New battery wrap came shipped slightly damaged

noobvaperct

Is this battery safe to use in my TM2? It’s hard to see but the wrap is slightly cut on both sides and I just wanted to be sure before I use it if it’s safe or if I should dispose of.

Pic

Last edited:
noobvaperct,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last edited:

noobvaperct

noobvaperct,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sorry about the link. Do I want to completely peel off the grey wrap before I put something like this on? Or just put it on over the existing grey wrap? It's a Molicel 18650 btw.
Well, like I said, I've never done it, but I would think peeling it off would be your best bet as some battery compartments are tight enough as it is... wouldn't want to tear it again. Just be careful with the naked battery when you're handling it.

Bologna,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sorry about the link. Do I want to completely peel off the grey wrap before I put something like this on? Or just put it on over the existing grey wrap? It's a Molicel 18650 btw.
Yes, remove the existing wrap. There are tons of good rewrapping tutorials on Instructables and YouTube. Probably even some in the resources section here.

Good luck!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Don’t forget to reuse the top isolation ring on the positive end, those are sold as well, wraps and rings on 18650batterystore. Heat gun, or hot hair dryer.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Top Bottom