Netflix Vs. Amazon Prime

tuk

Torrents:

1) Biggest media library on the planet.
2) $0 Per Month.

Google: µTorrent & look here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I can't get my Hannibal fix on Netflix. Then again, I can't my Orange Is the New Black fix on Amazon. They both suck, lol.

/still waiting for cable tv where you can pay by the channel only the ones you want.

When I worked for the cable company, several years ago, this was a common request from customers. We would relay it to mgmt., but they were completely uninterested.

Last edited:
pigfoot,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I still suggest Tube+ over torrents, its far safer and less likely to have you receiving a letter from your ISP. Also Chromecast + Chrome BETA.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: grokit

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Quick question to those that have Amazon Prime. Since it costs $99.00 a year, do you think it's worth the cost? I noticed that quite a few items do not qualify for free 2 day shipping(that bothers me), and their movie/TV library is lacking as well. What do you think?

On a side note, we have Netflix right now.

I'd say that prime isn't worth the cost for the video selection alone. For sure...

Where I live though, Amazon Prime makes my life much easier because I don't have to set out on a quest for things that aren't available locally... so it get's used extensively. For example, I recently ordered 40# of high gluten bread flour. I'd have to drive at least an hour to get somewhere that might have it. So factoring in time and travel expenses (and the fact that I loath sitting in a car any longer than necessary) getting stuff shipped free and thru the mail is a godsend. It's so nice to drive the quarter mile to the PO to pick my shit up as opposed to spending the better part of a day driving after it. The ladies at the post office hate me for it though. Did I mention that Amazon is a great place to acquire growing supplies?

I was really disappointed when they stopped running No Reservations as well as Bizarre Foods on Prime and cursed them bitterly over it. Coincidentally NF recently started featuring Parts Unknown, so all is right in my world. Lately I've been laughing like a bastard watching Workaholics on Prime, so it still has some redeeming qualities. At the end of the day I bitch a lot less using either service. I could never quite figure out why people are so willing to pay an exorbitant fee for cable which forces you to put up with almost as much advertising as actual programming.

basement farmer,
Reactions: Vicki

DOOM

Both almost have the same content. But PB is still the way to go IMO

Goole chromecast with Plex if you're tech savvy. I get all the latest releases from PB, throw it on PLEX and connect it with google chromecast.

I've been paying for Netflix for years now but always lend out my login to friends and family.

As far as amazon prime...get a ROKU or amzon fire. Whatever you do, dont buy a cheap smart TV, they are hella slow especially if you're trying to watch netflix or amazon prime.

DOOM,
Reactions: darkrom

tuk

I still suggest Tube+ over torrents, its far safer
Don't see how it's safer exactly never mind far safer, torrents are hash checked, uploaders are monitored & individual uploads are reviewed by the users themselves.

On the other hand Tube+ is a centralised streaming service with little or no transparency, therefore intrinsically less secure compared to non-centralised, open source torrents,

Do you realise Tube+ is a just a 3rd party façade attached to the same old torrent/p2p system?

....and less likely to have you receiving a letter from your ISP.
ISPs can see perfectly well that you're streaming copyright media from TUBE+, on the other hand nothing is being streamed from PB, content arrives from millions of ever changing IP addrs making it hard to track, good torrent clients have encryption + you can use something like PeerBlock to blacklist or block most surveillance ...you can take this even further & make yourself 100% undetectable by using a proxy.

I'v been using P2P since year 2000, so far not had a single letter from my ISP.

PB has way way way more content listed than TUBE+

My ISP has blacklisted PB ...or at least they think they have. :lol:

Last edited:
tuk,
Reactions: grokit

Wizsteve

tv shows you can watch for free on many network sites may need to add proxy for like bbc and other alike. movies well can be streamed for free also many legal sites in a few years there be no more torrents btw speed will increase so much they wont be possible to keep going (there talking 1gig per sec downloads by 2020? or something like that)

Wizsteve,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I'd say that prime isn't worth the cost for the video selection alone. For sure...

Where I live though, Amazon Prime makes my life much easier because I don't have to set out on a quest for things that aren't available locally... so it get's used extensively. For example, I recently ordered 40# of high gluten bread flour. I'd have to drive at least an hour to get somewhere that might have it. So factoring in time and travel expenses (and the fact that I loath sitting in a car any longer than necessary) getting stuff shipped free and thru the mail is a godsend. It's so nice to drive the quarter mile to the PO to pick my shit up as opposed to spending the better part of a day driving after it. The ladies at the post office hate me for it though. Did I mention that Amazon is a great place to acquire growing supplies?

I was really disappointed when they stopped running No Reservations as well as Bizarre Foods on Prime and cursed them bitterly over it. Coincidentally NF recently started featuring Parts Unknown, so all is right in my world. Lately I've been laughing like a bastard watching Workaholics on Prime, so it still has some redeeming qualities. At the end of the day I bitch a lot less using either service. I could never quite figure out why people are so willing to pay an exorbitant fee for cable which forces you to put up with almost as much advertising as actual programming.

MMmmm, yeah, I do a lot of online ordering, I think Prime is worth it for that alone. The ladies @ the PO should be happy to see you, I heard they had another shortfall, 2 Billion worth?

Both almost have the same content. But PB is still the way to go IMO

Goole chromecast with Plex if you're tech savvy. I get all the latest releases from PB, throw it on PLEX and connect it with google chromecast.

I've been paying for Netflix for years now but always lend out my login to friends and family.

As far as amazon prime...get a ROKU or amzon fire. Whatever you do, dont buy a cheap smart TV, they are hella slow especially if you're trying to watch netflix or amazon prime.

The Roku works great with Plex too : )

Don't see how it's safer exactly never mind far safer, torrents are hash checked, uploaders are monitored & individual uploads are reviewed by the users themselves.

On the other hand Tube+ is a centralised streaming service with little or no transparency, therefore intrinsically less secure compared to non-centralised, open source torrents,

Do you realise Tube+ is a just a 3rd party façade attached to the same old torrent/p2p system?

ISPs can see perfectly well that you're streaming copyright media from TUBE+, on the other hand nothing is being streamed from PB, content arrives from millions of ever changing IP addrs making it hard to track, good torrent clients have encryption + you can use something like PeerBlock to blacklist or block most surveillance ...you can take this even further & make yourself 100% undetectable by using a proxy.

I'v been using P2P since year 2000, so far not had a single letter from my ISP.

PB has way way way more content listed than TUBE+

My ISP has blacklisted PB ...or at least they think they have. :lol:

I know a lot of ISPs throttle torrents, Usenet not so much ...

tv shows you can watch for free on many network sites may need to add proxy for like bbc and other alike. movies well can be streamed for free also many legal sites in a few years there be no more torrents btw speed will increase so much they wont be possible to keep going (there talking 1gig per sec downloads by 2020? or something like that)

Who knows what will happen in future, odds are we will be surveiled every which way. But, if services like P2P and Usenet aren't stopped, we will just have higher download speeds. :lol:

pigfoot,
Top Bottom