Need help with supplies for long term edible making at home

Mako Kupo

Hey guys so I recently got my medical card! Anyway I've been purchasing edible infused baking powder and I love it, never enjoyed edibles before them. I want to make them long term at home, maybe once per month or so. Doing it for so long, I want to do it right.

They are very expensive however @360mg THC for about $55 USD. I want to make my own with coconut oil, and want to do it as well as possible. I've made my own before in a slow cooker, but it's too hot even on low. I know a few things but want to learn more.

I was thinking the best way to control the temperature would be a bunsen burner and boiling flask, maybe around 500ml. I don't know which type of gas to use or really much else, so I was hoping to get some imput here. Thank you so much all!

Mako Kupo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Congratulations on your card. You need to look at the titles in this section (Cooking with Cannabis) you are posting. There are threads upon threads of easy, step-by-step instructions for making infused oils of all types. First thing you need to do is activate your cannabis for oral consumption: you must decarboxylate your cannabis. See thread titles in this section on many ways and why to do this.

Then you can use your slow cooker to simmer water for 12 or so hrs. Place your ground-up decarbed weed and oil in a Mason jar and place in slow cooker. If you have an immersion blender, doesn't hurt to blend every-so-often. Many people add sunflower lecithin to aid in bioavailability of THC absorption.

All this info in great detail is in this section. Have fun!

Mako Kupo

ive done this method many times, was only asking about specific equipment since i have to keep such a close eye on this setup i have now. thanks anyway!

Mako Kupo,
Check out Sous Vide. It is water immersion cooking. It is, BY FAR, the best method for retaining full terpene profiles (which makes a HUGE difference in edibles.

JME

Hackerman,

Mako Kupo

Check out Sous Vide. It is water immersion cooking. It is, BY FAR, the best method for retaining full terpene profiles (which makes a HUGE difference in edibles.

JME

that's what i'm talking about, thanks so much! Problem is my slow cooker suuuuucks, even on low it boils.

Mako Kupo,

Tuck

I actually prefer using my oven, with a baking dish and a lid to using the stove. If you have an instant pot, that works as an alternative to a slow cooker, too.

Tuck,

MonkeyTime

Neither are necessary, but I still only use my Nova and MB machine. The Nova to decarb unattended, then into the MB to make butter or oil. I've had wonderful success with both, others not as much.

They're both set it and forget it for the process, it sounded like what you're looking for.

I've tried sous vide, it worked great, and I cook like that all the time, but I found the Nova to be easier and I already had it.

There's threads for both here.

GoldenBud

I never understood why the lid is necessary when decarbing, i get the same results IMO with or without a lid
the terpenes are gone anyway on 100C~ isn't it? with a lid or without it
and @Mako Kupo nothing is necessary than an oven, some people recommend using Lechitin saying it makes a difference, never tried it on my own but i'm sure people here heard about it too?

GoldenBud,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Neither are necessary, but I still only use my Nova and MB machine. The Nova to decarb unattended, then into the MB to make butter or oil.

Hmmm. I don't own one, but I was under the impression that the MB machine decarbs as well, so people don't have to do a separate decarb first. Does that function just not work very well on the MB machine?

Ramahs,

badbee

I was under the impression that the MB machine decarbs as well, so people don't have to do a separate decarb first.

No, that is not one of the functions of the MB. All their recipes specify to use decarbed material and they provide instructions for oven decarbing.

badbee,
Reactions: Ramahs

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Neither are necessary, but I still only use my Nova and MB machine. The Nova to decarb unattended, then into the MB to make butter or oil. I've had wonderful success with both, others not as much.

They're both set it and forget it for the process, it sounded like what you're looking for.

I've tried sous vide, it worked great, and I cook like that all the time, but I found the Nova to be easier and I already had it.

There's threads for both here.

Is there a reason you prefer to use the MB for butter/oil infusion over doing the whole process in the Nova?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom