New to forum: Don't smoke anymore/convert me to vaporizers? LOL

Notsureaboutvapes

Hey,

I'm entirely new to this forum and probably will not be posting here very often, particularly because I try to avoid thinking about that "green substance" very frequently (QUESTION: CAN WE USE THE "W" WORD HERE??
(LOL, I would imagine we can, just being careful...)

I quit W**d 2 1/2 years ago and only slipped up once 2 months back and I have an addictive personality.

While there are also other reasons for my quitting, the main factor is that I do martial arts very seriously and have mild asthma and after years of smoking my lungs started to suffer and I started losing the capacity to train hard and compete well so I had to quit.

Now I know at SOME point in my life I will probably smoke again...but I want to make that as Far from now as physically possible cause I need to use the next 5-10 years while my lungs are still young for martial arts competition. I don't really even know if I would ever even touch a vaporizer at this point.

BUT...shortly before quitting I bought a vaporizer called the "Vapir" and I HATED it. I admit, I only used it one time and didn't know what I was doing, but I felt like it barely did anything for me and was just a tease.

I mean I felt NOTHING from it.

Maybe it was also cause I was someone who smoked a gram a day everyday out of bowls and bongs and had such a high tolerance.

I am not really looking to get back into it....I mean, you guys would know how it is, it's hard to forget how much you love a substance even years after quitting.

But IF....in fact someone told me it was true I could enjoy a vaporizer which wouldn't hurt my lungs AT ALL...EVERY BIT as much as I liked smoking...

Well then...It would certainly make me consider it......

Now:

I've only looked at these forums a little bit BUT:

I'VE NOTICED A LOT OF TECHNICAL JARGON.

I CANNOT understand that sort of stuff LOL.

I mean, I'm someone who gets confused about how to use my stove properly LOL.

So any discussions about vaporizers that get into specific temperatures and devices and knobs and gizmos LOL....will go COMPLETELY over my head so lets keep it simple.

COUPLE QUESTIONS FOR PEOPLE:

1) DO ANY OF YOU FORMER SMOKERS WHO USED TO USE LARGE AMOUNTS THROUGH BOWLS, BONGS, BLUNTS....FEEL THAT VAPORIZERS CAN REALLY GET YOU EVERY BIT AS HIGH IN THE SAME WAY....AND WITHOUT HURTING YOUR LUNGS??

I'd like to believe it was possible, but frankly, I find it hard to buy.

2) HAVE ANY OF YOU USED THE VAPIR AND DID YOU DISLIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DID??

3) I've been told about 3 vaporizers that people liked a lot:

1: The one that was Strongly recommended to me was the Silver Surfer, guy loved it...also

2: The Volcano Classic... and

3: The Vapor-Tech Pyramid which only sounded interesting to me because it was also Possible to actually SMOKE with it, and it sounds cool to actually have that option, even though I'm not even sure I'll ever vaporize in my entire life, let alone smoke again...

HAVE ANY OF YOU USED THESE AND WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ANY OF THEM?

4) IF I WERE TO USE A VAPORIZER, I THINK I WOULD ALSO WANT TO TASTE THE SMOKE, AND SMELL IT AS WELL SOMEWHAT, MAYBE EVEN SEE IT IN THE AIR, IS THIS POSSIBLE??

I mean, I'd imagine it isn't, after all, it's vapor, not smoke, when I tried the vaporizer I used, it had the faintest smell and taste, and that was yet another reason it turned me off.

I like the visceral experience. I want to taste it, smell it, see the smoke/vapor patterns in the air around me.

Sounds like I might be out of luck if I am looking for that in a vaporizer???

Even so...IF I THOUGHT A VAPORIZER COULD ACTUALLY MAKE ME FEEL JUST AS HIGH....AND I MEAN THE SAME SORT OF HIGH...AS A BONG OR BOWL...I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET USED TO NOT GETTING TO TASTE, SMELL OR SEE THE SMOKE AS MUCH.

Also,

5) ARE THERE PORTABLE VAPORIZERS THAT DON'T NEED AN ELECTRICAL CORD THAT CAN BE TAKEN OUTSIDE?

Beyond all this is the fact that even if I DID find i liked a vaporizer, I doubt I'd be able to control myself in the college town I live in and sooner or later would probably progress back into smoking regularly in social settings and that is something I simply Cannot allow to happen.

Well...

That's enough questions for now LOL.

Like I said, I won't be on here too often, because too much thinking about this will really make me crazy and run out and start smoking again, and I usually try to distract myself from those thoughts as much as possible.

But any answers would be appreciated.

Notsureaboutvapes,

Notsureaboutvapes

Also, sorry about the extremely long length of the post and my excessive use of caps locks LOL.

On other forums I have been told this is annoying, but I just have this habit of feeling if I'm trying to say something important I need to put it in caps to emphasize.

And the rambling on and on thing...well that's just my inquisitive nature I guess LOL.

Notsureaboutvapes,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Vapes are actually more efficient then smoking, meaning for the ammount you would use in comparison to smoking a bowl, you should actually get higher.

The high from a vape is a bit different, i find it much more clear, and thoroughly enjoy it more then the high i get from smoking.

The SSV is a GREAT unit, ive used it many times and love it.

The volcano is also a great unit, but you pay extra for the Volcano name.

I dont think the pyramid has been discussed here on FC, meaning its probably not very good

I usually describe vaporizing as tasting the smell of the weed, and yes most vaporizers will give you some HUGE clouds with amazing taste.

Yes their are a few portable vapes just for that situation, the VaporGenie is basically a pipe that uses a lighter for the heat source ( takes practice ), their is the Iolite, which uses butane, and their is the Magic Flight Launch box ( uses rechargable batteries )

Your lungs are made to absorb gas, vapor is a gas, thus their are no health risks involved with inhaling vapor like their is smoke.

Hope this was helpfull.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGN2c0lD2I4

That is a video of the Vriptech VHW in action

Survivalism,

Notsureaboutvapes

So I might get a response and my post is more reader friendly...These are JUST THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FROM MY POST ABOVE: (ignore the rest if you want)

1) DO ANY OF YOU FORMER SMOKERS WHO USED TO USE LARGE AMOUNTS THROUGH BOWLS, BONGS, BLUNTS....FEEL THAT VAPORIZERS CAN REALLY GET YOU EVERY BIT AS HIGH IN THE SAME WAY....AND WITHOUT HURTING YOUR LUNGS??

I'd like to believe it was possible, but frankly, I find it hard to buy.

2) HAVE ANY OF YOU USED THE VAPIR AND DID YOU DISLIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DID??

1: The one that was Strongly recommended to me was the Silver Surfer, guy loved it...also

3: The Vapor-Tech Pyramid which only sounded interesting to me because it was also Possible to actually SMOKE with it, and it sounds cool to actually have that option, even though I'm not even sure I'll ever vaporize in my entire life, let alone smoke again...

HAVE ANY OF YOU USED THESE AND WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ANY OF THEM?

4) IF I WERE TO USE A VAPORIZER, I THINK I WOULD ALSO WANT TO TASTE THE SMOKE, AND SMELL IT AS WELL SOMEWHAT, MAYBE EVEN SEE IT IN THE AIR, IS THIS POSSIBLE??

I mean, I'd imagine it isn't, after all, it's vapor, not smoke, when I tried the vaporizer I used, it had the faintest smell and taste, and that was yet another reason it turned me off.

I like the visceral experience. I want to taste it, smell it, see the smoke/vapor patterns in the air around me.

Sounds like I might be out of luck if I am looking for that in a vaporizer???

Even so...IF I THOUGHT A VAPORIZER COULD ACTUALLY MAKE ME FEEL JUST AS HIGH....AND I MEAN THE SAME SORT OF HIGH...AS A BONG OR BOWL...I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET USED TO NOT GETTING TO TASTE, SMELL OR SEE THE SMOKE AS MUCH.

Also,

5) ARE THERE PORTABLE VAPORIZERS THAT DON'T NEED AN ELECTRICAL CORD THAT CAN BE TAKEN OUTSIDE?

Notsureaboutvapes,

Notsureaboutvapes

Survivalism said:
Vapes are actually more efficient then smoking, meaning for the ammount you would use in comparison to smoking a bowl, you should actually get higher.

The high from a vape is a bit different, i find it much more clear, and thoroughly enjoy it more then the high i get from smoking.

The SSV is a GREAT unit, ive used it many times and love it.

The volcano is also a great unit, but you pay extra for the Volcano name.

I dont think the pyramid has been discussed here on FC, meaning its probably not very good

I usually describe vaporizing as tasting the smell of the weed, and yes most vaporizers will give you some HUGE clouds with amazing taste.

Yes their are a few portable vapes just for that situation, the VaporGenie is basically a pipe that uses a lighter for the heat source ( takes practice ), their is the Iolite, which uses butane, and their is the Magic Flight Launch box ( uses rechargable batteries )

Your lungs are made to absorb gas, vapor is a gas, thus their are no health risks involved with inhaling vapor like their is smoke.

Hope this was helpfull.
Yes that is helpful, Thanks for responding.

So basically though...Do you feel that Vaporizers get you as high as smoking out of a bong or bowl does?

I get that the high is different, I've eaten pot food and that's different as well.

But intensity wise is what I'm wondering.

I'm just wondering if you or anyone else has any idea why I felt nothing the one time I used the Vapir Vaporizer.

Do you think I was using it incorrectly? Seems likely since I was new to it.

Or maybe that unit just isn't very good?

If you say I should get higher, then I doubt tolerance would be the reason.

Notsureaboutvapes,

lwien

Notsureaboutvapes said:
I've eaten pot food ........
For some odd reason, scat was the first visual that came to mind......(shaking head vigorously trying to dislodge image) :ninja:

lwien,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I feel that vaporizers get you MUCH higher then smoking out of anything.

The Vapir is an OK unit.. and almost all vapes have a small learning curve. I am pretty confident that you were indeed using it wrong.

Survivalism,

Notsureaboutvapes

lwien said:
Notsureaboutvapes said:
For some odd reason, scat was the first visual that came to mind......(shaking head vigorously trying to dislodge image) :ninja:
I don't know what "scat" is, but I've been to Amsterdam and eaten genuine pot food, shakes, teas, brownies. I've liked them in the past.

Notsureaboutvapes,

Notsureaboutvapes

Survivalism said:
I feel that vaporizers get you MUCH higher then smoking out of anything.

The Vapir is an OK unit.. and almost all vapes have a small learning curve. I am pretty confident that you were indeed using it wrong.
Hmmm, interesting. I don't know, I guess since I was also quitting at that time it left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended LOL).

Anyone who wants to add anything else about how great vaporizers are and how they are better than smoking please feel free.

I'm interested in hearing it.

Notsureaboutvapes,

Durden

I am Jack's title
lwien said:
Notsureaboutvapes said:
Horrible. And I'm making brownies today. :bang:

Durden,

Notsureaboutvapes

That Vriptech VHW looks pretty incredible on the Youtube video.

I mean, it looks just like a bong, anyone else here ever use it or anything like it?

Is it pretty much just a bong with all the positive effects and none of the negative effects of the smoke hurting your lungs?

Do you still get the taste and smell?

If so, that's incredible...

Notsureaboutvapes,

Durden

I am Jack's title
You should go read and/or post in the vriptech vhw thread if you want to know about it, though I can tell you right now that it is as good as it looks.

In general though I have used several vaporizers through bongs, and they definitely do the job and can provide good taste and flavor if used correctly.

I recently switched to vaporizing and have a clearer head both off and on my medication, and I can get by with smoking about 1/4 of what I used to require a day. Not that I ever do ;)
I also sleep better than before. While I'm still working on getting the appetite inducing effects consistently, when I do get them they are just as strong and I never forget to indulge them :D

As a side note, I couldn't care less about caps, but when the post is so long that I can't see the whole thing on a 24 inch monitor it discourages me from reading it thoroughly. Maybe that's why you've found caps to be necessary so far :p

Durden,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yeah i have a VHW and use it with an EHLE 250 bong.

The Vriptech VHW is the wand that you see sm55 holding ( stonemonkey55 is a poster here, thats his video ) and you can buy a special bowl that vriptech has made called the VCB ( vaporization chamber bowl ) which is what you see sm55 using in the video.

You can use any bong pretty much, vriptech now sells VCBs in 14mm gong and 18mm gong. As well as the original VCB in the slider / o ring setup.

I personally use the VHW with a large size roor bowl and it works great, amazingly thick, unbeleivably tasting ( seriously ) ice cooled vapor.

Survivalism,

Notsureaboutvapes

What is a wand?

What's a "slider/ ring set up" is that like a slide for a bong?

I don't know techincal terms when it comes to vaporizers, but just curious, how much does that entire setup cost with vaporizer, bong, bowl, wand-thing etc.??

Can you order that online and if so, what sites would sell that? (Not that I will be anytime soon, but the idea is nice...)

(I'm assuming it's legal to order vaporizers because pipes are legal afterall...)

Notsureaboutvapes,

Notsureaboutvapes

Notsureaboutvapes,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Notsureaboutvapes - thanks for checking out the videos, if you have any questions, plenty of VHW owners here that can help out. The best vaporizer is very subjective but if you are a "bong" person, then I think this is the one for you. I've used bags and whips for years and stuck with vaping because it was good for my health, but once I discovered the VHW, I knew I found the vape that fit my consumption style the best.

They have a great package for 299 that includes everything you need, go to the order page and its called teh Economic Stimulus Package

stonemonkey55,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
That is the website to buy all the vriptech products from, the wand w/ no VCB is $181.

I personally then bought this EHLE 250 : http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__250ml.cfm?iProductID=5909

And this LARGE sized roor bowl : http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Roor_Bowl__145.cfm?iProductID=1591

So my VHW setup looks like this :
1001225f.jpg

Like i said before, you can use any bong you want, i chose to use that EHLE 250, SM55 was using a n3rd custom inline ( n3rd is a glass blower, sm55 had that inline bong custom made for him )

Vriptech sells their VWT ( vaporization water tool ) which is a beaker bong w/ a bent neck. Just take a look around the Vriptech VHW thread in the vaporizer section, and vriptechs website.

let me know if your still confused.

Survivalism,

owin

That's the setup I want survivalism. Kinda jealous. Looks awesome. My EHLE 250 should be here any day now. Soon I will get the VHW.

owin,

Notsureaboutvapes

stonemonkey55 said:
Notsureaboutvapes - thanks for checking out the videos, if you have any questions, plenty of VHW owners here that can help out. The best vaporizer is very subjective but if you are a "bong" person, then I think this is the one for you. I've used bags and whips for years and stuck with vaping because it was good for my health, but once I discovered the VHW, I knew I found the vape that fit my consumption style the best.

They have a great package for 299 that includes everything you need, go to the order page and its called teh Economic Stimulus Package
Thanks.

The only question I have is that on one of the sites it says it's very hard to use and "only for people who are experienced with vaporizing" which isn't me by a long shot, but I'm not planning on buying one now.

Have you found that to be true?

It's cool to have found this forum cause I can at least know the options out there, though for now I am staying away from all forms of consumption, but maybe someday...

Notsureaboutvapes,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
owin said:
That's the setup I want survivalism. Kinda jealous. Looks awesome. My EHLE 250 should be here any day now. Soon I will get the VHW.
I love this setup, the bong is a bit small to smoke out of, but its PERFECT for vapor.. the hits can get so thick its hillarious.

You wont be dissapointed, not one bit :D

About the VHW being for experienced people only, i find that the VHW is pretty damn easy to use. You just need to be carefull because 1). Its glass, and 2). Its hot.

I love showing off my vhw, everyone i know that has used my vhw setup sais that it is their favorite of the vapes i have, i actually sold my Volcano for this VHW setup :D

Survivalism,

graywulf

No. Vaporizing leaves certain actives in marijuana that are only released at higher, combustion temperatures. The highs are different.

3: The Vapor-Tech Pyramid

I've used the Silver Surfer and Volcano classic. Two different vapes, the SSV has a whip you inhale through and the Volcano has a bag you fill and take multiple hits from. SSV can deliver large rips and is more efficient than the Volc, while the Volcano is easy to use and pass around.

Yes, easily. Except it's not smoke.

The Launch Box, Vapor Genie, Iolite, Purple-Days (with a battery pack sold separately).

graywulf,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
graywulf said:

The Launch Box, Vapor Genie, Iolite, Purple-Days (with a battery pack sold separately).
;pd; is NOT a portable if you buy the basic kit. Dont even confuse this guy by putting the PD in that category.

to the OP....I would stick with a less expensive vape for your first choice so you can gauge what you want from there...the vapor genie is ALWAYS a good choice :brow:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

lwien

graywulf said:
SSV can deliver large rips and is more efficient than the Volc........
SSV is more efficient than the 'Cano? This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. I don't have either vape, but I am curious if others agree with this statement. I was under the impression that neither one was very efficient, and that neither one was more efficient than the other.

lwien,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Ive used both and IME the only vapes on the market that are noticeably more efficient than the rest are the Purple Days, ther Herbal Aire, and im assuming the myrtlezap is as efficient as the PD.

Survivalism,
Top Bottom