New and Curious About Rebuildable Tanks

In the past I have only had the 510 carts (purchased filled, or opened and filled with purchased distillate).

The grow is ready for harvest and thus it is time for me to determine how I want to use my crop.

I want to press the flower, add in some terps and make my own vape fluid (I see a lot of names for the gooey mess, rosin) but I must have slept through that class in school; I just don't know what all the different names mean and if there are differences in the process to produce them. My preference is purity, no additives, no chemicals.

I have a Nugsmasher and a small bottle of terps. The intention is to press, activate, add, fill and vape/smoke.

Questions begin here:
1. I first thought about filling 510 carts and being happy, but of course I found some information on rebuildable tanks. Tell me what a rebuildable tank is, what makes it great/bad?

2. I see information on tanks for drips and not drips, what can you tell me about using these two types?

3. Are there particular brands for the tanks you prefer? Why?

4. Now that I have the tanks sorted, what device do I attach the tank to? What brands do you favor?

5. Do you have favorite terps you prefer?

6. One site has an additive that turns the shatter or wax into liquid, but they do not divulge what is in the product. Anyone know anything about this stuff? They do say it can help avoid separation in the tank, thoughts?

Thank you for any answers, I appreciate your help and support.

Seren-dipi-dish

Serendipidish,

florduh

but of course I found some information on rebuildable tanks.
I'm actually unaware of any rebuildable tanks/carts for cannabis oil. Do you have a link to what you're referring to?

Unfortunately I haven't been filling my own carts for the past few years. Depending on how terpy your rosin ends up, you may not need to add more terps. Simply decarb.

If you're set on adding terps, there is a vendor selling steam distilled cannabis derived terps. I'll see if I can remember/find their info.

Serendipidish,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I tried making my own carts years ago without any liquidizer (pg, vg etc) and used only food grade terps to thin cuz cannabis derived terps were very expensive. But I just found it to all end up being quite wasteful and with varying, mostly unsatisfying results... the equipment needed to do it properly/consistently was cost prohibitive, too, I believe...

I'd recommend looking into the wonderful world of dabs instead, and not bother with carts at all (unless you have a shit ton of weed, of course, that can change everything).

I tried making my own carts years ago without any liquidizer (pg, vg etc) and used only food grade terps to thin cuz cannabis derived terps were very expensive. But I just found it to all end up being quite wasteful and with varying, mostly unsatisfying results... the equipment needed to do it properly/consistently was cost prohibitive, too, I believe...

I'd recommend looking into the wonderful world of dabs instead, and not bother with carts at all (unless you have a shit ton of weed, of course, that can change everything).
Well crap!

thanks for the honesty.

Guess I will go watch about 70 million hours of YouTube to figure out dabs.....

Serendipidish,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Well crap!

thanks for the honesty.

Guess I will go watch about 70 million hours of YouTube to figure out dabs.....
Anytime.

Haha, I feel for ya... I think many us went thru these very same phases, having similar ideas for maximizing efficiency, ease of use and portability etc... maybe there are better processes and cheaper equipment now that lead to more consistent results...? But I just gave up.

Using rosin/concentrate really isn't very daunting at all... Most "wax pen"/atomizer based devices are very simple and easy to use. Even more robust E-rigs are relatively simple.

I'm looking at getting a new portable concentrate device myself possibly with a good 7/10 (oil day) discount. The devices in contention are:

Divine Tribe - Lightning Pen
Puffco - Proxy
JCVap - Pockety
Evolv - Cricket

Everyone seems to really like their Puffco Peak Pro, but that, along with the Cricket, are really more than I want to spend atm.

Good luck with whichever path you choose... ✌️

Last edited:
Anytime.

Haha, I feel for ya... I think many us went thru these very same phases, having similar ideas for maximizing efficiency, ease of use and portability etc... maybe there are better processes and cheaper equipment now that lead to more consistent results...? But I just gave up.

Using rosin/concentrate really isn't very daunting at all... Most "wax pen"/atomizer based devices are very simple and easy to use. Even more robust E-rigs are relatively simple.

I'm looking at getting a new portable concentrate device myself possibly with a good 7/10 (oil day) discount. The devices in contention are:

Devine Tribe - Lightning Pen
Puffco - Proxy
JCVap - Pockety
Evolv - Cricket

Everyone seems to really like their Puffco Peak Pro, but that, along with the Cricket, are really more than I want to spend atm.

Good luck with whichever path you choose... ✌️
Thank you for all the great info and sympathy.... us 'stoners' need all the sympathy we can get some times (so hard being happy ;-))

Extra thanks for the names; going on a research run..... I did see this one https://www.smokecartel.com/collections/on-sale/products/pulsar-range-vape-for-herbs-concentrates
The Pulsar brand pops up in the FC forums here and there with varying reviews, but I like the flexibility it offers.

thanks again, another afternoon filled with research and shopping for my fav hobby..........💚

Serendipidish,
Reactions: Bologna

Vaporware

Yeah, there are more ways to use concentrates than just a dab rig.

Think about where and how you’d like to use it, whether you need big dabs/super strong hits or not, etc. and the right option may become more clear. :)

Also, the easiest option would be to just use it in flower form. Even if you have a high tolerance and want big clouds there are plenty of dry herb vaporizers that can get the job done for you.

I have used a Cricket and a couple of other options for concentrates and they’re good, but if I had to buy one thing I could order today to consume cannabis in any form it would be the Phase 3 ZX with straight flower. :)

(For a portable I love the Toad, but it takes a long time to get…Firewood 9 or TinyMight 2 would probably be my choices there.)

If you really want/need to use straight concentrates though, you have some good starting points and can probably get some more specific recommendations if you can describe exactly what your wants/needs are. :)

Yeah, there are more ways to use concentrates than just a dab rig.

Think about where and how you’d like to use it, whether you need big dabs/super strong hits or not, etc. and the right option may become more clear. :)

Also, the easiest option would be to just use it in flower form. Even if you have a high tolerance and want big clouds there are plenty of dry herb vaporizers that can get the job done for you.

I have used a Cricket and a couple of other options for concentrates and they’re good, but if I had to buy one thing I could order today to consume cannabis in any form it would be the Phase 3 ZX with straight flower. :)

(For a portable I love the Toad, but it takes a long time to get…Firewood 9 or TinyMight 2 would probably be my choices there.)

If you really want/need to use straight concentrates though, you have some good starting points and can probably get some more specific recommendations if you can describe exactly what your wants/needs are. :)
Very good points, all of them

And, I generally use a vape, pocket sized, as an emergency inhaler when I find myself out and about and stressed. And, thus I was only looking to use something that would deliver a good punch but not take up a lot of space in my pocket and dripping would obviously not work.

I found a couple portable preloadable types, on order.

Like others mentioned, most of these rigs are quite the investment. I will have to save up for those.

thanks for all the input and advice.

Serendipidish,
Top Bottom