Need help in deciding between the Zephyr Ion and the Extreme Q

Hi all,

First post here! I've been researching for a few days on different forums as I try to figure this out and then decided I should just post and ask everyone... so, thanks for your help in advance!

So I am trying to decide between the Zephyr Ion and Extreme Q. I can get them both for within $50 but the Volcano is out of my price range.

From what I read, the main pro for the Zephyr Ion over the Extreme Q is that the bags have valves... but that it has no whip (coming soon for a year it seems...)

And the main pro for the Extreme Q over the Zephyr is that it has whips/bags (but no valves on bags).

So here's where I'm torn.... While I will probably primarily just vaporize using the bags I do have a Roor waterpipe and would love to use this with my new sweet vaporizer, whichever it is that I buy. It seems like the Extreme Q is ready-made for this sort of stuff, whereas the Zephyr Ion is really only bags.... and who knows when the whip is coming out. When the whip does come out, do you think it will be compatible with waterpipes and such? To me the versatility is important, but so are the valves so I'm trying to really determine which is the best for me. I just spent a few weeks with a friend that has a Volcano and thought it was tremendous, and the valve was a solid valve that made it great for passing around -- which is why I'm concerned about the Extreme Q.

Decisions, decisions... any help is MUCH appreciated! I think at this point I am leaning slightly toward the Extreme Q.

Thanks and Happy Friday!

mafatumatt,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would hold off on getting an Ion until the dust settles a little and we have some more answers - http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4438

If you are looking for a bag fill vape EQ is a good choice as well as the Herbalaire.

And on that note - most ANY whip vaporizer is compatible with a bong. You can either just stick the tube into the downstem or get an adapter that goes into the downstem.

AGBeer,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
If it was me i would get the Extreme Q for sure. I have used it with a bong before and it is perfect. Good taste, not alot of drag, good milky vape...all you want really. And your whole decision arounds the bags is kind of unreasonable, no offence. The EQ is easy to use with a bag too, u just put your thumb over the top of the mouth piece. I love the extreme Q good hits everytime and never dissapoints! :D

LaunchBox420,

thedeserttortoise

mafatumatt said:
Hi all,

First post here! I've been researching for a few days on different forums as I try to figure this out and then decided I should just post and ask everyone... so, thanks for your help in advance!

So I am trying to decide between the Zephyr Ion and Extreme Q. I can get them both for within $50 but the Volcano is out of my price range.

From what I read, the main pro for the Zephyr Ion over the Extreme Q is that the bags have valves... but that it has no whip (coming soon for a year it seems...)

And the main pro for the Extreme Q over the Zephyr is that it has whips/bags (but no valves on bags).

So here's where I'm torn.... While I will probably primarily just vaporize using the bags I do have a Roor waterpipe and would love to use this with my new sweet vaporizer, whichever it is that I buy. It seems like the Extreme Q is ready-made for this sort of stuff, whereas the Zephyr Ion is really only bags.... and who knows when the whip is coming out. When the whip does come out, do you think it will be compatible with waterpipes and such? To me the versatility is important, but so are the valves so I'm trying to really determine which is the best for me. I just spent a few weeks with a friend that has a Volcano and thought it was tremendous, and the valve was a solid valve that made it great for passing around -- which is why I'm concerned about the Extreme Q.

Decisions, decisions... any help is MUCH appreciated! I think at this point I am leaning slightly toward the Extreme Q.

Thanks and Happy Friday!

Just made a valve for the Q out of a water bottle from Wallyworld.... $4.00..works great and is a lot cheaper than the volcano's.. did a vid.. last page or two of the extreme Q thread.. I had my share of vapes and I think the Extreme is the bomb.... best in class, breed, and price....

thedeserttortoise,

tdandre

maconheiro revolucionario
I think you should take a look in the Herbalaire 2.1 also.
Great vape with less breakable parts then the Extreme and better efficiency.
I know i seem to break glass very easily (so do my friends)

tdandre,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
tdandre said:
I think you should take a look in the Herbalaire 2.1 also.
Great vape with less breakable parts then the Extreme and better efficiency.
I know i seem to break glass very easily (so do my friends)
Hey, Tdandre
I see you're from Brazil. I have many friends in Brazil, and I was wondering if you had any problems getting your vapes sent to you there in Brazil. Were you able to just order online and have them shipped directly? Or did you have to bring them in the country yourself?

Tenha um timo fim de semana!

Abraos

Stu,

tdandre

Hey man
suave na nave???
I got my vaporizers online from USA and sent them trough the mail declaring them as gift and with price under $50 to avoid taxing.
Both of them arrived safely without paying extra taxes.
Here is hard to find vapes and they are always overpriced.
Best regards from Balnerio Cambori
Abrao

tdandre,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Oi cara,

That's good to know. I have some fellow maconheiro friends in the northeast, but I've always been afraid of getting cought sending a vape through customs. I was however planning on buying a brand new LB and bringing it with me for Carnaval. Then I'll just gift it to a friend down there.

Have you tried the Q there in Brazil? Or are you just afraid of using a unit with GonG parts?

Xau

Stu,

tdandre

Relax man it's cool, both of mine passed through ANVISA and were cleared.
Please do a favor to your friends and send them some vapes.
didn't try the Q just am certain that i would break the glass and have to have extra parts sent for extra $ and waiting.
Perhaps in the future, but today i am happy with the HA.
Falo

tdandre,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Q comes with spare glass parts included. I've used mine daily for about a year and have never had to use any replacement glass at all. You should try one out, they're very nice and also versatile.
I think I will send down some vapes now that I know they'll get through. Brazil doesn't have the most liberal view of maconha, so I try to keep that in mind when I''m down there.

Fui!

Stu,
LaunchBox420 said:
If it was me i would get the Extreme Q for sure. I have used it with a bong before and it is perfect. Good taste, not alot of drag, good milky vape...all you want really. And your whole decision arounds the bags is kind of unreasonable, no offence. The EQ is easy to use with a bag too, u just put your thumb over the top of the mouth piece. I love the extreme Q good hits everytime and never dissapoints! :D

Rather than putting your thumb over the top of the mouth piece, use the stirring wand that comes with "The Q". It fits perfectly in the opening of the mouth piece and closes the bag.

HumboldtGuy1,
Top Bottom