New Sequoia Atomizer (Saionara Plus Top Air Flow Atomizer) vs Divine Tribe V5

New Sequoia Atomizer (Saionara Plus Top Air Flow Atomizer) or Divine Tribe V5

• New Sequoia Atomizer (Saionara Plus Top Air Flow Atomizer)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Divine Tribe V5

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
What device is better.

the New Sequoia Atomizer or the Divine Tribe V5 ?

The Saionara Plus Top Air Flow Atomizer, also known as the Sequoia, Saionara 2, or Super Saionara in some circles, is the new larger version of the famed original Saionara Top Air Flow. Click Link To see - https://theherbcafe.com/products/crossing-tech-saionara-plus-atomizer?_pos=2&_sid=6d65dff1a&_ss=r

The Divine Tribe v5 atomizer features accurate temperature control (with the right mod), a polished ceramic heating bucket, a vortex airflow-controlled cap, and a built-in heat sink. The DTv4 set the standard of what a great atomizer should be and the new v5 takes it to a whole new level. Click link to see - https://theherbcafe.com/collections/divine-tribe/products/divine-tribe-v5-atomizer

FYI: the mod i use is Istick Power 2 80W

Scusate l intromissione ma quale dei due è più consigliati per l uso con erbe secche ?

Sidvicius,
Franco sorry, it is polite to write in the language used in the forum, thanks as always for your answers.

Sidvicius,
Reactions: Franco

florduh

I’ll echo what @florduh said, the v5 totally outclasses the Sai2/seq in every way. The only way the sai is even close is with the v5 heater and the stability of the way the cup is secured.

Yeah I think the magic of the v5 is in the heater more than the atomizer. I put the v5 heater cups in the m22 atomizer housing.

hash_pipe_2.png

Jah75

Yeah I think the magic of the v5 is in the heater more than the atomizer. I put the v5 heater cups in the m22 atomizer housing.

hash_pipe_2.png
How’s the airflow in that? I know when I had my m22 I had a lot of issues with splatter (of course it could have been other issues causing it, mine was a first run and never worked very well due to thin escc and terrible plating on the first leg iterations)

Jah75,

florduh

How’s the airflow in that? I know when I had my m22 I had a lot of issues with splatter (of course it could have been other issues causing it, mine was a first run and never worked very well due to thin escc and terrible plating on the first leg iterations)

Not much of an issue at all. I do take tiny dabs though. I think the ESCC can be worse than the v5 cup for splatter. Maybe it gets to temp too fast or something. With either cup it seems to mostly just slowly deposit reclaim in the top cap and stem. Not globs of splatter. Airflow is very open and free even with those stem balls.

If you had the FIRST rough SiC ESCC, that was a pretty terrible product. The newer smooth SiC is much better. I'm trying to use the v5 cup as much as possible though. Getting it dialed in to the point where it is as tasty and smooth as the ESCC. Reason being, I'm very concerned about the future of AVS. If they fold and I can no longer source spring clips, I'm fucked. Divine Tribe's business model is much more solid. I should be able to source v5 cups indefinitely.

I saw AVS added an altimeter to their still yet to be released mod. So your dabs can be modified to suit your altitude. Cool. But I'd much rather just finally have a device that offers proper temp control without needing to swap out spring clips every 2 weeks. And even then, the mod now retails for $350. Possibly rising. Without the atomizer. That's an expensive single point of failure for my dabbing setup. The v5 temp controls pretty damn well on readily available $30 mods.

I guess in a world where people will pay $300 for the Puffco Proxy, with a built in unreplaceable battery, it's not that crazy. But still.

florduh,
Reactions: Jah75

Jah75

Not much of an issue at all. I do take tiny dabs though. I think the ESCC can be worse than the v5 cup for splatter. Maybe it gets to temp too fast or something. With either cup it seems to mostly just slowly deposit reclaim in the top cap and stem. Not globs of splatter. Airflow is very open and free even with those stem balls.

If you had the FIRST rough SiC ESCC, that was a pretty terrible product. The newer smooth SiC is much better. I'm trying to use the v5 cup as much as possible though. Getting it dialed in to the point where it is as tasty and smooth as the ESCC. Reason being, I'm very concerned about the future of AVS. If they fold and I can no longer source spring clips, I'm fucked. Divine Tribe's business model is much more solid. I should be able to source v5 cups indefinitely.

I saw AVS added an altimeter to their still yet to be released mod. So your dabs can be modified to suit your altitude. Cool. But I'd much rather just finally have a device that offers proper temp control without needing to swap out spring clips every 2 weeks. And even then, the mod now retails for $350. Possibly rising. Without the atomizer. That's an expensive single point of failure for my dabbing setup. The v5 temp controls pretty damn well on readily available $30 mods.

I guess in a world where people will pay $300 for the Puffco Proxy, with a built in unreplaceable battery, it's not that crazy. But still.
Yeah - mine was one of the unpolished ones and had the funky annodization on the cap. That’s when I went over to the sai, then the v4 and the rest is history.
I did recently replace the mod I have been using (Paranormal 75C), it worked well, but not great and with the v5 I had more issues. I bought one of Seedmass’ GRUS premodded and soldered and - wow. The difference is huge (and I already loved the thing)
The New mod has now pushed my Rio back in the closet. The v5 works much better with smaller dabs and is just more convenient.

Jah75,
  • Love
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Yeah - mine was one of the unpolished ones and had the funky annodization on the cap. That’s when I went over to the sai, then the v4 and the rest is history.
I did recently replace the mod I have been using (Paranormal 75C), it worked well, but not great and with the v5 I had more issues. I bought one of Seedmass’ GRUS premodded and soldered and - wow. The difference is huge (and I already loved the thing)
The New mod has now pushed my Rio back in the closet. The v5 works much better with smaller dabs and is just more convenient.

Hell yeah. I saw those Seedmass batteries and am considering one. DNA's are great and all, but I can't go back to not having autofire. I also realized that for the price of the fancy, as of yet hypothetical, AVS battery I could grab a Seedmass, another backup Pico, a lifetime supply of v5 cups, and a month or two worth of Rosin.

My plan right now is to see if the AVS mod actually comes out within the next few weeks. Then I want to wait for a whole bunch of reviews saying it's the best thing since sliced bread. AND that it delays spring clip changes to only a few times per year. Even then... I gotta wonder how much better it will be than a temp controlled v5. Their mod will cost almost 3 times more than a Seedmass mod. And over 10 times more than my Pico. Kinda doubt it will be 10 times better.

florduh,
Reactions: Jah75

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
The Divine Tribe v5 is better in every way.
I’ll echo what @florduh said, the v5 totally outclasses the Sai2/seq in every way. The only way the sai is even close is with the v5 heater and the stability of the way the cup is secured.
Well, i have the latest mod (istick Power 2) from Eleaf . I think the Divine tribe v5 should work straight out of the box. like i don't require custom firmware. i just set the mod to SMART mode.

Smart mode is what works best for me from Eleaf. I think most buy the Divine Tribe with a kit.

I guess i will check out the Divine Tribe V5.

I still love my SAI top air flow (the original one.. it still kicks ass)

wm762,
Top Bottom