Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

tb42091

@Socks And Sandals I only dry qtip too unless I'm doing a deep clean, so it sounds like you're doing it right. I definitely have a small amount of vapor rising afterwards but it isn't really an issue.

Here is what my dish looks like after countless dabs with only dry qtipping after

Every once and a while I get too high and forget to qtip after and shit gets baked on and that is when I turn it down to 200 and use the filtered water on the dish and clean it up that way, but as long as I keep up with the dry swabs it stays pretty clean

thevapist

Dry qtipping is fine, and my dish looks the same as above. Hate the steam from using water, but it's not like distilled water will hurt. I just think it's overkill.

I'll have to try turning it down and wet qtipping next time I forget to take the cap off. My routine there is usually:
  1. Take off nut, remove dish, and torch dish while being held by another tool until clean. Gets clean quick and have never had a dish break.
  2. Torch nut, but not so much that it turns white after it cools
  3. Scrub inside of carb cap with brass brush and rinse very well
  4. SiC terp pearls go in #0000 steel wool for a quick scrub. They get extremely shiny from this, almost like that polished SiC "obsidian".
  5. Reassemble
Sometimes I'll go weeks between forgetting to remove the cap after a hit and it will consistently look like that above picture. Other times I forget to take the cap off three times in a day.

Hmmm, now I want to wet polish a SiC dish and see how shiny I can get it.

Vaponatic

I'm sure it's been discussed to death already... But I'm considering a Flowerpot and I'm wondering which head is better.

I'm mainly going to be using flower, so I don't necessarily need the Vrod, however I've seen some people comment that it is a better model over the Weedeater due to the better heat retention.

Can I get some opinions on this?

Edit: Ordered the Vrod :rockon: I probably should have waited until Black Friday, but my impulsiveness got the better of me :shrug:
This will be my first desktop, first bong and first dabbing experience. See y'all on Mars tomorrow :party:

Last edited:

zor

I didn't clean my vrod sic dish very well initially, and when shit was caked on I would do an ISO soak which always seems to work. If I'm in a rush, I took a torch to it and just burned everything off. I don't feel I need to handle the dish with kid gloves, just being careful for any potential thermal shock, but who knows, maybe after enough torch blasts I'll compromise the structural integrity? I have a spare dish just in case.

tb42091

I first used swissjewel, recommended from here and they were good but expensive, like 4$ a piece. A while ago I found some 5mm sapphires from Greek Glass and they are 1.50 a piece or a 10 pack for 10 bucks. I definitely recommend them

murf2010

I first used swissjewel, recommended from here and they were good but expensive, like 4$ a piece. A while ago I found some 5mm sapphires from Greek Glass and they are 1.50 a piece or a 10 pack for 10 bucks. I definitely recommend them

Bought the ten pack! Thanks man

murf2010,
Reactions: tb42091

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I'm sure it's been discussed to death already... But I'm considering a Flowerpot and I'm wondering which head is better.

I'm mainly going to be using flower, so I don't necessarily need the Vrod, however I've seen some people comment that it is a better model over the Weedeater due to the better heat retention.

Can I get some opinions on this?

Edit: Ordered the Vrod :rockon: I probably should have waited until Black Friday, but my impulsiveness got the better of me :shrug:
This will be my first desktop, first bong and first dabbing experience. See y'all on Mars tomorrow :party:
I saw this on reddit. I'm pretty stoked for you to get it. I love mine. First flowerpot and dabbing expierence? Super jealous of the level you will be on.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I ordered a DCup and in the spirit of learning I
ordered a K type digital multi meter to play with on my VRod. Using the supplied probes and a music stand to hold a bit of downward pressure on the disk I can (ruffly) measure the temp of the dish. My PID is set to 595F and the bottom surface of my quartz 25mm dish is 475F. Correct me if I am wrong but this is called the offset and can be adjusted for by changing the delta setting on your PID. I suppose that’s why I have been so satisfied there. Very tasty and smooth. I don’t think I’ll adjust my PID but just make note of a few settings and where I fall. A946EA0D-B3B7-48A6-AC5B-49BB97E3195C.jpeg
I also ordered the K type surface probe which I believe will be perfect for the DCup but is to large for the VRod.
4A501122-618C-4AC8-9B9B-592FBBE563AC.jpeg
This has been brought up many times before with great detail. I knew there were some new owners around and figure I bring it up again. I got the two items pictured above for $35 from Amazon. A small investment to know and understand your dabbing temps in my opinion. If you haven’t checked out the DCup and TBucket threads there is tons of good info on this.

Digital Multimeter

Surface Probe

Last edited:

Coustu

My MaxVapor Controller came the other day and I’ve had some time to play with it a bit. First.. I thought it was gonna be the Max Vapor unit that they sell on their website but with button on top and an aluminum cover provided by NV like the NV controller cover is made but I was pleasantly surprised to see that NV built the actual housing for this MV. There ain’t nothing inside that beautiful box except electronics, that’s really cool! But functionally I really do like the dashboard... possibly because my VROD is setup right on my desk next to ‘puter so it kinda integrates everything on the desk. Heating profiles are cool and very useful. Not too sure about the usefulness of other widgets available such as Cold Boot and temperature trend, at least I haven’t yet found a use for them. Haven’t yet figured out how to make “uptemp” work for me either. But it’s really cool.. will keep playing with it.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
ordered a K type digital multi meter to play with on my VRod. Using the supplied probes and a music stand to hold a bit of downward pressure on the disk I can (ruffly) measure the temp of the dish. My PID is set to 595F and the bottom surface of my quartz 25mm dish is 475F. Correct me if I am wrong but this is called the offset and can be adjusted for by changing the delta setting on your PID. I suppose that’s why I have been so satisfied there. Very tasty and smooth. I don’t think I’ll adjust my PID but just make note of a few settings and where I fall. View attachment 3325
I also ordered the K type surface probe which I believe will be perfect for the DCup but is to large for the VRod.
View attachment 3326
This has been brought up many times before with great detail. I knew there were some new owners around and figure I bring it up again. I got the two items pictured above for $35 from Amazon. A small investment to know and understand your dabbing temps in my opinion. If you haven’t checked out the DCup and TBucket threads there is tons of good info on this.

Digital Multimeter

Surface Probe

You did good. The ribbon probe is a proper choice. I posted a bit in the DCup forum on my temperature tests and tools, but ended up posting more in the TCup thread as there was more interest. A search by USER in that particular thread will find them.

Remember the temperature offsets are NOT linear. My DCup sapphire is a +65f offset at 465f. I program that into the Maxvapor PID, that now allows a direct temperature offset to be adjusted. The Auber 300 needs a few more steps but you can do the same.

I like knowing within a few degrees my dish temp is, but obviously if you don’t enjoy the science project of getting there, whatever number temp you like is a marker. Most shared temps are probably just the unadjusted PID readout, so there is little standardization.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
You did good. The ribbon probe is a proper choice. I posted a bit in the DCup forum on my temperature tests and tools, but ended up posting more in the TCup thread as there was more interest. A search by USER in that particular thread will find them.

Remember the temperature offsets are NOT linear. My DCup sapphire is a +65f offset at 465f. I program that into the Maxvapor PID, that now allows a direct temperature offset to be adjusted. The Auber 300 needs a few more steps but you can do the same.

I like knowing within a few degrees my dish temp is, but obviously if you don’t enjoy the science project of getting there, whatever number temp you like is a marker. Most shared temps are probably just the unadjusted PID readout, so there is little standardization.
I appreciate that @RustyOldNail your posts really provided a lot to my understanding of all this and the tools to use. Saved me some $ by guiding me in the cheap/good enough direction. Thanks again. Your posts have been very helpful.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Thanks @The Stray Fox and @RustyOldNail for the information and links. Got both in my cart now as I too really like the mad science type stuff. As a new vrod owner (well almost a month of honeymoon now) I really appreciate the knowledge. I’m totally new to the concentrates game so it’s all a learning experience for me...a fun one.
That’s great. I was hoping some other members would see it your way and want to dive in. I love the science too. Let us know how it goes and what you discover.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: someTooL

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
ordered a K type digital multi meter to play with on my VRod. Using the supplied probes and a music stand to hold a bit of downward pressure on the disk I can (ruffly) measure the temp of the dish. My PID is set to 595F and the bottom surface of my quartz 25mm dish is 475F. Correct me if I am wrong but this is called the offset and can be adjusted for by changing the delta setting on your PID. I suppose that’s why I have been so satisfied there. Very tasty and smooth. I don’t think I’ll adjust my PID but just make note of a few settings and where I fall. View attachment 3325
View attachment 3326

Digital Multimeter

Surface Probe

nice! im impressed! I think we call it the "delta" here...

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
That’s great. I was hoping some other members would see it your way and want to dive in. I love the science too. Let us know how it goes and what you discover.
Did someone said science? Thanks to you I decided to get one too. I was always curious about those temperature meter but I wasn't sure what to get so I grab the same things you got. I need to read the post from @RustyOldNail again in the T-Bucket thread since I already forgot everything but I'm looking forward to play with this. Do we have a thread dedicated to this somewhere or are the info scattered in different threads?

someTooL

FYI . The 14mm glass bowl is showing back in stock. Snagged! ...and a grinder, maybe some screens too.

someTooL,
Reactions: Coustu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Do we have a thread dedicated to this somewhere or are the info scattered in different threads?
As long as it doesn't derail the thread, it's fine to post about temperatures.

I did this test three years ago to see the differences between the sic dish and the Ti SH dish. Controller was set to 680°F.:science:
sh-vs-sic-at-680-F.jpg

:peace:

Top Bottom