer, despite both being constructed out of grade 2 Ti.

Therefore, I am posting to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. Even if one does not have a reaction to the imported Ti screens, the metallic taste is very apparent, so I question why NewVape would stock/sell this poorly made product.

Hi @Parnuckle , welcome to FC!
I have not experienced a metallic taste when using the FP. Maybe some others will chime in with a similar experience. I dont recall that being an issue with anyone else, but I could have missed it.

I will say that imo, NewVape products are top of the line in the vape world, just my:2c:.

I hope you get things sorted out because it's a wonderful cannabis delivery system:):)

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: Parnuckle

cvs8floz

Hello everyone!

At first, I was blown away by the Flowerpot, but didn't quite understand why there was such a STRONG metallic taste, despite it only being mentioned in passing on FC or Reddit. The metallic taste was accompanied by a tingling feeling in my mouth/gums. I continued to use the device until yesterday, when I looked in the mirror and saw my gums appeared aggravated. I immediately cleaned out the unit and swapped the imported "grade 2 titanium" screens for the more expensive U.S. made double weave, and the metallic taste and mouth/lung irritation I thought was part of the normal operation of the unit have gone away as well as added brain fog. These symptoms appear to in-line with an allergic reaction, but if it was titanium causing the issue, I should be having the same reaction regardless if the screen is imported or made in the U.S., so I assume it has to do with he impurities in the imported titanium. As well, another user on here (Alexis?) appeared to have similar irritation issues with the Flowerpot and not the Herborizer, despite both being constructed out of grade 2 Ti.

I agree with you on the metallic taste, haven't really tried different screens because I switched to using glass bowls only. They are difficult to keep clean but the difference in flavor is obvious to me.

someTooL

Put the FP through the ringer for a month now with zero irritations.

Can’t really speak to the screen difference but like stated above, I switched to the glass bowls. I can tell a difference in taste and temp. Not saying the Shovelhead is bad, just a warmer hit and maybe a slight more flavor muted than glass...for me. I say warmer like in reference to using a SS vs Ti tip in a Dynavap, some can tell the difference some cannot.

Now back to my internal dcup vs tbucket struggle :shrug:

Parnuckle

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I am glad to hear I am not alone in noticing the metallic taste. Hopefully, I was allergic to a contaminate in the imported screen (e.g. nickel), and not the Ti, as I really love using the FP unit. Gonna test with the new U.S. screen for a bit, and then possibly look into getting a glass bowl, as it sounds like that is the way to go!

Parnuckle,
Reactions: Summer

thevapist

Those new double weaves are very lackluster compared to the old ones as well.

Another thing I noticed is that my new SiC dish doesn't fit the VROD head as nice as my last one. The new one is quite a bit smaller in diameter which leaves a bit of play all over. It's difficult to center it on the nut, and the carb cap falls off very easy because it's not being "held" as much.

Anyone seen this? Are peoples VROD dishes more snug, or have play like I'm describing? My last dish had almost 0 play for reference.

Last edited:
thevapist,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hello everyone!

At first, I was blown away by the Flowerpot, but didn't quite understand why there was such a STRONG metallic taste despite it only being mentioned in passing on FC or Reddit. The metallic taste was accompanied by a tingling feeling in my mouth/gums. I continued to use the device until yesterday, when I looked in the mirror and saw my gums appeared aggravated. I immediately cleaned out the unit and swapped the imported "grade 2 titanium" screens for the more expensive U.S. made double weave, and the metallic taste and mouth/lung irritation I thought was part of the normal operation of the unit have gone away as well as added brain fog. These symptoms appear to be in-line with an allergic reaction, but if it was titanium causing the issue, I should be having the same reaction regardless if the screen is imported or made in the U.S., so I assume it has to do with he impurities in the imported titanium. As well, another user on here (Alexis?) appeared to have similar irritation issues with the Flowerpot and not the Herborizer despite both being constructed out of grade 2 Ti.

I recently picked up the non-imported higher end screen from NV, but I haven't used it yet. I'm still using the original screen because it's still just about good as new.

However, I have not experienced any metallic taste with the original imported screen and Ti Shovelhead bowl.

Ramahs,

snamuh

ghost
I dont really experience a metal taste.... maybe very very slightly when switching from a glass bowl. TBH i switch between glass and ti bowls often and never find anything unusual. Also maybe with leaving the old showerhead carb cap on... but that was SS i think.

Volacano screens and dosing capsule agitate my lungs though... I think that was aluminum though.

snamuh,

Chandler

@Parnuckle and a few others who've experienced irritation with their vrods, I've been reading through ppls issues the past few weeks n haven't had the opportunity to share my opinions.

I suffer a similar irritation with the shovel head bowl above 575ish. My temp is 550... I can go to higher temps but then Im forced to take lil bitty non satisfying hits that risk scorching my throat, which is an incredibly unpleasant predicament.

The game changer for me. 3 things. Glass bowl, a bigger better rig, and I stopped using the carb cap. I'll use it occasionally, but I'll remove it the moment vapor starts building. Was using a sneaky Pete tiny globe, got a lil bigger piece, to finally an even bigger legit piece that cools significantly more than my others. Now I've been vaping comfortably at 600-625 for the past 4-6 weeks consistently! Lungs feel great.

Last edited:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've been having some good times doing twax hits a different way with my v-rod, putting a little bit of concentrate on top of my herb rather than dabbing it off the dish like normal. Adds a little bit of kick to the flower and I can keep up some higher temps to crush through the flower rather then finishing my dab before my bowl as occasional happens.

Coming up on a year with this bodacious beast of a vape and still on honey moon with it!

murf2010

Picked up the grinder from new vape. This things unreal!! My herbs literally like dust!

best part of this is the difference in flavor and clouds. It just keeps hitting and hitting. Massive clouds. Haven’t used the carb cap either today. I find sometimes I like it and other times I prefer not to use it. Mood thing I suppose. Flavor is exceptional regardless.

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals I only dry qtip too unless I'm doing a deep clean, so it sounds like you're doing it right. I definitely have a small amount of vapor rising afterwards but it isn't really an issue.

Here is what my dish looks like after countless dabs with only dry qtipping after

Every once and a while I get too high and forget to qtip after and shit gets baked on and that is when I turn it down to 200 and use the filtered water on the dish and clean it up that way, but as long as I keep up with the dry swabs it stays pretty clean
Thx man,

I'll definitely will keep swabbing it out. I ordered one of those Glass holders for swabs and iso too. Just a quick question though.. Is it bad to let the dish sit in ISO for very long? I was meaning to ask this a while back but forgot.

710yota

Thx man,

I'll definitely will keep swabbing it out. I ordered one of those Glass holders for swabs and iso too. Just a quick question though.. Is it bad to let the dish sit in ISO for very long? I was meaning to ask this a while back but forgot.
I've never had any issues letting any of my sic soak in ISO overnight or longer

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Anyone here use a third party glass dish subbed for the sic?
I use the quartz 25mm dish NV sells. Like they say on their website, it does not fit. With that being said it fits well enough for me. It’s smaller than the SiC obviously and you can’t screw the center nut down all the way. You can get the threads to grab enough to hold it in place. You also can see your oil moving around when using the universal carb cap. It doesn’t work well with the dedicated VRod carb. Honestly, I like the quartz better than the VRod SiC. I’ve posted a few photos recently with this set up. On the other hand, my DCup SiC dish is definitely winning me over.

Zoltani

Picked up the grinder from new vape. This things unreal!! My herbs literally like dust!

best part of this is the difference in flavor and clouds. It just keeps hitting and hitting. Massive clouds. Haven’t used the carb cap either today. I find sometimes I like it and other times I prefer not to use it. Mood thing I suppose. Flavor is exceptional regardless.

Is dust a good thing? I always associated it with herb that's too dry. Maybe I should get the fine plate for the BCG to see what's up. I think I recall someone else on this thread saying they got the best flavor with whole little nugs :hmm: each person seems to have their own way with this thing.

710yota

Is dust a good thing? I always associated it with herb that's too dry. Maybe I should get the fine plate for the BCG to see what's up. I think I recall someone else on this thread saying they got the best flavor with whole little nugs :hmm: each person seems to have their own way with this thing.
In my reading/experience using whole nugs or a course grind = more flavor while using a finer grind = bigger clouds. Personally I go for as fine of a grind as possible, I grind upside down for a little bit in my Santa Cruz Shredder before flipping it and finishing the grind as normal, like you said though there are many ways to use this device. In the words of a certain Fleetwood Mac you can go your own way :p

murf2010

If you go on the new vape website and look at the grinder you’ll see a video below of the owner explaining why a find grind is best, he says he essentially wanted to create a grinder that grinded the herb into keif. He succeeded.

Dingleb3rry

Very cool to see a little discussion on temps regarding controller temp vs surface temp. Adjusting the offset to reflect a more accurate dish temp sounds like a super fun project. I’d love to hear how it goes and perhaps steal your settings if you get it dialed. Currently using concentrates around 600 and working pretty well. I still don’t know what I’m doing though, to be fair.

a similar but slightly tangential tweak I was thinking about was altering the PID settings to help combat temp drop. I don’t think i have a super hard pull (although it’s got some power and good length lol) because I’m finding my temp is dropping a good 20 or even 30f when doing flower.

Not a huge deal, I’m used to having my mighty drop 5-10f during a pull, but I’m surprised the mighty retains heat “better” than the vrod head and giant coil.

few quick concentrate questions: terp pearls... worth getting? I prob need to get into the t-bucket thread but is there any huge difference between a tbucket and vrod dish? I get that the vrod brings the vapor through the bowl assembly which is “dirty” and inefficient... but other than that, I’m kind of thinking that getting a second setup just for concentrates might be unnecessary? Gimmie your thoughts. Black Friday is approaching.

someTooL

I’m finding my temp is dropping a good 20 or even 30f when doing flower.
That seems like a pretty huge drop to me. What’s your room temp? Are you in a cold setting?
I’ve noticed around 8-10 degree drop if I’m pulling a little harder. A slower pull maybe only 5 degrees.
Something else I’ve been trying is to put the vrod on the bowl (glass for me) and watch the temp. It’ll drop 5-7 degrees quickly. I let it bottom out and as soon as it starts going back up, start my pull. This is only about a 5 second process...wouldn’t leave it on there too long lol. Had really nice results doing this...well besides the one time I decided to answer a phone call. No combustion but very close.

Top Bottom