• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Need advice on a portable vaporizer...

ZC

I know it's butane and requires some technique so it isn't for everybody, but for me the Lotus provides a better taste than any other portable vape I've used.

@bossman Lil' Bud has a great taste. Just slightly "woody" but the herb flavor definitely comes through strong. It's a great vape.

And yeah the TI vapcaps are fantastic they seem to get recommended in nearly every thread, for good reason.

ZC,

Wildpaja

I used a Volcano for many years, IMO a Solo is very different from a Volcano. Bag vapor is unique as far as session vapes go as the flavors are homogenized, so it never really develops the same type of roasted flavors as other vapes.

True, I can understand that, but which one would be the closest?

Wildpaja,

Wildpaja

Ok, after debating and hearing your thoughts, I put together my own thoughts:
I'm not a heavy weight toker, actually I'm sort of a lightweight, usually toking after a couple drinks.
I want something easy, low maintenance, don't need super hard hitting, need temperature control,
Not harsh vaping, reliable, simple, quality materials, not chinese knockoffs, easy to draw from, not like sucking a milkshake from a thin straw. More practical and portable than the volcano I own, good for solo sessions, but sometimes together with my wife.

This is what I'm looking for!

Do you think the Arizer solo 2 is the perfect fit? Or, can I achieve all I want with the Mighty?
I always tend to go for the best I can afford, but sometimes that is not the best option.

Wildpaja,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Wildpaja

You can most likely achieve all with the Healthy Rips Fury 2 from what your post said. It is an amazing little vape that will do you right for the least amount of cheddar. But you cannot go wrong getting a mighty or a solo 2. Personally I do not care for the solo type of vape but different strokes for different folks. Good-luck on whatever vape you choose.

;)

Thanks, yes, i decided on the Healthy Rips Fury 2, it meets all of my criteria. Isolated path and easy to draw from, plus simple and effective.
Any accessories for it that you recommend?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I second the accessory recs from @lookhigh. The wpa and bent glass stem improve the vapor quality and are both really useful for microdosing. I've only used my dosing capsules twice so far so I won't pretend to know a ton about them and I'll just say they're handy for reloading on the go or outdoors.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I know that you're looking for portable...but for indoor-home solo use, you really should consider getting a log, like a Woodscents, Enano, or Underdog vaporizer. They are extremely simple and efficient for solo-use, and versatile for both dry-use and with glass/water.

tfrank

One more for the fury 2 small compact built like a tank has variable temp controls and comes with a nice rubber cap to help with the smell a bit while in your pocket. The chamber stays fairly clean as well without a lot of maintenance. Not to mention when i got mine it came with a water pipe adapter and a concentrate pad(although i wouldn't suggest using the fury for concentrates as it got mine fairly dirty and needed to be cleaned before i wanted to use it with herb again.

tfrank,
Reactions: Wildpaja

grokit

well-worn member
Since op has a volcano, I say grab a mighty and/or take a good look at the plenty. They can all share the capsules that the mighty uses, they all work great, and are all made with that german quality. The plenty is a plug-in, but more like a handheld power tool than a typical desktop vape. I really like my plenty and my mighty, and the plenty in particular is close to the op's stated price range. They're all heavy hitters.

:science:

Last edited:

Wildpaja

Since op has a volcano, I say grab a mighty and/or take a good look at the plenty. They can all share the capsules that the mighty uses, they all work great, and are all made with that german quality. The plenty is a plug-in, but more like a handheld power tool than a typical desktop vape. I really like my plenty and my mighty, and the plenty in particular is close to the op's stated price range. They're all heavy hitters.

:science:

But the plenty is not a portable, it is a plug in right? I am looking for a portable.
Just on a fence now, as the the new fierce from healthy rips are supposed to be released this month.
But, I'm set on the fury 2 for now, only thing is, it seems so small, lol. :)

tfrank

But the plenty is not a portable, it is a plug in right? I am looking for a portable.
Just on a fence now, as the the new fierce from healthy rips are supposed to be released this month.
But, I'm set on the fury 2 for now, only thing is, it seems so small, lol. :)

I will say that the fury 2 is very small. For me that was a plus since i like stealth, but i will say it didn't seem to compromise hits at all. I had a lot of fun temp stepping one pack quite a bit to get nice and toasty. If the size is worrisome for you then waiting on the fierce might be a good option it is almost twice the size of the fury 2 but smaller than the mighty looks like it has some nice feature upgrades as well(maybe removable batteries from the looks of their video). Honestly almost all the other ones suggested on this thread have been good it just depends on what you like.

tfrank,

SunnyHours

I know that you're looking for portable...but for
indoor-home solo use, you really should consider getting a log, like a Woodscents, Enano, or Underdog vaporizer. They are extremely simple and efficient for solo-use, and versatile for both dry-use and with glass/water.
I have to agree with this post. Although the Volcano was a really good vape in the beginning, nowadays, for the price, I'd recommend anything but a volcano...especially being restricted to using balloons/ballons...
Unless at a party, where it kinda retains the social aspect of passing around a joint, I've never found it useful or practical to use a balloon when Log vapes (especially the Woodscents [for the included Vapcap] and the e-nano). Other Options include the Flowerpot, S&B Plenty, VXL Cloud Evo, SSV, Herbalaire and Aromed 4.0.
Of course if you weren't a bong guy before you can remove the Flowerpot and Cloud Evo, but then again, you might be surprised by how smooth they are and mostly, how tasty and efficient they are...

Waldorulez

You got a good vape coming too you already an for another portable it's the mflb life time warranty an you can use a lil or alote

Waldorulez,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have to agree with this post. Although the Volcano was a really good vape in the beginning, nowadays, for the price, I'd recommend anything but a volcano...especially being restricted to using balloons/ballons...
Unless at a party, where it kinda retains the social aspect of passing around a joint, I've never found it useful or practical to use a balloon when Log vapes (especially the Woodscents [for the included Vapcap] and the e-nano). Other Options include the Flowerpot, S&B Plenty, VXL Cloud Evo, SSV, Herbalaire and Aromed 4.0.
Of course if you weren't a bong guy before you can remove the Flowerpot and Cloud Evo, but then again, you might be surprised by how smooth they are and mostly, how tasty and efficient they are...

Yuppers. An always-on log that's always right there at my desk is a damn thing. I've never liked session vapes. I like to be able to instantly take a few hits and put it down, then repeat whenever I feel.

As far as the MFLB is concerned, even though I don't use it very often these days, I'll never get rid of my MFLB. It's an old reliable friend. And, though it takes a bit more time and skill/technique than any other vape I've had, it's reliable (as long as you have decent batteries), and I can still get fucking blitzed off the damn thing.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Wildpaja

Alexis

Honestly? All cards on the table. Possibly the finest portable available is the Dynavap Omni XL Ti. Once you have one of these babies the talk of electronic portables is more for entertainment.

Seriously, Dynavap Omni XL Ti is one of the finest vapes ever made.

:myday:
Is the XL really substantially cooler than the regular? Or is part of your feeling on it d7e to how much you like the design, shape and feel of the XL? Easier or more comfortable to spin maybe too.

I have long abandoned using my Omni dry with stock body as it is just too harsh for my sensitive system and gets my throat. Im not really considering upgrading it as it is an expense to do that, and Im not looking to be dry vapcapping a great deal.
But I have been using my Omni with Jhooks lately. I find this makes a massive difference to the harshness and heat. I also like the visible vapor feedback too.

Im not sure the XL body would not still be a bit hotter/harsher than the Jhook. If I was sure it would be I may consider it but quite a tag on top of the initial Omni outlay. If it was half the price I probably would.

Alexis,
Reactions: steama

Alexis

There is no real performance difference between the long omni and the short. I just like the tip farther away from my face. I also always use it dry.

I do not experience harshness when using my omni but I have read others have. If I felt harshness I would definitely go through water or stop using the vape that causes me harshness (like the lily did to me).
Thank you for your perspective. Indeed we are all so varied in how we tolerate various devices, and it is not uncommon for people to find the vapcap a bit harsh native, even among those without especially sensitive airways. And yet so many tolerate it very well like yourself.

I need another portable option myself. Time not quite right yet for actual need, but I am keeping my eye on all the options. I have decided against the Fury 2 as much as it looks like an excellent, discteet and easy to use portable. After consulting some wise men I decided it may not be the smoothest vapor for me, but I also really want an on demand.

If Fury 2 was on demand, that may have swayed me more. The Haze Square- not totally sold on that either. Too many hiccups and issues stil. Maybe when it has all been ironed out.

But It looks like it could still be so much better. I also wonder- if the Square had only 1 chamber, how would everyone feel about it? I cant help think it would not get such a looking.

Most of all, I like the Tubo. Csn still be quite harsh dry I hear, but maybe due to the monster hits it delivers. A trade off I am willing to consider in hope of finding a compromise.

Also Milaana and Ddave cooling mouthpiece options. But getti g a Tubo ain't a sttaightforward task currently.
The Argo doesnt appeal to me at all. Nor do any other models currently that I know anything about. But I dont know anything much really about most of the options, just a little about the ones that I have been more drawn to.

Or on the horizon, Vapecritic's own portable project. It looks promising. No idea of release time. One to watch though. But is session vape also, I would prefer on demand at least as an option. Hence my interest in the Tubo.

I do use my Omni througy water most days actually. Still my daily driver along with Elev8r. I recently tested the Evo and it taught me all over again just how amazing the Elev8r is. Not once did the Evo get close on flavour, which really surprised me. The Elev8r has to be the best tasting flower vape out there. I have not heard a positive testimony orherwise.

Im even thinking of starting a new thread for best tasting vapor ever experienced from a device, maybe with a poll. I bet the Elev8r would be at least equal top.

Last edited:

Wildpaja

So, I ordered the Fury 2 with the glass mouthpiece, the XL WPA and the water bubbler.
total came to $144.00 with a $20.00 coupon code.

Now, I'm still looking for another portable vape, one with a bit bigger bowl, with smooth vapor, easy to draw from, that I can share with a friend or two, while on the patio.
Any suggestions?

Wildpaja,

Waldorulez

Ya you pass them a weed pipe an say I only got that for 5 so much expensive devices for friends dnt pay collect what you want or like for you

Waldorulez,
Top Bottom