Newbie need help on vap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinton

I've applied for a legal license in Canada and it shoud be here 2-3weeks.
I have'nt go a clue about marihuana except that you smoke it,.
So cant anyone suggest the best way to inhale and the best vap for a beginner.

I've checked the web and there is a dozens of vap and I havent got a clue where to start.

The supplier has indica and sativa.

I have MS spasms, ADHD, Tourettes (tics), Bipolar 3 so you can see that I'Ve hit the jackpot..

Again I dont even know how to mix with my problems. All I was told is to use indica..

thanks

Vinton,

anslinger

I can certainly vouch for the Herbalaire 2.1. I've got three years with it and it still works a charm.

If I were buying a vaporizer today, though, I'd go for the Purple Days or the I Inhale. This forum has several users of all of these.

Do you need to vape on the go? Or is something you leave at home all right?

anslinger,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You have a lot of options, but your need to give us some information so we can give you the proper recommendation!

What is your price range?

Would you like a direct-draw unit, or something that utilizes bags, perhaps both?

Also, is portability and issue? What about discreetness?

And last but not least, what do you desire in terms of aesthetics? Would you prefer a modern look, 'industrial', or perhaps a wooden vaporizer?

So many choices, but I guarantee we can help you find the right one, you may be faced with one tough decision though. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hi, Vinton.

Spiral is right, if you have some time, take a look around this form and you'll see you have a wide selection!

I'm hesitant to recommend a model without more info from you (don't want to sound like a spokesman), but considering that this will be your first experience with marijuana, I'd have to suggest the small and accurate dosing of the Purple-Days. It's also one of the most durable units out there so less worry if you drop it due to spasms.

Hope you can find some relief in mother nature and a healthy option in vapor. :)

As for indica vs sativa, I really don't know what is recommended for your conditions. Health Canada doesn't provide any info with this program? Probably someone else here can help with that.

vtac,

Vinton

As I said I havent got a clue what to do..
I need a permanent unit but occasionnal I will away and will need a portable unit.
Coud I use a portable unit all the time?

Also accorcing to my problems listed in my posting what type and mixture would you recommend?

As for my budget, I would spend around $150.00

Thanks

Vinton,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Well, I'm going to say the Purple-Days from your post above. I have owned one for some time and thoroughly enjoy it.

Truth be told, for 150 bucks, it is the best vaporizer you can get. It is portable, as it is the size of a soda can and comes with a car adapter, and it can be left on 24/7. It's easy to use and extremely effective. If you'd like to get the scoop on the Purple-Days vape in 6 minutes, here is a video review I made. Otherwise, check out the extensive Purple-Days thread for any and all information and questions! Huge fanbase here. :cool:

I wish I could give you more advice on the medical marijuana, but I really know little about it, especially the conditions you have and the relief your seeking... have you tried Marijuana.com's medical marijuana subforum?

Other than the Purple-Days, the only other unit, within that price range, and that is semi-portable is the VaporWarez.... it has glass components so it isn't nearly as durable, but it isn't too bulky and has a 5 year warranty, it is a quality vaporizer for under 150.

Let us know if we can help you anymore. That is what we are here for! :D I hope that the herb helps with your conditions too, let us know. :)

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
For $150 it's a no brainer...get a Purple Days. If you want to 'try' marijuana first you could save $100 and get a VaporGenie. It's a cheap and effective unit, although not the easiest to use.

stickstones,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
I have MS spasms, ADHD, Tourettes (tics), Bipolar 3 so you can see that I'Ve hit the jackpot..

Again I dont even know how to mix with my problems. All I was told is to use indica..
im not sure how it will work for you with your ms and tourettes, but i personally use cannabis to help treat my adhd, bipolar type 2, and anxiety disorder
i can vouch for indicas effectiveness against at least these three that i have
for adhd it slows down your mind and will cut down on mental distractions while youre sober and to a lesser degree while youre under the psychoactive effects
for the bipolar, it will chill me out and keep me from bouncing off the walls during hypomanic, and make sleeping easier. for the depressive eps, it doesnt really cure it, but it acts as an abortant. basically i vape some ganja, watch something funny and it facilitates the lifting of my spirit quite nicely

beyond that, i find that having the metabolites (leftovers from when your liver metabolizes thc) in my system helps to kill a lot of my anxiety, up to 5 days after use

welcome to the forum, i wish you the greatest luck, and if you find that it works for you personally (the medicine effects everyone differently) i would definately vouch for the purple days, especially for a person like you who hasnt already built up a tolerance. it allows you to use small amounts of herb and to adjust your dose much more precisely than other vapes

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
My vote goes to purple days in that price range. Easy to use and easy to dose properly. Good luck finding strains to treat your illness.

stonemonkey55,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
$150 = Purple-Days (PD). And just so you know everyone above vouching for the PD are experienced vappers who have all own other vapes (except AoZ) and none of us had heard of the PD before joining the forum.

Your in good hands :lol:

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
vaporcloud said:
$150 = Purple-Days (PD). And just so you know everyone above vouching for the PD are experienced vappers who have all own other vapes (except AoZ) and none of us had heard of the PD before joining the forum.

Your in good hands :lol:
yup, the pd is my first vape and my first experience with a vape even, im happy with it even though i have nothing to compare it to, its a really solid choice

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vtac said:
I'd have to suggest the small and accurate dosing of the Purple-Days.
This is a good statement and important for a medicinal user getting into MJ for the first time. There are other vaps out there for $150 that are proven and work very very well - but many hit hard and can be alittle inaccurate. For the experienced looking to get high this is not such as issue but for a newbie it is easier to start slowly with the PD and work up to what is required and then replicate that whenever necessary.

vaporcloud,

Beezleb

I seriously recommend the Purple Days vaporizer for people in your situation. The makers are first rate and have worked with everyone who had a question or an issue here.

I have been imbibing weed for many many years and the Purple Days Vaporizer is my number one recommendation for those who come to the plant for medical reasons who do not have any real familiarity with weed and consuming it through vaping.

The PD is easy to use with its set temperature being preset and that it is very efficient delivering draws from a small bit of plant material.

It is also very durable, simple easy to clean I believe and stealthy.

If you are interested in something more traditional to like smoking with it from an electric vape I recommend Da Buddha Vaporizer, which is what I use. However it what is called a whip vape and is one of the few whip vapes to be highly praised. There is also the SSV, Silver Surfer Vaporizer which is the big brother to Da Buddha. I would also consider the Warez 3g or I think they have a Warez 4g now. With whip vapes I recommend "hands free" which about all vapes can come that way but not all vapes come that was automatically. One good thing about the PD is that "hands free" or "standard" is mute as its model design makes the issue mute.

There are also lighter based vapes like the vapor genie in which you use much like a traditional bowl. You simply fill your bowl with weed and place a ceramic filter over it and hit like a traditional bowl. This has a bit of a learning curve and you can burn your weed but I understand once you get the hang of it is a none issue. This is a less expensive option and is one that is often recommend for those new to vaping to determine if they like it or not though it is quite a bit different from an electric vape.

Hope that helps and I highly recommend for new medical weed smokers to check out the PD.

Beezleb,

marcuss

above the clouds
Welcome vinton!!
As you see seems that the PD is the key for your first vapor experience...i never test it but i'm sure this forum is the first for true infos from real PD users....so this should be helpful for you!

In my opinion Indica should work for you but as AoZ said this medecine acts differently for different people so you can start testing Indica strains then you can try the Sativa strain end eventually mix them to get your personal healing.

I suggest you to visit this forum that actually is the right place for a medical mj user:

www.treatingyourself.com

Take care and let us know how the vapor works for you!

marcuss,

P0KERF1SH

Hi Vinton,

Welcome! I also suggest your go for the PD unit. At $150 it is an amazing bargain, simple to use and it is significantly more efficient that other vapes I have tried. Since you are new I suggest you also pick up an inexpensive grinder to use with it.

Best wishes!!! :)

P0KERF1SH,

MauiWowee

Acolyte of Zinglon said:

im not sure how it will work for you with your ms and tourettes, but i personally use cannabis to help treat my adhd, bipolar type 2, and anxiety disorder
for adhd it slows down your mind and will cut down on mental distractions while youre sober and to a lesser degree while youre under the psychoactive effects
for the bipolar, it will chill me out and keep me from bouncing off the walls during hypomanic, and make sleeping easier. for the depressive eps, it doesnt really cure it, but it acts as an abortant. basically i vape some ganja, watch something funny and it facilitates the lifting of my spirit quite nicely

beyond that, i find that having the metabolites (leftovers from when your liver metabolizes thc) in my system helps to kill a lot of my anxiety, up to 5 days after use
Great post! I'm new, and I self-medicate for ADHD and some anxiety too. I just got a vape today for the first time. Bought it at the local head shop for $35.00, and it works great! I can't believe I waited this long to get onboard the vape train. Oh well, better late than never!

:brow:

MauiWowee,

extremechick

MauiWowee said:
Acolyte of Zinglon said:

Great post! I'm new, and I self-medicate for ADHD and some anxiety too. I just got a vape today for the first time. Bought it at the local head shop for $35.00, and it works great! I can't believe I waited this long to get onboard the vape train. Oh well, better late than never!

:brow:
Forgive me for getting off topic, but I vape for medicinal reasons, too. (anxiety, bipolar) I was wondering how long it would take before I ran into fellow MMJ users :)

Helps me sleep, helps my anxiety, helps my mood swings, unlike pills, talk therapy, or alcohol (yuck)

extremechick,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Helps me sleep, helps my anxiety, helps my mood swings, unlike pills, talk therapy, or alcohol (yuck)
yes ive tried all of these as well (save alcohol, im still underage) and none of them work nearly as well for me as cannabis has, unfortunately, when i discussed with my parents about me actually getting a mmj card, they immediately attacked me and told me that it only heped "because it makes you high and you only think your better but your not" (what the fuck do the pharms do? when i stopped taking those i had withdrawals for a month and severely reduced libido for 3 months following, and i tapered off, i didnt go cold turkey... not fun at all)

i really think im all the better for dropping the pharms, but i hate having to lie to my parents about what i do to treat my conditions, and i wish they could accept that im an adult and am capable of making my own informed decisions (much more informed than them on the subject)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
AofZ - can't remember if you're still in high school or not, but if not, why not move out? At least they are open enough to let you get the card, man, my folks would flip if they found out. Cannabis is punishable by death in certain countries in Asia...:o

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i think you misread, they are not open, or else i would already have it. and i cant move out because i cant find a job anywhere, and i wouldnt be able to make it on the streets
im not still in high school, sine my bday was in nov, i started school a year early. so im in my second semester of college right now

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sorry about that, I mis-read. I thought they were cool with it, but would rather have you take the pharma drugs...

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
they want me to either take the pharms or nothing, my mom seems to be convinced that mmj is only for people who are terminally ill, and any evidence to the contrary that i provide is swiftly ignored, even though if it was only meant for the terminally ill the phrase "any other condition for which it provides relief" would not have been included in the actual law

it also seems that they go out of their way to alienate me, and they wasted no time alienating my girl and now she thinks they hate her and she feels really uncomfortable coming over here

im sorry, ive dragged this thread off topic a bit to much, there are very few thigs that actually enrage me, but this is one of them

Acolyte of Zinglon,

CapnVape

Howdy Vinton,

I also have my legal license in Canada, or "The Gold Card" as it's known because it's so damn hard to get.

Purple days, I have to jump on the bandwagon here. The PD works well as a medi-vape because it's on 24/7, it's portable, and it's great for dosing. It also happens to be $150, shipping included, so it fits right in your budget.

If your looking for info on different strains for medical use I would go to Treatingyourself.com . It's a pure medical marijuana site I recommend to all med-users. I would bet you will get better results from the indica's based on your symptoms, but even different indicas may work better than others.

Peace and Good Health

CapnVape,

eLiguL

Purple Days = $150USD x 1.26(XE.com) = $189 + customs/taxes = $200CAD approx.

A little more than $150 but still a steal!

eLiguL,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom