nebulizer for homogenized thc?

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
If you read the post, he clearly wants to nebulize it in the traditional sense of inhalation.

Not aroma therapy.

I was just replying originally cause you quoted my post for some reason. and mistakenly try to correct me.

Do whatever you want though.

scy123,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If you read the post, he clearly wants to nebulize it in the traditional sense of inhalation.

Not aroma therapy.

I was just replying originally cause you quoted my post for some reason. and mistakenly try to correct me.

Do whatever you want though.

As someone I can’t recall.... said earlier.... “LMAO”......

RustyOldNail,

scy123

All of that is true though.

What is funny?

EDIT: I actually knew a great deal about nebulizers long before posting here. "I may be mistaken" may just be my new favorite catch phrase though.

Last edited:
scy123,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The whole idea has interested me for years, I'd love to try it....
View attachment 12173

From 2.5 years ago:

From the 1st link:

“Rather than heating cannabis as one would by vaporizing or smoking, nebulizing sends compressed air through a specially formulated cannabis solution and turns it into micro particles, which are one to five microns in size, that can be inhaled into the lungs. These cannabis solutions vary, but some research shows they can contain sodium electrolytes to help with the nebulizing process, small amounts of ethanol to dilute the oil and emulsifiers like sodium lauryl sulphate (which is often found in toothpaste), as well as water.”

And:

“But the problem is that standard cannabis flower or oil cannot be put into a nebulizer. “Cannabis and its extracts are hydrophobic; they don’t like water,” says Dr. Tishler. “So nebulization will not work for cannabis, at least not for simple cannabis extracts.”

Seems the mix is the key. While the diffusing Nebulizer I bought was designed for essential oils, it’s the basically the same basic tech, “turns it into micro particles, which are one to five microns in size”. So if I had a compatible “juice”, I could put a towel over it, and inhale. Doesn’t sound to appealing, but perhaps for a medical patient, or me as I age, though I’d get a proper medical Nebulizer if I went down that path.

scy123

The key is if you can homogenize THC into a solution that can be nebulized efficiently to get you high.

Which is the topic of this thread.

The appeal to it I will leave to your imagination.

Edit: btw, new thought in mind. FILLERS for a 1 sentence post. Just tell me how you feel in that one sentence, don't make me read a paragraph.

Last edited:
scy123,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What about inhalers...? I mean, I know the thread topic is specifically about nebulizing and homogenizing, but the OP hasn't been seen since a few months after this thread... over 3 years ago... I've always wanted to check one of these out, too...:
1630221904322.png1630221979900.png1630222197909.png1630222379516.png

scy123

Very interesting if it works. I doubt it will be available for diy and will probably cost a ton to buy it ready made.

Similar to buying carts vs making carts.

I was only interested in nebulizing to see if it can avoid some or ideally most of the irritation involved in vaping. Some of us don't have iron lungs and coughing like a maniac is a sure fire way for people to know you're getting high.

I am already involved in homogenizing THC with great success, experimentation for nebulizing it is not too far away.

scy123,
Reactions: HughJass

HughJass

Such a fascinating concept.
I really like the idea of a “truly pure” device, that only activates and atomizes the beneficial cannabinoids that you want/need, potentially without using heat at all- (to truly not effect/keep ALL of the flavor)

“But the problem is that standard cannabis flower or oil cannot be put into a nebulizer. “Cannabis and its extracts are hydrophobic; they don’t like water,” says Dr. Tishler. “So nebulization will not work for cannabis, at least not for simple cannabis extracts.”

Although this does seem to be rather glaring issue.
I keep thinking that there must be some unexplored options when tinkering with pressure and heat.

Which also got me thinking- One can more evenly/easily emulsify oils and water under a vacuum. (Add on to that- that just creating the vacuum and releasing it can sometimes atomize the liquids inside- and I am starting to think some sort of small vacuum chamber may be the answer..)

But it’s all just fun/crazy ideas until someone actually does something with it.

Speaking of-
I am already involved in homogenizing THC with great success, experimentation for nebulizing it is not too far away.

Even though it’s not the simple, or diy accessible, method- have you had any luck? Or if not-what roadblocks have you run into?

HughJass,

ScyOne

Was more interested in homogenizing to make ejuice really. It works really well, but still separates in a couple weeks. If you use it constantly, the heat and vaping motion keeps it mixed though.

For nebulizing you probably don't even need a homogenizer, I remember my shatter and pg mix would last over a month with just heat and stirring.

Normal nebulizers is probably not ideal, they seem to be more for thin liquids and don't really produce much vapor. I was looking into this https://vaping360.com/reviews/usonicig-zip-review/ ultrasonic vaporizers made for ejuice, seems promising. The big issue with atomizers is the carbon builds up and clogs it. With this their is no heat or wick for carbon build up.

ScyOne,

GoldenBud

Normal nebulizers is probably not ideal, they seem to be more for thin liquids and don't really produce much vapor
and also i think some percentage of the vapor is getting lost in the air? like, you don't inhale 100% of the vapor?

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom