• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New to using an enail - a few quick questions please

the123321

I am new to dabbing and I just bought my first enail with the auber rdk-300b and the 25mm axial from 710 coils with a thick greek glass opaque bottom banger. I mostly just dab now and I do it all along during the day usually with anywhere from 30 minutes to like 2 hours between dabs usually in the 30 minutes to 1 hour range though.

Do you leave your enail on all day or with a use frequency like that would you turn it off and back on every 30 minutes to 2 hours that I use it during the day? Is it better for it to stay on all day or turn on and off like 8-12 times a day when using it?

I wanted to try an enail because even though I do cold starts and I try to swab the banger with iso and water after every dab it still gets really black on the bottom of the banger and then I end up using a lot of butane trying to burn it off so I thought an enail would make cleaning easier and not waste butane. Do you clean with your enail like that? Like let it get hot to burn off the black or can you tell me a way to use the enail to dab that makes it easier to keep the banger clean?

I am coming from cold start dabs and I have an opaque bottom banger and I do small to mid size dabs usually. What temperature would you start at on it? I just turn it on wait then check the temperature with a laser thermometer and then dab when it is at the right temp and thats it? Do you take your coil off your banger in between hits?

I am sorry for so much text but this was a bit of an investment and I want to make sure I get the most out of it.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Congrats on your first e-nail!

I typically leave mine on the entire time I am at home/awake usually 12+ hours per day if I'm not at work. I've read its better for the life of the coil to minimize turning it off and on, temp fluctuations are harder on it then just leaving it on.

I do usually run a ruby or sic insert which helps keep my banger somewhat cleaner but regardless of if I'm using a insert or not I always wipe down the inside with a dry q-tip or two, I really like glob mops. For deeper cleaning it use warm simple green or I make a baking soda paste. Torch cleaning is fine also but I never do it.

I don't have a ton of input on temp to use as it's more of a personal choice but your right on about using the laser thermometer to figure it out. I never remove my coil from my banger except for deep cleaning.

the123321

Thanks. If you leave the enail on all day do you leave it at your dabbing temperature all day or do you have a lower standby temp you leave it at and then raise it when you take a dab on it?

the123321,
Reactions: arb

the123321

Thanks. I just feel a little weird leaving a 500 degree thing on all day when I am only using it for a total combined time of like 15 or 20 minutes of dabbing in a whole day. That is why I asked. That would be easier to leave it on. Like leaving 500 degrees on a quartz banger all day does not damage it?

the123321,

Kins

I am pretty new to dabbing myself. I've tried an Oura, focus v carta for e-rigs. I've also tried a stache rio and finally I tried a regular rig and torch. The e-rigs are a pain in the ass with something always going wrong and having to replace atomizers and so on and so fourth. The also impart and off taste to the vapor due to the vapor path going over electronics and plastic. The Oura is the worst of the e-rigs. The last thing I'm gonna try is an e-rig and I'll be able to get one soon. I'm not sure but I think most people have bangers that get stained and they can't be cleaned anymore. I tried cleaning one of my bangers with a torch but the fire alarm went off. I live in an apartment building so that's not good.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Like leaving 500 degrees on a quartz banger all day does not damage it?
I think heating and cooling the banger often damages it more than when it is at a stable temp.

Like a banger used with a torch breaks faster than a coil banger that is on all day. Is my theory.
Anyone has some first hand experience on this?

the123321

Thanks. Hi. I set up my auber rdk 300b with a 25mm 710 coil. I set the oth to 67 which is what 710 said to do for 150w coil. I use a laser thermometer on it and even after 10 minutes of heating the coil is only 300 degrees and the banger is only 300 degrees. I should not need to set the unit to like 800 degrees to get the coil to 500 degrees should I? Thanks!

the123321,

Kins

My enail and small tiny rig tipped over and fell onto some plastic qtips. There is now this piece of plastic stuck on the coil.... Attempting to burn it off now but it doesn't seem to be working. Any tips on how to get it clean?....

Kins,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@the123321 This is a bit off topic from your first question but I see you are using a laser temperature reader and thought I’d shine some light on that topic. Ive been using NewVapes e-banger called the DCup. I’ve picked up a lot of great info on how to properly measure temps using a PID in the DCup and TBucket threads. The setting on your PID is not the temperature of your banger. You have to take the offset/delta into account. I have also discovered that laser temperature readers don’t work the best for reading the temperature of bangers. A better option is a digital multimeter with a k type ribbon probe. They’re around $20 on Amazon. Here is a post I did talking about this. The link for the meter is at the bottom of the post.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/page-714#post-1517603

arb

Semi shaved ape
My enail and small tiny rig tipped over and fell onto some plastic qtips. There is now this piece of plastic stuck on the coil.... Attempting to burn it off now but it doesn't seem to be working. Any tips on how to get it clean?....
Torch?

arb,
Top Bottom