Need Help - 2 Strains I Will Have Constanty - Need To Choose

ginolicious

Hey Guys,

Like the thread says. I will have access to two strains constantly. The choice is pretty much mine. But I need to make a choice from a few strains.

What I am looking for is a daytime weed and a nighttime weed.

I would like a 1-1 ratio CBD weed that I can smoke at night stay awake for an hour before passing out, while being able to take a quick 1-2 puff to destress and not pass out. For this strain I was thinking either Critical Mass CBD or Candy Cream.

For daytime I do not want a super racy weed. But I cannot have a super heavy indica like GG#4. Hence why I want to go with the Critical Mass to give me that lazy feeling if I vape enough of it but yet able to function during the day if I decide to vape a little. For the daytime I am looking at Girl Scout crack (GSC and Green Crack mix) Sour Diesel, Banana Kush, Blue Dream, California orange.

Originally I was going to go Girl Scout Crack and Candy Cream, but now I’m leaning towards Sour Diesel and Critical Mass or Blue Dream and Critical Mass.

If I have people over at night I don’t wanna vape my Critical mass and pass out. That’s why I need a semi uplifting and functional weed for daytime and used at nighttime if I go out. Don’t need to be a zombie.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A vote for Blue Dream. A nice daytime strain. Different plants would have different CBD / THC content. One Blue Dream plant would be a little different than the next one with the same name. I’ve never tried Girl Scout Crack but have tried GSC and Green Crack and I like both.

How long are you going to just have 2 strains - like a whole year? I wouldn’t like that. Your body becomes accustomed to the strain that you are using.

Edit
Critical Mass is a good one. Maybe after a few months you could start getting 2 other strains for awhile.

Last edited:

ginolicious

I will have the access to same strains for as long as I want basically.

So you think blue dream and Critical Mass will do me good? I don’t want a crazy daytime where I get anxiety. And I want to use it at night if I’m going out.

I assume critical mass will help me sleep as well?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I will have the access to same strains for as long as I want basically.

So you think blue dream and Critical Mass will do me good? I don’t want a crazy daytime where I get anxiety. And I want to use it at night if I’m going out.

I assume critical mass will help me sleep as well?
Sounds like one of my nightmares. Only two strains! I would be sad.
Have you tried all of the strains mentioned? Or is someone having you make a guess about your long term meds and how they will act with your unique chemestry? Is there no way to sample, then decide? I don't think you can go wrong with any of the strains mentioned, but everyone is different. Just because a strain makes me sleepy, doesn't mean it will make you sleepy. A plant might not make me anxious, but it might make you nervous. If you only get to pick two, I hope you get a chance to sample the choices so you can make an informed decision about what works best for you.

Madri-Gal,

ginolicious

I don’t really get to sample the strains sadly. So I’m trying to go off what people are recommending.

Eventually I can switch it up if need be. But I am not a huge consumer at all. There is no way to try the strains. Personally I know I’ve tried NY Sour Diesel and that’s different than just Sour Diesel. I have had both GSC and green crack separately. Not mixed together. Never had a CBD bud and hoping Critical mass will meet my needs of being a 1-1 ratio.

Blue dream never tried. So yeah some strains I’ve tried but not the cross breeds I can have available.

Just wanna make sure I’m on the right track with the strains here for daytime and nighttime. But I don’t want a crazy racy weed.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
You can't go wrong with Blue Dream for daytime, anytime. I'd say G.G.#4 for sleep, but only because that's my current nightcap. Good luck on solving what sounds like an interesting puzzle.

Madri-Gal,

ginolicious

I do have access to GG4. My issue is that I want higher CBD. Critical Mass appears it could be a night cap or even a quick puff in the morning to get the CBD but not the crazy high.

ginolicious,

ginolicious

Those are not among the choice I have available sadly.

Oh there is also Girl Scout cookies crossed with Jack Herer available as well. 55% indica and 45% sativa. Big fan of GSC. Wonder how those crosses will affect me and if they are generally too heavy and more reserved for night time.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I do have access to GG4. My issue is that I want higher CBD. Critical Mass appears it could be a night cap or even a quick puff in the morning to get the CBD but not the crazy high.
That's right. I'm sitting here with a jar of Henry's Original, with a 3:1 ratio (THC 4.35, CBD 12.35), and sometimes forget. Sounds like you would want the highest CBD option available to you for day time.

Madri-Gal,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Those are not among the choice I have available sadly.

Oh there is also Girl Scout cookies crossed with Jack Herer available as well. 55% indica and 45% sativa. Big fan of GSC. Wonder how those crosses will affect me and if they are generally too heavy and more reserved for night time.

what CBD strains are available to you? what kind of percentages?

1:1 I have been using an organic Pennywise. Very nice.

looney2nz,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

ginolicious

I have Critical mass CBD available. Candy cream, blue ice, island dream.

Would like a daytime and nighttime strain. If I run a 3-1 will that help me sleep at higher quantities?

ginolicious,

looney2nz

I have Critical mass CBD available. Candy cream, blue ice, island dream.

Would like a daytime and nighttime strain. If I run a 3-1 will that help me sleep at higher quantities?

CBD isn't exactly 'sleep' medicine, what it DOES do is relax you, bring your inflammation/pain level down, which subsequently makes sleep much more feasible. Varieties higher in Linalool are more prone to helping with sleep. Higher levels of CBN also supposed to help with sleep.

ginolicious

So are you suggesting I should get a 1-1 ratio of CBD bud for the daytime and then get a nighttime bud like a indica like GG4?

Cause the blue dream I’m looking at is daytime and if I grab Critical Mass CBD then I don’t have any nightime weed.

ginolicious,

looney2nz

So are you suggesting I should get a 1-1 ratio of CBD bud for the daytime and then get a nighttime bud like a indica like GG4?

Cause the blue dream I’m looking at is daytime and if I grab Critical Mass CBD then I don’t have any nightime weed.

no, I'm just letting you know that CBD is not necessarily =sleep.

I would recommend a high CBD variety for daytime use, like Cannatonic (between 4:1 and 8:1) as it will have less psychoactive effects, but will still help with pain, spasticity, etc. AC/DC is an even higher ratio (at least out here), around 18:1 not noticeably psychoactive. So they are better suited for daytime use for those who are mobile, working, etc.

Night-time, if sleep is the primary goal, then yeah, a GG4 would be a likely move.
If it's an evening of relaxation, but still functioning... GSC/Blue Dream isn't a bad choice.
I don't know if anyone is testing terpenes in your area, but higher levels of linalool are associated with 'sleepy weed'.

looney2nz,

ginolicious

The only CBD strains I have available are listed above sadly. I don’t think I have access to higher cbd to THC ratios. Unless I’m incorrect regarding the strains I have available. My CBD strain is limited. Where as my daytime or nighttime weed is very flexible. Sour Diesel, Girl Scout Crack. GG4

Well latest update is I do have access to Pennywise now!!!

Just got word I can access LA Cookies. Cross between LA Affie and GSC. I know LA treats insomnia. Never heard of it till I did some digging. Would this strain be a decent nightime? Help me sleep but also give me a nice little buzz if I want to be awake and chilling with people at night? Not a right to bed type of weed?

If I do run Pennywise for the daytime it will have a mild psychoactive effect on me and good for daytime or basically good for whenever?. Will it still add a minor buzz for during the day? And the. A nice indica for nightime use to help me sleep would be a Girl Scout crack or GG4? Blue dream and GIrl Scout Crack will add relaxing and be able to go to sleep on? Not like a super racy sativa? Cause I know green crack is an energetic sativa. Don’t want too much energy at night.

Fuck I could really go cannatonic and LA cookies. Hope the Cannatonic would relax me and take away all stress and anxiety. Probably would be more effective than a 1-1?

Last edited:
ginolicious,
Top Bottom