Newbie question : Does the Effect of Strains work the Same as for Smoking?

Flotsam

Ok i am still new to vaping so not sure how things work.
My question is related to strains and how vaping strains compared to smoking same.
For example if i am looking for a morning wake and bake does the Sativa effects work vaping in a similar manner as when you smoke a bowl?
Conversely would a deep Indica cause couch lock? I don't want to keep myself up all night by choosing a Sativa right before bed time.

The reason i ask is when i look at the board at a dispensary and they list Concentrates you don't see a Sativa/Hybrid/Indica designation. So just confused on this topic.

Flotsam,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The reason i ask is when i look at the board at a dispensary and they list Concentrates you don't see a Sativa/Hybrid/Indica designation. So just confused on this topic.
It sounds like you are asking specifically about concentrates? We do like vaping concentrates here, but the major of threads are about dry herb vapes, just to let you know. And most of the things you "know" about smoking cannabis still applies.

That being said there is a lot of misinformation about leaf shape and effects. While there are certainly more uplifting strains, indica, sativa, and hybrid are pretty much not sufficient categories to define this. Indica and Sativa describe the appearance, not the effects. And of course all modern strains are hybrids.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Rodney

Rodney

Also vaping at different temperatures gives different affects. For example a lot of people I know vape at lower temperature 180C during the day ant higher temp 220C at night.

Strain affects will be the same but stronger imo than with combusting, so sativa will still give you sativa affects and Indica Indica affects but as grass yes says above most are hybrids so.

What you want to do is test out at different temperatures 180C 200C 220C and see how you like things.

Just keep in mind you gave combustion a chance and tested and tried out different things with that so do the same with vaping and you will be enjoying it at all times of the day much more than you did combusting.

Rodney,

Flotsam

thanks for the quick replys. I agree there is a lot more to it than just Sativa vs Indica and i hate to generalize. But i appreciate the insight

Flotsam,
Top Bottom