New here and need a little guidance for my 1st flower vape

SquirrelMaster

I'm sure Dynavap is awesome but I am put off by the butane and those heaters are $$$$. Thanks so much for the suggestion tho!

I am really feeling the Tafee......thanks for the tip on the quotes!

The V Tower does seem like a great option and good price but really too conspicuous for me. I am in the U.S. so no Flowermate cap. I do hesitate on the Tinymight due to logistics. I don't want to wait forever!

Your Nomad is beautiful!! Is there a website?

It def seems like a really nice device!

Hop on the Nomad thread, and message @Dan Morrison. He'll add you to the list. It's a long wait though so you would want something in the interim.

The Tinymight rocks but some have had issues with RMA's and the process has been slow until just recently. It's a really good device though and many issues have been solved by opening the device up if you don't mind doing so.

If they were easier to get I would highly recommend the Lamart Tetra P80. You need to go to their website and sign up for emails and they'll let us know when the next drop is. It's not soon though, and if you go custom it takes a bit to build.

If you want something NOW then look at the Bowle. It's a damn good vape with the only shortcoming being the battery life which isn't horrible but you need to plan accordingly.

Mr. Me2

Your Nomad is beautiful!! Is there a website?
No website but if you want to see more pictures, he’s on instagram. I don’t have a link, but I’ll poke around.

Edit: okay, try this link - https://www.instagram.com/morwoodco/?hl=en

I saw you ordered a tafee! Congrats!!! These decisions are very personal, but if I was in the market for a convection vape, that’s the way I would go. Hope it arrives soon, and enjoy!!

Last edited:

ginolicious

Never had issues with my firefly 2+. I do find it easy to use. Gf gets great hits and then sometimes she doesn’t. I usually always get fantastic hits. The Flowermate cap is okay. I find the bowl small and the flavour is just so so. But it is cheap and checks a lot of boxes for a lot of people. I don’t use mine daily but do use it weekly usually

Hop on the Nomad thread, and message @Dan Morrison. He'll add you to the list. It's a long wait though so you would want something in the interim.

The Tinymight rocks but some have had issues with RMA's and the process has been slow until just recently. It's a really good device though and many issues have been solved by opening the device up if you don't mind doing so.

If they were easier to get I would highly recommend the Lamart Tetra P80. You need to go to their website and sign up for emails and they'll let us know when the next drop is. It's not soon though, and if you go custom it takes a bit to build.

If you want something NOW then look at the Bowle. It's a damn good vape with the only shortcoming being the battery life which isn't horrible but you need to plan accordingly.

Thanks for the further recs! I really like the Nomad and may give it more attn as it is a better footprint for away from home than the Tafee Bowle. But yeah, I wanted a bowle NOW and EVERYONE on that thread is pleased with it. I'm happy you're enjoying yours! Battery doesn't bother me one bit for all the other boxes it checks! I like the TM and P80 too for more portable options.

No website but if you want to see more pictures, he’s on instagram. I don’t have a link, but I’ll poke around.

Edit: okay, try this link - https://www.instagram.com/morwoodco/?hl=en

I saw you ordered a tafee! Congrats!!! These decisions are very personal, but if I was in the market for a convection vape, that’s the way I would go. Hope it arrives soon, and enjoy!!

Thanks for the link. The Nomad really looks nice. I will hop over on that thread and peruse while getting familiar with the Bowle! It was partly your encouragement that got me to pull the trigger on it :D

I have the Flowermate Cap, but I wouldn't recommend it. For stealth & portability, the POTV One or Fury Edge.
Thanks for your input! It looks like the FMC would be harsh. I like the idea of vapes with a little more substance to them. I will check the other 2 out for stealth & portability! :brow:

Never had issues with my firefly 2+. I do find it easy to use. Gf gets great hits and then sometimes she doesn’t. I usually always get fantastic hits. The Flowermate cap is okay. I find the bowl small and the flavour is just so so. But it is cheap and checks a lot of boxes for a lot of people. I don’t use mine daily but do use it weekly usually
Thanks! I actually remember reading some of your posts on the ff2+. I really like the consistent reviews on top shelf flavor. I get that there are some hiccups with it but I have a feeling I will probably end up with one eventually anyway. :rofl:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I do hesitate on the Tinymight due to logistics. I don't want to wait forever!

If you are referring to the shipping times, that's actually not really an issue. Last time I checked one had to wait a couple of weeks for it to get ready, once it's shipped it only takes a few days to get to you (DHL Express, ultra fast shipping even overseas).

If you are referring to the shipping times, that's actually not really an issue. Last time I checked one had to wait a couple of weeks for it to get ready, once it's shipped it only takes a few days to get to you (DHL Express, ultra fast shipping even overseas).

Ok thanks good to know! As this is my 1st vape though, a couple weeks is forever to me! I ordered the Tafee Bowle to get me going and get me some near instant gratification but will keep TM in mind for future.

vape_n_ride

Hi all!! After reading through some of the threads here I still need a little guidance or recs for a portable convection vape. I grew up smoking flower, and this year started vaping oil carts for medical use trying to go easy on my lungs. I don't like it. I want that terpy flower profile. I want to know its the flower and nothing else. Plus the oil carts give me headaches!

I have been doing my research and learned I want convection not only for taste but also control over having to complete a session. I have narrowed it down (I think) to the FF2+, the Airvape Legacy, and the Linx Eden. In the threads I read, it was stated the legacy and ff are not for novices with the whole learning curve. I would say I'm a pretty fast learner though so that doesn't deter me too much. But I do get the feeling the Eden is prob better for a novice. Of course it costs a lot less as well. That being said, I don't mind paying for great flavor, ease of cleaning/maintenance and solid performance.

I read many pages on the Legacy thread and don't know if the problems have been worked out and if I should even consider it. I hesitate on the FF2+ just because I read one post that mentioned the long, slow draws needed wore the poster out so they only used it at bedtime.

I will be using the device by myself in my home for the most part. I vape daily, about 3 pulls every couple hours, idk maybe 6 little sessions a day. No need nor desire for bulky desktop unit.

I think my main hesitation on the Eden is worries it will be hot as the preset temps are higher than the others and it seems the vapor path may not be as well insulated but I honestly don't know. I am open to suggestions and look forward to making a decision.
Hi I just tought it might be helpful: you can buy the Legacy at moment under 200 bucks if you still considering that. AirVape states they have fixed the issues with combusting and everything so it might worth it to take a look.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Batteries just don't cut it as vaping flower requires a lot of power and it really kills batteries quite quickly.
They will run out at a bad moment, and lead to regret . Many misguided folks tried switching to vaping with a battery powered vape, and they were back to smoking very soon, because the vape just didn't deliver. I personally know quite a few.

Go Dynavap and avoid disappointment from overpriced gadgets. You do not inhale while heating the Dynavap. You heat the thing first, turn the lighter off and then inhale, so there is no butane in the vapor or on the herb!!!

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Ramahs
Batteries just don't cut it as vaping flower requires a lot of power and it really kills batteries quite quickly.
They will run out at a bad moment, and lead to regret . Many misguided folks tried switching to vaping with a battery powered vape, and they were back to smoking very soon, because the vape just didn't deliver. I personally know quite a few.

Go Dynavap and avoid disappointment from overpriced gadgets. You do not inhale while heating the Dynavap. You heat the thing first, turn the lighter off and then inhale, so there is no butane in the vapor or on the herb!!!

Actually my battery powered Tafee Bowle arrived Tuesday. I have been using it 2 sessions per day and haven't had to charge it yet. Works for me!

Top Bottom