New to forum: Don't smoke anymore/convert me to vaporizers? LOL

Notsureaboutvapes

graywulf said:
1) DO ANY OF YOU FORMER SMOKERS WHO USED TO USE LARGE AMOUNTS THROUGH BOWLS, BONGS, BLUNTS....FEEL THAT VAPORIZERS CAN REALLY GET YOU EVERY BIT AS HIGH IN THE SAME WAY....AND WITHOUT HURTING YOUR LUNGS??

No. Vaporizing leaves certain actives in marijuana that are only released at higher, combustion temperatures. The highs are different.

3) I've been told about 3 vaporizers that people liked a lot:

1: The one that was Strongly recommended to me was the Silver Surfer, guy loved it...also

2: The Volcano Classic... and

3: The Vapor-Tech Pyramid

I've used the Silver Surfer and Volcano classic. Two different vapes, the SSV has a whip you inhale through and the Volcano has a bag you fill and take multiple hits from. SSV can deliver large rips and is more efficient than the Volc, while the Volcano is easy to use and pass around.

4) IF I WERE TO USE A VAPORIZER, I THINK I WOULD ALSO WANT TO TASTE THE SMOKE, AND SMELL IT AS WELL SOMEWHAT, MAYBE EVEN SEE IT IN THE AIR, IS THIS POSSIBLE??

Yes, easily. Except it's not smoke.

5) ARE THERE PORTABLE VAPORIZERS THAT DON'T NEED AN ELECTRICAL CORD THAT CAN BE TAKEN OUTSIDE?

The Launch Box, Vapor Genie, Iolite, Purple-Days (with a battery pack sold separately).
Ok, so the highs are different, I can accept that cause one way some people have said it's different is because the vapor high is a more relaxed high.

But what I really want to know is CAN THE VAPOR HIGH BE EVERY BIT AS INTENSE AS THE HIGH FROM SMOKING IN IT'S OWN PARTICULAR WAY??

Can you get really really messed up from vaporizing like you can from smoking, or is it always less intense??

Do some people who have smoked large quantities before actually prefer the vapor high??

Notsureaboutvapes,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yes its every bit as intense, even more intense per volume because vaporizers are generally more efficient.

I used to smoke very large quantities and prefer the vape high so much, i could never go back to smoking as my main method of consumption.

Survivalism,

Notsureaboutvapes

Survivalism said:
Yes its every bit as intense, even more intense per volume because vaporizers are generally more efficient.

I used to smoke very large quantities and prefer the vape high so much, i could never go back to smoking as my main method of consumption.
Wow, this is something for me to remember.

So what kind of vaporizer do you usually use?

Notsureaboutvapes,

lwien

Notsureaboutvapes said:
See the vapes in his sig.

I got a suggestion. You may want to spend some time reading the tons of info here. I came here before I purchased my first vape and spent countless hours reading the wealth of information here before I ever posted up my first question. Believe me, you will find most of the answers that you are looking for.

lwien,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yeah definatly do a bunch of reading around here on FC, we have discussed every good vaporizer on the market in length.

I own the vapes in my sig like lwien has said, i also used to own a Volcano Classic but i sold that to get the money for my vriptech setup.

I dont have the money to consume the herb carelessly at this moment so i use my purple days 98% of the time, but i LOVE the vriptech setup, and i love my friends SSV.

I use my iolite anytime i am away from a power outlet.

Survivalism,

Notsureaboutvapes

lwien said:
Notsureaboutvapes said:
See the vapes in his sig.

I got a suggestion. You may want to spend some time reading the tons of info here. I came here before I purchased my first vape and spent countless hours reading the wealth of information here before I ever posted up my first question. Believe me, you will find most of the answers that you are looking for.
Thanks.

Notsureaboutvapes,

graywulf

lwien, i take that back, it's actually too hard to tell. The volcano does seem to tear through weed, but that's usually because we have a lot of hungry mouths on a very massive bag.

graywulf,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
It doesn't sound like you want something like a purplle days.

I'd recommend a vrip tech, extreme or a volcano if you're tryna drop dough

bluntfaced,

Qbit

cannabanana
Notsureaboutvapes said:
Survivalism said:

Wow, this is something for me to remember.

No, I couldn't go back to smoking either - it seems to be the overwhelming sentiment at this site (I think that's safe to say). Not only do I find vapour healthier, but I much prefer it to smoke (plus the efficiency works wonders on the weed budget).

I know you don't like technical stuff, Nsav, but I'm going to get a little bit longwinded here, as I'll try to explain a few things to you about smoking vs vapourizing as I see it, and I'll try to make them as clear as possible to someone unfamiliar with the subject.

Now, to begin with, there's the fact that a lot of the effect you get from smoking is a result of inhaling all the other nasties - a cocktail of noxious gasses like carbon monoxide and benzine as well as smoke particulates (most of the stuff you can see). If you try smoking some random bit of non-toxic leafy plant matter (say some dry grass) it will make your head spin for a bit - and then you'll probably just cough and feel nauseous.

What's responsible in weed for getting you ripped are the cannabinoids, a big list of related chemicals, with the most significant one being THC. These actually take about 10-15 minutes to properly kick in, and it generally takes a short while before you can even begin to feel their effects. So when you take that bong hit (or joint toke), you're really just getting a smoke rush at the start. Of course, the high that comes after that helps cushion you against the unpleasant comedown from the smoke.

Naturally, you can be psychologically attached to that smoke rush. You like smoke because smoke get you high. Vapourizing can take some getting used to, as you just don't get quite that same thump to the head when you inhale - you can still feel it, but it's much lighter and more pleasantly aromatic. If you stay with it for a little while, you may well grow to like it, because vapour gets you high too. Or then you might just take to it like a duck to water, as I did (and I know I'm not the only one here).

Mind you, there is that one other matter about smoking vs vaping, which Graywulf mentioned. Because smoking involves higher temperatures than vaping, you tend to get a bit of a different high due to some of the more obscure cannabinoids only being fully released at higher temperatures. This is true, but the highs aren't vastly different by any means - just a couple of shades. Hey, it's still weed. And the benefit from those small amounts of remaining chemicals you don't get from vaping (and they are few) just aren't worth the ordeal of having to breathe in smoke, at least not for me.

And, anyway, I always just collect the leftovers from vaping (or 'ABV' - already been vaped), cook it up in oil (using my own little thermometer method), and eat it. That gets those high-temp goodies into me. Often puts me to sleep.:ko:

As for which vapourizer to use? Well, that depends on your needs. I'll leave it up to others to advise you there - check the threads in the Vaporizer Discussion forum.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewforum.php?id=2

Qbit,

purplechango

As a new convert, my opinion is this. I was actually considering quitting smoking period. I just did not get high anymore, or it seemed like I had to smoke more and more to get the same effects.

Matter of fact, I was smoking some good lookin stuff that disappointed me. The day I got my knock off vape,( and even though i knew nothing about vaping) The new experiance knocked me on my ass.
, i put the exact same bud into the machine. at that the bud was moist...i didnt know about drying yet.

So as far as the high goes. yeah vaping has renewed my fiath in green.

and i dont think ill go back.....but then i stick to the high grade and dont mess with the reggie

purplechango,
Top Bottom